#3 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:51 PM

Gonna be fun to see how they master the tempo swing in one day! because most will.  As for the rest of the fluff...not interested, they don't know how to make a realistic golf game, so many bad decisions when they listened to the chosen few, rather than the people who actually play golf.  Will be giving this a massive swerve.

• cajuncapgun and LeazesNDR like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#4 shark7

shark7

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:54 PM

yes it would need to be a major improvement for me to even consider buying it again

• Pro8ballUK likes this

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:55 PM

What's with ani having a glove on each hand and one in the back pocket?

All the online clubhouse reminds me of Playstation Home. I feel they'll just turn in to pissing contests and ego trips.

Hope the TGC brigade enjoy it. Not for me.

#6 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 07:57 PM

I'm sure it'll appeal to some people, which is fine. But it looks boring to me personally.

#7 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 February 2017 - 08:18 PM

I wouldn't base my opinion of TGC 2 on that video.  It's pre-alpha video, which isn't showing the new mo-capped golfer animations, upgraded textures, new lighting model, and custom created golfers.  I'm surprised the publisher would post a video like this supposedly representing the 'new game', when it doesn't have 90% of the new assets on display!? :unsure:

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#8 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:14 PM

What we can do here already is coming there- Big deal,Do not like the texturing there, to many restrictions, cant add this or that, just what they give you.

The golf community thing they have coming is not doing it for me either, that sharp edge on the texture joins is not good, cant add your own objects or sounds, its still too limiting.

The power and freedom of unity to make and import your own stuff is great here , but still you cannot do that at TGC, there just drip feeding , but it could be way better

#9 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:53 PM

As JC said - That is basically a TGC 1.2 video.

Most all of the new visual stuff isn't in there, which frankly makes that video an odd one to release IMO.

#10 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:03 PM

It looks like Golf meets the Sims. How exciting *yawns*

#11 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:10 PM

It looks like Golf meets the Sims. How exciting *yawns*

That video does... yes, I agree, but as Buck says above, it's probably more representative of what I would call TGC 1.2 in terms of showing the announced improvements and enhancements.  You may be able to say the same thing about the released version for all I know, I'm just suggesting that what you see in the video will be at least surpassed by the release version.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#12 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:23 PM

What we can do here already is coming there- Big deal,Do not like the texturing there, to many restrictions, cant add this or that, just what they give you.

The golf community thing they have coming is not doing it for me either, that sharp edge on the texture joins is not good, cant add your own objects or sounds, its still too limiting.

I think you're overlooking one big feature that TGC 2 will have that JNPG doesn't; a highly detailed custom player creator.  It might not matter to some, but I've always enjoyed the Gameface, Create a Player feature that the Tiger Woods Series had.  I like creating a player that looks reasonably like me, my friends, or PGA Tour pros.  As goofy as it sounds, I feel more invested and immersed in the game when the golfer animations looks like me.

One other point,  we haven't seen any representative course screens of TGC 2.  HBS says that their new textures will lend themselves to more blended transition lines.  The proof will be in the pudding, but at least be aware that what you're looking at are pre-alpha screens, where the focus at the time was more in incorporating their new tempo swing interface.  I can't say that I know for a fact that the final product will change your mind and more than I can say it will change mine.  I'm keeping an open mind for the end product though. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#13 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:39 PM

...but I've always enjoyed the Gameface, Create a Player feature that the Tiger Woods Series had.

Me too!  I got a total kick out of the uploading your own photo to the website and having your guy literally look like you!

Not sure which TW game that was, but I loved it.

I do hope we get some form of avatar customization at some point in PG, no question.

#14 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:36 PM

TGC VR is pretty fun tho!  I can only swing with one arm tho, but shot a 53 on my last nine!

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#15 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:51 AM

TGC VR is pretty fun tho!  I can only swing with one arm tho, but shot a 53 on my last nine!

I'm too chicken to try it out.  I'm afraid I'd like it and would then be looking at dropping $800 on an HTC-Vive, and probably a computer upgrade of epic proportions to get a decent frame rate with VR.  I'd also have to rearrange and probably remodel my rec room to house it properly.

Oh, have you seen the golf club grip attachment they have for the Vive controller now?  I saw a video from the PGA show a week or so ago, where a chick was playing TGC VR with it... can't find the video now, but here's a link to the attachment:

https://vrmerch.com/...oller-golf-club

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#16 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 February 2017 - 12:59 AM

I'm too chicken to try it out.  I'm afraid I'd like it and would then be looking at dropping $800 on an HTC-Vive, and probably a computer upgrade of epic proportions to get a decent frame rate with VR.  I'd also have to rearrange and probably remodle my rec room to house it properly.

Offer is still on the table!!  :D

Now that they've added the club offset setting I'm swinging the controller with a real club shaft attached to it.  It's even better than it was before!!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#17 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:27 AM

I'm having a blast with my Vive.  Everything from golf, to racing to flight simulators, it's really opened up a whole new world of gaming for me.  The immersion is just unbelievable, you have to try it.  Hell, even one of the tower defense games written by Vive where you are the tower shooting a bow and arrow at your attackers is a blast!

#18 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:44 AM

Me too! I got a total kick out of the uploading your own photo to the website and having your guy literally look like you!
Not sure which TW game that was, but I loved it.

I do hope we get some form of avatar customization at some point in PG, no question.

TWO/The Masters 12 had it as I loaded up sting from WCW days and he turned out like some kinda walking zombie with grey skin...it looked so funny I keep it..if I'm not mistaken it's still on there when I sign into origin ..I play that game from time to time...what got me mad was I lost everything I bought in the game when I redid my hard drive last year..

#19 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:51 AM

I'm having a blast with my Vive.  Everything from golf, to racing to flight simulators, it's really opened up a whole new world of gaming for me.  The immersion is just unbelievable, you have to try it.  Hell, even one of the tower defense games written by Vive where you are the tower shooting a bow and arrow at your attackers is a blast!

I remember telling you a few months ago how awesome it is.  Glad to see that you took the plunge.  It's not something that can be conveyed in words.  Someone just has to try it and then they see how awesome it is!!  The TGC VR game is really quite good.  Just imagine how awesome JNPG VR could be!!!

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#20 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:53 AM

I remember telling you a few months ago how awesome it is.  Glad to see that you took the plunge.  It's not something that can be conveyed in words.  Someone just has to try it and then they see how awesome it is!!  The TGC VR game is really quite good.  Just imagine how awesome JNPG VR could be!!!

I know.  I've already told MJ about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users