463 replies to this topic

#21 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 01:59 AM

Me too! I got a total kick out of the uploading your own photo to the website and having your guy literally look like you!
Not sure which TW game that was, but I loved it.

I do hope we get some form of avatar customization at some point in PG, no question.

I remember doing the same thing in TW. When I started playing with my newly created character of myself my daughter walked by the TV and said, "Look Dad your in the Tiger Woods game." I said to her, "Do you think it looks like me? He looks kinda scary." My daughter replies matter of factly, "It looks exactly like you!"

Kids can be brutally honest! ;)

-MERACE

#22 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:28 AM

I'm having a blast with my Vive.  Everything from golf, to racing to flight simulators, it's really opened up a whole new world of gaming for me.  The immersion is just unbelievable, you have to try it.  Hell, even one of the tower defense games written by Vive where you are the tower shooting a bow and arrow at your attackers is a blast!

Off topic, but if you like Star Trek, check this freebie out!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ubo03wss8rcaba9/Constitution_Class_Experience_v1.05.zip

To play, run SteamVR then run this from wherever you unzip it to.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#23 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 February 2017 - 03:10 AM

That is very cool!

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#24 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2017 - 05:12 AM

It looks like Golf meets the Sims. How exciting *yawns*

I thought that too Ian - it would be a nice add-on to the next sims if you like that kind of thing, which I do....

But no 3 click, no real-time FEM..... just sounds like another major corps. franchise money spinner to me - have they ever heard of 'updates' ?? 

I'll stay here thx - this is where the proper golf fraternity seem to prefer it whether that be golf players, golf designers or gamers.

This one is the real deal.

- TGC is Britney Spears showcase at the MGM Grande and something within myself detests everything that stands for.

#25 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:10 PM

I thought that too Ian - it would be a nice add-on to the next sims if you like that kind of thing, which I do....

But no 3 click, no real-time FEM..... just sounds like another major corps. franchise money spinner to me - have they ever heard of 'updates' ?? 

I'll stay here thx - this is where the proper golf fraternity seem to prefer it whether that be golf players, golf designers or gamers.

This one is the real deal.

- TGC is Britney Spears showcase at the MGM Grande and something within myself detests everything that stands for.

You're judging the 2.0 model based on a 1.1 early prototype.  Yes, the 3-click absence is still valid, not sure what the acronym FEM stands for, but it doesn't sound like it's going to be full on real time multiplayer (the voice will be, but the animation will lag by varying degrees), but I think the end product is going to considerably more next-gen looking and updated.

Sorry, I don't see your Britney Spears analogy to TGC at all... she's all about glitz and tinsel, whereas TGC has been criticized for looking so generic.  I currently prefer JNPG to TGC, but I think you're underestimating the potential advances that TGC 2 may entail.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#26 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

The potential advances of TGC 2 need to be game play based for me to have any future interest.  I really do not buy into the tempo swing, The controller swing has such a small movement zone, any tempo will be easily mastered.  Secondly, they really must do away with the pristine carpet looking FW's and greens, how some over at HB think it portrays great graphics is beyond me, not to mention the god awful transittions.  There was so much wrong with TGC that i fear they may not get it right until TGC 4.  So many bang on about the putting in TGC being the best ever and spot on! yet the ball breaks immediately when you have L to R or R to L putts, this is totally unrealistic, and it takes people who actually play the game to see it for what it is. Couple all that with a terrible short game and ease off the tee and you see how much they need to improve before it gets even close to a decent golf title.

• LeazesNDR likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#27 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:38 PM

I agree with the above post regarding the putting…
Totally, completely, overblown as "best ever" IMO

#28 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 08:41 PM

TGC putting was great until something better came along. It definitely has some warts.

And people talk about TGC putting because it's the only bright spot in the gameplay. If the rest of the swing mechanic were brought up to the same standard it would be a dramatic improvement but still not great.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:21 AM

the one thing i got out of that was everything to do with their game is kept in the same place.

i thought all game companys played like this. to keep people on their game instead of surfing the net to chase down courses and such

and who knows when they may end up returning to the game, make sence to me to keep it all local

• MERACE likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#30 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:31 AM

the one thing i got out of that was everything to do with their game is kept in the same place.

i thought all game companys played like this. to keep people on their game instead of surfing the net to chase down courses and such

and who knows when they may end up returning to the game, make sence to me to keep it all local

For the most part, yes.  But most of the serious tournament play is still outside of the game.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#31 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 01:36 AM

For the most part, yes. But most of the serious tournament play is still outside of the game.

...and hopefully most of that will change with the Societies in TGC2. ;)

-MERACE

#32 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:14 AM

...Societies in TGC2

I must admit that I find that to be a somewhat odd naming choice...

Oh well - None of that stuff matters if they didn't nail the swing and the overall challenge of the game..

They sure are quiet about all that..  Ominously so..

#33 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2017 - 02:27 AM

FEM - finite element modelling, and they don't have it but we do, like I said - all tinsel town no substance, perhaps I was wrong about the sims - it's GTA 6 isn't it  :D

#34 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:09 AM

Oh well - None of that stuff matters if they didn't nail the swing and the overall challenge of the game..

They sure are quiet about all that..  Ominously so..

HBS just finished the selection process for 200 closed beta testers to primarily test the new swing mechanic. They want to get feedback from as much of the community (even some from the JNPG community ;)) to help tweak the new swing mechanic for release in TGC2.  

-MERACE

#35 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 03:33 AM

HBS just finished the selection process for 200 closed beta testers to primarily test the new swing mechanic. They want to get feedback from as much of the community (even some from the JNPG community ;)) to help tweak the new swing mechanic for release in TGC2.  

-MERACE

Hope springs eternal

#36 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:13 PM

Here are a couple of videos of TGC 2 in action, using actual TGC 2 assets.  These are replay videos, so you're not able to get a good swing camera perspective from what's in the game, but this is far more representative of the game than the February 'First Look' trailer.

[/QUOTE]

• MERACE likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#37 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:17 PM

I'm just having trouble getting excited with what they are showing so far…

I really hope they open up a bit more and show us some gameplay from normal viewpoints etc.

I don't get this intense secrecy thing they are doing. As a result there is essentially zero buzz for this unless you already knew about it in advance

#38 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

I'm just having trouble getting excited with what they are showing so far…

I really hope they open up a bit more and show us some gameplay from normal viewpoints etc.

I don't get this intense secrecy thing they are doing. As a result there is essentially zero buzz for this unless you already knew about it in advance

I think some conventional gameplay camera views would go a long way, but yes, the promotion is puzzling.  HB Studios has a publisher - Maximum Games - this time around and I think that's sort of tied their hands, but you'd think a publisher would want to amp up the attention for one of their games :huh:

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:00 PM

Watching that Long Drive clip to me just looked like TGC but with an updated golfer ani.

#40 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:07 PM

Watching that Long Drive clip to me just looked like TGC but with an updated golfer ani.

That's honestly how I feel about it too.
It really doesn't look much different to me (beyond the Ani)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users