463 replies to this topic

#61 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:02 PM

I pre-ordered RM at $59 plus tax and it was a total waste of money for me. The graphics are good but that the game play was not very enjoyable. Best Buy is currently selling it for $29.99 however, I don't feel it's worth a purchase even at that price so you would be wise to wait for it to end up in the bargain bin.

-MERACE

Exactly my plan MARACE!   It is a shame it was not very enjoyable and quite honestly, I read many, many reviews before even thinking of buying the game and many have said the same, not enjoyable.   I don't know what is a good deal at this point because even if I got at $10 and not going to play it, what is the point?  

• MERACE likes this

#62 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

Yeah i'm done wasting money on games, bought a few crud titles in my time, the trouble with TGC 2 is the testers will feel priviliged being selected to test and will be reluctant to list the failings, or simply be blinkered to them... lol they even let john eric test it and that guy is clueless, he's all eye candy and nothing else, oh and he is infatuated with A.Kyne, he's gonna love it no matter what.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#63 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

Yeah i'm done wasting money on games, bought a few crud titles in my time, the trouble with TGC 2 is the testers will feel priviliged being selected to test and will be reluctant to list the failings, or simply be blinkered to them... lol they even let john eric test it and that guy is clueless, he's all eye candy and nothing else, oh and he is infatuated with A.Kyne, he's gonna love it no matter what.

That's why I'm trusting in JC to do a good job of beta testing TGC2.  ;)  B)

-MERACE

• JoeF likes this

#64 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:08 AM

Yeah i'm done wasting money on games, bought a few crud titles in my time, the trouble with TGC 2 is the testers will feel priviliged being selected to test and will be reluctant to list the failings, or simply be blinkered to them... 

DoGgz, if you could take a peek behind the scenes right now,  you would totally divorce yourself from this notion, I guarantee you!  ;)

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#65 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,354 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:22 AM

Are there hints or announcements for any other golf titles in the near future?    Man, I could remember a time when you could anticipate a new version of your favorite title being released year after year (Links, TW, etc).   Then every so often, a new title would emerge.. perhaps not as popular, but it was something new to check out.   These days, seems like we are clinging onto the hopes of a few indie titles in order to get our golf fix.   I would never have guessed that we would be at this point... has golf games really lost their popularity over the years?        

#66 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:40 PM

Golf is a dying sport unfortunately. So it's already niche before you even consider the video game side of the market... which makes it super niche.

It's a sad fact.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#67 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

DoGgz, if you could take a peek behind the scenes right now,  you would totally divorce yourself from this notion, I guarantee you!  ;)

I would not include your good self in that notion, some i most def would but not yourself.  I hope they do get it right, maybe PP will then up the ante in terms of a more speedier progression.  PG satisfies my needs, there are one or two minor things i would like to see change, but i def do not want to be floating between two golf games, no matter how good they both may be.  Outside of tour rounds i do not play that much and certainly would not be rejoining TGCT if TGC 2 was in my library, the tours here are more than enough.  I'm glad you got access though, you would have been first on the list, i hope D dawg and jimgem got access also, good guys.

• Fairwayman likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#68 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:38 PM

I would not include your good self in that notion, some i most def would but not yourself.  I hope they do get it right, maybe PP will then up the ante in terms of a more speedier progression.  PG satisfies my needs, there are one or two minor things i would like to see change, but i def do not want to be floating between two golf games, no matter how good they both may be.  Outside of tour rounds i do not play that much and certainly would not be rejoining TGCT if TGC 2 was in my library, the tours here are more than enough.  I'm glad you got access though, you would have been first on the list, i hope D dawg and jimgem got access also, good guys.

What I'm really trying to say is that there's not a trove of sycophant fanboys, who aren't willing to give honest, critical feedback in this beta.  I can't say anything more that would speak to your concerns without violating the NDA, but I think if you ever get a chance to see, and particularly play the finished product, you'll find there's a lot there that will likely differ from your current perceptions of it.  I still play JNPG, and will continue to do so even more when this beta is over.  I want to have two quality golf games to go back and forth between; it helps keep each of them fresher when I can do that, at least in my experience.  

I think once TGC 2 and Jack Nicklaus Perfect Golf Windows 10/XBox One/PS4 edition are on the market, golf gamers are going to have two very viable and worthwhile golf games from which to choose and we'll be into a new golden age of golf gaming again!

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#69 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:43 PM

I still play JNPG, and will continue to do so even more when this beta is over.  I want to have two quality golf games to go back and forth between; it helps keep each of them fresher when I can do that, at least in my experience. 

Is the implication here that even with what you are seeing in TGC2 there are still going to be gameplay/experience gaps on the TGC side that only PG will fill?

#70 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:33 PM

Is the implication here that even with what you are seeing in TGC2 there are still going to be gameplay/experience gaps on the TGC side that only PG will fill?

No, not at all... I'm just compelled to play each based upon their unique gameplay properties and presentation styles.  It keeps a fresh edge to each game when I mix 'em up a bit.  Each game has its gameplay/experience gaps, but I see each getting better and better over time.

• RobV likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#71 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 01:54 AM

I'd forgotten to check here again - Good to hear JC

Can't wait to see it!

#72 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:11 PM

Lol i think i upset the team at HB, i posted tongue in cheek that i was shocked to be overlooked for TGC 2 beta and i would have to check it out on torrent when it drops....That got me Banned for life  :)  I'm devastated! i was looking forward to getting TGC 2, quitting PG and residing once more at easyville. :D Guess i'll have to stay with the real golfers..C'est la vie

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#73 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

They are taking an interesting tack with this new version..

Some excerpts I saw this morning from the preorder announcement include:

By pre-ordering The Golf Club 2, you’ll receive the Day One Edition,

which includes the following:

Moneybags – Save time and get rich quick with an instant payout that
will boost your career and give you serious purchasing power

Elite Club – Make your competitors jealous and stand out among the crowd
with an exclusive 24K solid gold driver

Premier Clubhouse – Gain access to an exclusive high society clubhouse
for you and your friends

I was pretty sure they had said that you'll not be able to make your player better through upgrades/dlc stuff, so I'm trying to wrap my head around what the point is to all of this type of instant payout gold driver stuff.

I suppose it's just for fun?

I'm kind of waiting until Divot, Mebby and Jcat comment on their thoughts about it - Divot and JCat especially since they've been testing it.

Hopefully the NDA lifts before it releases, but I'm not sure it will given how super secret things have been with the Maximum Games involvement.

#74 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:52 PM

I was pretty sure they had said that you'll not be able to make your player better through upgrades/dlc stuff, so I'm trying to wrap my head around what the point is to all of this type of instant payout gold driver stuff.

You won't, that stuff is all purely cosmetic.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#75 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 07:56 PM

You won't, that stuff is all purely cosmetic.

Amazing how much effort they appear to have devoted to the purely cosmetic.
People must love that stuff.

Me?
I just want the shot outcomes to be more realistic and varied and the swing to be challenging.

Anything beyond that would be icing for the cake.

Getting "virtually rich quick" isn't a real priority of mine.
haha!

#76 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:10 PM

Amazing how much effort they appear to have devoted to the purely cosmetic.
People must love that stuff.

Me?
I just want the shot outcomes to be more realistic and varied and the swing to be challenging.

Anything beyond that would be icing for the cake.

Getting "virtually rich quick" isn't a real priority of mine.
haha!

I don't get it either, but there's obviously those who do, thus there's a market for it.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#77 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

I just found out that the Pre-Order content is not available for PS4
Digital Download.

Oh well, I'll have to buy my throw back clothes (Payne Stewart nickers and hat) from in-game money I earn from my stellar game playing skills. ;)

-MERACE

#78 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 28 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

can't wait for when they master the tempo in one day then wonder why it was ever tagged on in the first place, it will be just a needless edition, the swing in PG does not need it, and its better than TGC will ever be imo.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#79 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 28 April 2017 - 11:23 PM

can't wait for when they master the tempo in one day then wonder why it was ever tagged on in the first place, it will be just a needless edition, the swing in PG does not need it, and its better than TGC will ever be imo.

You may be right, but how will you know for sure if you have not and will not be playing TGC2?

-MERACE

#80 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 02:30 PM

Newest trailer.

https://youtu.be/pqlm9yM74VA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users