Qaaa8vE.jpg

#82 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:37 PM

"In The Golf Club, there were over 150,000 user generated courses made, and every single one of them can be imported into The Golf Club 2!"

Huge "ugh"~

Did they really not go in and cull any of the auto gen, or mostly auto gen, just plain awful played by nobody but published junk that got put out?

I sure hope they at least made filtering and finding way way way better than before.

Once again, just left wondering and wishing they'd lift that NDA so people could simply level with all of us that have questions.

Hiding so much behind Hot Shots style trailers and avoiding the "playing actual golf" details is a frustrating marketing strategy.

#83 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

The one thing I find convincing (in this trailer) is the use of depth of field and camera focus to blur out the more distant background. This would add more realism to JNPG as well, where everything is either sharp and crispy, even if far away - or reduced to unruly pixels in the distance. 

• Fairwayman likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#84 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 04:28 PM

The one thing I find convincing (in this trailer) is the use of depth of field and camera focus to blur out the more distant background. This would add more realism to JNPG as well, where everything is either sharp and crispy, even if far away - or reduced to unruly pixels in the distance. 

I totally agree - It's my great hope that the new Win10/XB1 version of PG will up the game on lighting, light scattering, some distant effects to reduce jaggies as you mention, etc.

Those subtle things can really take the "look" over the top visually.

I'm realizing as TGC2 draws near, that the golf purist side of me will likely always be a PG guy, as my interest in "making my competitors jealous", getting an "elite clubhouse to stand out" or "swagging out my status" is less than zero.

#85 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:27 PM

What's with ani having a glove on each hand and one in the back pocket?

I'm wondering if anyone associated with the designing has ever played irl golf, or even watched it on tv?

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#86 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 05:33 PM

I'm wondering if anyone associated with the designing has ever played irl golf, or even watched it on tv?

Warren

You guys are missing it!

He's got all those gloves because he Got Rich Quick© with Instant Payouts© and procured a ton of Moneybags© with which he has purchased loads of Heirloom Apparel© and wants to carry it all around with him on both hands and hanging out of pockets so everyone can see his "status"..

Ka-Ching-Bling baby...

Who cares about the golf, have you seen my Premier Clubhouse© and Elite Emblems©?

Are you jealous?

z23sRmK.png

#87 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 April 2017 - 06:28 PM

Depth of field effects are fine if you like viewing the world through a camera lens rather than your eyes. I'm pretty sure that the first TGC had this too and was one of the first things I turned off in the game.

• Armand likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#88 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:05 PM

Seeing the crowds brought back bad memories. No-one has ever done good crowds.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#89 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:11 PM

Depth of field effects are fine if you like viewing the world through a camera lens rather than your eyes. I'm pretty sure that the first TGC had this too and was one of the first things I turned off in the game.

The problem there is that in the real world there's dust and haze, etc, so PG as it currently is doesn't really represent things accurately either.

Some lighting effects, haze, atmospheric scattering - Any/all of that would be most welcome to create some lifelike views in the distance in the game.

#90 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

I for one can't wait to try out the GNCD. Sounds like a lot of new features to use and the moving water looks awesome.

#91 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

I for one can't wait to try out the GNCD. Sounds like a lot of new features to use and the moving water looks awesome.

Minor detail - No longer the GNCD (Greg Norman affiliation is apparently dead)

#92 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:16 PM

Like the dynamic crowds.  Gold driver is cool but on the sim, we don't see our avatars.  Can only see our opponents avatars.  TGC2 looks like TGC1 to me.   

TGC 2 Day One will have 150, 000 courses.  TGC 2 Day Two will have 300,000 courses......lol

#93 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:29 PM

Lots of razzle dazzle in that trailer. If you look past it, the graphics look mostly the same as TGC1. Bottom line, though, is gameplay. I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens.

#94 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 29 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

If they were truthful they would say "150k courses and 99.9% of them are total shite that serve no purpose but clog up the anal search feature" oh and we have gold drivers, more bling than you can throw a golf bag at and crowds that stand there shuffling from foot to foot whilst eating delicious frame rates...but do they have pot bunkers and a decent links theme? because i could not possibly play this again when all the so called great designers over there employ the one trick that makes a course pop, what is that trick i hear you ask..... plenty of over sized bunkers that are visible from every tee.  If you ever play some of these designs, next time you are on the fairway but close to one of these bunkers just zoom your camera out so you see the player and the bunker and you will see what i mean..they are HUGE!! almost bigger than the fairway itself in many cases. Some designers have even resorted to routing the full 18 holes playing into a low sun for full graphical effect ( another pop trick ) TGC is all show and no dough, HB had two attempts at making a rugby game and failed miserably twice, so i'm not that surprised.  Anthony Kyne said he wished he could stop me from purchasing TGC 2 when it drops... Don't flatter yourself m8, i would not play it if he gave it to me free with a real gold driver.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#95 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:03 PM

The problem there is that in the real world there's dust and haze, etc, so PG as it currently is doesn't really represent things accurately either.

Some lighting effects, haze, atmospheric scattering - Any/all of that would be most welcome to create some lifelike views in the distance in the game.

I'm not comparing TGC to PG.

As to realism, I found TGC looked more realistic to me with the DOF turned off. In fact, I can't think of a single game I've played with a DOF option that I preferred leaving it on if given the choice. They've always been far too extreme for my liking in the games I've played.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#96 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:12 PM

I'm not comparing TGC to PG.
As to realism, I found TGC looked more realistic to me with the DOF turned off. In fact, I can't think of a single game I've played with a DOF option that I preferred leaving it on if given the choice. They've always been far too extreme for my liking in the games I've played.

I agree with you about DoF
It's a largely bad idea trying to do something that lighting and atmospheric effects should be working to accomplish.

#97 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:22 PM

Only have DOF turned on for 1 game: American Truck Simulator.  I like how it kind of gives a sort of hazy heat kind of look to the game as I'm driving around the deserts of AZ, NV and CA.

• cajuncapgun likes this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#98 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Have they got pot bunkers in yet?

Doesn't look like it, but it does look like TGC2 has the bunkers from TGC. They just look the same.

#99 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:10 PM

I agree that TGC1 mostly looks like TGC1. Very minor differences.

The animations are awesome. But the magic is all going to be in the swing. If the swing still sucks then game over.

I REALLY hope the swing is good. I doubt it will ever be JNPG good but if it's in the second ballpark then I'll have two fun golf games to play.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#100 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

I'm optimistic that the swing will be as challenging and enjoyable as PG's controller swing based on DivotMaker's recent post in the TGC2 forums:

"I will say this....based upon what I have seen in the Beta, this will be my "go to" Golf game for the foreseeable future.

Hope that helps....." (DivotMaker)

-MERACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users