#41 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 08 April 2017 - 10:33 PM

I tend to agree with the last two posts. These teasers don't get me the slightest bit excited for TGC2. The billboard trees left and right in the first trailer makes me feel that the game engine itself is unchanged, and the course 'look' is identical to TGC.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#42 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:35 PM

I wish I could comment specifically on this, but I can say that if these videos were all I'd seen of TGC 2, I wouldn't be placing a pre-order based upon them myself... so I understand where you guys are coming from.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#43 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:20 AM

I have said before that i have no faith in HB to deliver a satisfying golf game experience, the tagged on tempo will not cut it, its not the answer when it comes to making a challenging controller swing, i am playing the masters over at PGLS and i am -4 on tour pro after 2 rounds, exactly like the real leaderboard.  Apart from the mocap and a few water effects it looks no different from TGC.  It wlll always be an arcade type experience, which is fine if you want that kinda thing, just not for me sorry.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#44 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:27 AM

The animations look good. The dead straight shots... well, I'll withhold judgement until I swing the club myself.
  • MERACE likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:21 AM

I wish I could comment specifically on this, but I can say that if these videos were all I'd seen of TGC 2, I wouldn't be placing a pre-order based upon them myself... so I understand where you guys are coming from.

I'm excited for when we get to see what you've been seeing in the beta..

#46 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:30 AM

The animations look good. The dead straight shots... well, I'll withhold judgement until I swing the club myself.

Let me just say that those dead straight shots are something most mortals are going to see sparingly in the highest difficulty level.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#47 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 09 April 2017 - 01:34 AM

I have said before that i have no faith in HB to deliver a satisfying golf game experience, the tagged on tempo will not cut it, its not the answer when it comes to making a challenging controller swing, i am playing the masters over at PGLS and i am -4 on tour pro after 2 rounds, exactly like the real leaderboard.  Apart from the mocap and a few water effects it looks no different from TGC.  It wlll always be an arcade type experience, which is fine if you want that kinda thing, just not for me sorry.

I wish I could speak to this in point DoGgz, but I can say that I'm not seeing anything I would classify as "arcade" in the highest difficulty level, and really, even the medium one.  HBS has admitted in previews that the game would have three difficulty levels, so I'm not giving anything away there.  I can't go into specifics about the way in which the difficulty manifests itself.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#48 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:49 AM

I will take seriously John's opinion on TGC2 over most anyone else's especially since he is fortunate to be a beta tester for TGC2. ;)

-MERACE

#49 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:46 AM

Not disputing JC's comments, as he always makes valid comment whether it be TGC or JNPG.

What 'we' were saying earlier is that the BETA video clips that were posted in this thread do nothing to raise excitement/expectation as it just looked like TGC with a new golfer animation.

Surely if you're beta testing TGC2, TGC2 is what you should be playing. I thought the GNCD was getting overhauled, but the bunker in the background of the Long Drive clip just looks like a bunker from TGC.

#50 ProFirefighter

ProFirefighter

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:48 PM

Game still missing extremely important 3 click option ...

i5-4460 / 8GB DDR3 / 1 TB 7200 RPM / Windows 8.1 / Thermaltake TR2 600W / EVGA GTX 960 FTW

#51 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:05 PM

I had a lot of hours invested in TGC, mostly in GNCD, playwise i have always hated the look of the textures, its too perfect, to pristine looking, the rough and deep rough properties are dreadful, putts breaking straight off the bat no matter what pace you play them, awful short game just to name a few things i hated about it, there are plenty more issues.  Even if they sort out the ease from the tee they still have all the above and more to remedy to make it a decent game.   Another thing, will you see a links course in TGC 2 as realistic looking as what you get in PG?  not in a million years! 

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#52 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 01:25 PM

Not saying I am going to buy the game, but on the surface, at least TGC2 appears to be a complete game, otherwise I tend to think that MS would never have approve to be sold for Xbox1.   To me graphics are in the eye of the beholder and the ones with better graphic hardware, so I am on the fence on that aspect.   I really do hope that at some point in the NEAR future, PG gets to the same stage as TGC2 is at.   Sure HB Studios have been at it a little longer, but as many agree, development of PG is just really at an all time crawl... thank goodness for the CF designers and their releases of new courses...without them, I'm not so sure the game and the stage that it is in would keep the general population interested at this point.    

#53 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:02 PM

Good points Rob, the new feature and improvement of PG is so slow that without user courses many would have abandoned it once the stock courses got a bit stale, it's troubling to think that it may have ground to a complete standstill if that scenario came about.  As good as the game is, without course forge out there and available, i believe there would be no game.  Either way i will never return to TGC, if i did it would be for the designer, but considering CF is much better than GNCD that aint gonna happen anytime soon.

• RobV likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#54 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:30 PM

Either way i will never return to TGC...

"Never" is a pretty hard line!

What if they canceled anything else on the PG front and moved on to other business opportunities?

#55 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:35 PM

I will at least buy and try TGC2. The updated animations look good. If they have made the gameplay better then it could be a decent game... maybe enough to hold me over until JNPG gets 3D grass and updated animations (around 2020 or so... joking, hopefully)

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#56 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:38 PM

"Never" is a pretty hard line!

What if they canceled anything else on the PG front and moved on to other business opportunities?

Let's golf 3 on IOS would be my destination i guess...seriously though, i never really enjoyed TGC as a golf game, GNCD got stale for me, so many courses created over there are barely any different these days, same textures, same objects and same tricked up designs.  If PG went i would just quit, i might actually spend some time with my racing games, i enjoy them as much as if not more than the golf.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#57 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:42 PM

@DoGgz - Interesting - Thx for sharing.

I think if PG and TGC were not around, I'd still be on TW 08, or perhaps TW 14 on PS3 that I still have.

14 is obviously more modern/complete/better looking, but TW08 has quite the impressive course library, with things still being released!

I really wish EA had kept Tiger on PC going, and somewhat open ended so the community could keep running with it as they did with TW08 (and other versions), especially since they've bailed on golf now it appears.

Imagine if Rory was more complete, on PC, and they'd built or least enabled or not locked down 3rd party tools/access to keep building on the foundation!

#58 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

Yes if Rory was on PC i would prob own it, i've heard good and bad about the gameplay but you can't argue with their career modes with crowds etc, that is top notch as you would expect from a triple A title.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#59 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:37 PM

Yes if Rory was on PC i would prob own it, i've heard good and bad about the gameplay but you can't argue with their career modes with crowds etc, that is top notch as you would expect from a triple A title.

I have this gift card to Gamestop laying around, waiting to figure out what to purchase for my next Xbox1 game.   I went the other day hoping I would see Rory in the bargain bin, but nothing... I will check back in a week or so.   If I can get this game a discounted price, I am seriously thinking of picking it up.   I watched my friend's son play it and I have to tell you, the graphics, sounds and ambience are pretty impressive.  I didn't give it a go at playing, but I suppose if I do play, I can provide a proper review... not that my opinion means much.. lol

#60 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 07:36 PM

I have this gift card to Gamestop laying around, waiting to figure out what to purchase for my next Xbox1 game.   I went the other day hoping I would see Rory in the bargain bin, but nothing... I will check back in a week or so.   If I can get this game a discounted price, I am seriously thinking of picking it up.   I watched my friend's son play it and I have to tell you, the graphics, sounds and ambience are pretty impressive.  I didn't give it a go at playing, but I suppose if I do play, I can provide a proper review... not that my opinion means much.. lol

I pre-ordered RM at $59 plus tax and it was a total waste of money for me. The graphics are good but that the game play was not very enjoyable. Best Buy is currently selling it for $29.99 however, I don't feel it's worth a purchase even at that price so you would be wise to wait for it to end up in the bargain bin.

-MERACE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users