• This topic is locked This topic is locked
463 replies to this topic

#441 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Well, those last two comments just sealed it for me.  If someone buys it for me, I guess I wouldn't turn it down... lol

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#442 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

The guy i was watching said its an improvement but could and prob should be better.,,that's kinda the impression i am getting.   I really do not understand why they did not reach out to some of the better designers and start the stock courses with a bit of quality, just seen tim playing a crappy tropical course, full of gimmicks and badly thought out holes, you had a 537yd uphill par 4 that played as stroke index 16 followed by a straight forward short par 4 stroke index 1   christ, i cannot take this game seriously and the more i see the worse it gets.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#443 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:06 PM

Saw a course designer tutorial for creating a fairway. Laborious, repetitive and therefore hard work and boring.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#444 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

It's crazy that you still can't choose the time of day. The code to do it is already in the designer. I remember moaning about this when the original TGC was first released!

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#445 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

Turn based play still not working apparently, (PS4) no alt shot either, but hell if they can't get two players working well, what hope have they got with 4

PP have nothing to worry about it seems, not sure that's a good thing.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#446 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 27 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

My biggest gripe were the greens of glass in TGC. This seems to have been fixed and act more like greens should. So far I'm enjoying the game. Wish I had more time to play but I don't for now.

#447 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:04 PM

scratching my head, i seem to be getting more info over here then on there forums.

well im a clicker so im here for the duration 

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#448 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:16 PM

Doing a search on the TGC forums, I learned that many people had requested a green grid toggle during gameplay.  Well, you can turn it on and off, but it requires going into the gameplay options each and every time.  It takes about four clicks or so to get there.  Talk about a hassle.  What were they thinking?   :huh: 

#449 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:20 PM

So far, I really like the swing mechanism in TGC2.  But I forgot about HB's aversion to providing options.  Makes the game frustrating at times.  I've also gotten reacquainted with the TGC textures.  They're worse than I remembered them.  I hate to say it, but I may be back to PG sooner than I anticipated.   :wacko: 

#450 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 27 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

It feels to me that combine TGC2 extras (Career, Societies) with JNPG gameplay and you'll have yourself a pretty good all round game?

As a clicker, don't think I'll be taking the plunge, so in for the long haul here :)

I don't think apart from maybe a couple of players (competition players that is) that JNPG will ever see scores in the 50s for each round, if played off the Championship tees and with breezy winds and 14 stimps and normal greens. Sure, if you make it an easy setup you'll get scores in the 50s and sub 30s for 9 holes all the time.  I just get the feel, that is from watching and from reading comments that TGC2 will be like TGC1 and how Links became, that scores in the 50s will become the norm to winning, if you're the competitive type that is.  TGC2 may be more fun and if that's your priority, fair enough, but I like my comps and on JNPG, I certainly don't think when teeing off...."must shoot 59 each round", more a case of see what the scores are like, how it's set up  and see if I can sneak 1 or 2 ahead.

Just my humble opinions of course.

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#451 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

Well - I'm out already..

Double refund while I still could (under 2 hours play time).

I fully admit that I didn't give a longer/fairer shake (I would if Steam would loosen up the 2 hour rule a bit), but I saw enough to tell me it wasn't for me and my needs of playing with my Uncle.

Nice evolution for TGC - Much better than v1, but still too much of it's the same for me.

My favorite part (in direct comparison to PG) is definitely the new avatar.

The new avatar and how you can dress them up in TGC is totally awesome..

I'm very partial to RTS-C here, but I do think it wouldn't harm it to add some extra dimension (whether it's tempo or something else) if they wanted...or not if not..  I think HB did a nice job with that.  There should be lots of long term challenge for folks.

Putting.  No offense to TGC fans, but I'm just not into that putting nowadays.  It just feels way too heavy and like I'm cocking a slingshot (to me).  I very much prefer PG putting and especially cup physics.  TGC definitely has an arcade cup if you ask me.  Sucks in lots of things that should lip out or otherwise find a way not to drop (if you are interested in it being pretty realistic, as I am).

#452 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:40 AM

Have you checked out the forums over there? I expected the new release to generate a lot of positive feedback. So far, though, the reaction is subdued. The server issue doesn't help, of course.

#453 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:42 AM

Double refund?

As in one for yours and the other was for your uncle? You guys played multiplayer and the experience was the same as in TGC 1?

#454 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

An addendum to my earlier post: Tour level is more challenging than I realized. I had to switch to Player (which is a good thing, IMO). You can find your groove and, then again, you can really struggle to find it.
  • MERACE likes this

#455 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:45 AM

Double refund?

As in one for yours and the other was for your uncle? You guys played multiplayer and the experience was the same as in TGC 1?

Yes on the refund, no on the playing it..

MP always was confusing for him in TGC1 with the joining/turning on turn order weirdness thing and that appears unchanged.

Ultimately - He's old and somewhat adaptable, but he's comfortable with our routine in PG and I don't want to shake it up on him if I don't see big gains in doing so.

BTW:  Props to Steam for being a bit lenient - I'd gone a few minutes over 2 hours and I was fully expecting them to draw a hard line and have to email and beg somebody....nope - Kindly refunded with no hassle.  Very much appreciated that.

Edited by Buck, 28 June 2017 - 02:55 AM.

#456 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:46 AM

An addendum to my earlier post: Tour level is more challenging than I realized. I had to switch to Player (which is a good thing, IMO). You can find your groove and, then again, you can really struggle to find it.

Agree about challenge.  Nice to see they addressed that.

I can't say I felt like my 2 hour run showed me exactly what/how was impacting shot deviation from expectations, but I'm sure that would have become more apparent over time.

It's a real shame that Steam is so super tight on the refund policy.  2 Hours is just too short for a demo.  

I'd rather have some limitation on features in exchange for more time.

#457 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:48 AM

Have you checked out the forums over there? I expected the new release to generate a lot of positive feedback. So far, though, the reaction is subdued. The server issue doesn't help, of course.

Yeah - it's super early of course.  Once the servers aren't wonking out I'm sure the temperature of the room will be more accurate.

I really think it's a mistake that they aren't allowing segregation by club set (and other options).

The gap between Standard and Tour is *enormous* and it's not small between Player and Tour either.

They are counting simply on distance/spin reduction on lower levels to equalize things.  I'm skeptical that's enough.

#458 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:05 AM

I have to add one more thing I just thought of..

I, still, totally hate how they've tied conditions to the actual course.

Just.  Hate.  It.

You end up not so much picking a course, but wading through the arduous course list (already arduous yet again) basically just trying to find some suitable settings that don't have greens where everything rolls off the front or a well hit shot with some height won't stay (when it looks like it should).

I think there's some technical reason they've done it this way.  They claim that "the courses are works of art and meant to be consumed as the designer intended"...but I find that to be a bit eye rolling and definitely a stretch.  This is video game golf folks...calling the "designers" (especially using that course designer) "artists" is really stretching some word definitions.

Just frustrates me.

#459 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:26 AM

You're referring to things like green speed and fairway hardness?

#460 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:31 AM

You're referring to things like green speed and fairway hardness?

Yeah

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users