#401 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

I saw the videos, they looked alright but the only thing that really impressed me was being able to hear a nice loud thud when the ball lands ... that impressed me muchly ;)

#402 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:12 PM

Acrillix you are spot on, people harp on about the great graphics of TGC when its not the case.  Yes the water and trees look nice, but those textures are terrible still, there is still no blend from one texture to another, we are playing a golf game after all, and it needs to have some kind of real enviroment connect to portray that, no matter what you may think of PG's graphics in terms of next Gen, it does that really well, it's a shame that TGC looks fine until you start laying those ugly textures, then it just loses all reality.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#403 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:28 PM

I don't see eye to eye at all!
For all it's faults, JNPG graphics to me are far more realistic and preferable than the video game look of TGC1 and 2, which do nothing to capture the look and feel of a real golf course.
I shall continue living in the past... like it's 2009!  :lol:

Nice to have options isn't it!?
No need to choose one over the other - One can enjoy both.. (or not - it's all good)

There are graphical faults in both honestly. 
I'm just excited for something fresh for a bit as we appear to be in for a long wait before the next major bump to PG.
  • MERACE likes this

#404 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 05:29 PM

I don't see eye to eye at all!

For all it's faults, JNPG graphics to me are far more realistic and preferable than the video game look of TGC1 and 2, which do nothing to capture the look and feel of a real golf course.

I shall continue living in the past... like it's 2009!  :lol:

Buck acknowledged the issues with textures and bunkers.  Not insignificant drawbacks, to be sure.   The CF program definitely allows users much greater flexibility.  But the fact remains that there is no action, no momentum, and no buzz around PG at the moment.  It's a great game, IMO; but it'll eventually fall behind at the current pace of development.  

#405 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

For those who are basing a lot of their purchase decision on what the likes of JC have to say about TGC2, maybe this will help:-

If I hadn't played TGC 2 during the beta, I would be playing a lot more JNPG right now, but its swing interface and golfer animation doesn't come close to measuring up to what I see and particularly "feel" out of TGC 2's.  I've played a few isolated rounds of JNPG since the beta ended, but it no longer has the same attraction for me, having experienced TGC 2's more nuanced swing interface and superior ball flight and roll physics.

#406 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 07:58 PM

For those who are basing a lot of their purchase decision on what the likes if JC have to say about TGC2, maybe this will help:-

If I hadn't played TGC 2 during the beta, I would be playing a lot more JNPG right now, but its swing interface and golfer animation doesn't come close to measuring up to what I see and particularly "feel" out of TGC 2's. I've played a few isolated rounds of JNPG since the beta ended, but it no longer has the same attraction for me, having experienced TGC 2's more nuanced swing interface and superior ball flight and roll physics.

I have been watching a ton of twitch in the last 24 hours and the much better physics are readily apparent.

(I am comparing TGC1 and 2 physics here)

Also, I loved the way that over time of watching the same player, it became very clear how somebody gets in and out of the groove and is frustrated for a while and then finds it again with the swing… It is showing a lot of the key things many of us like about the controller swing on perfect golf.

As people here know I was pretty skeptical and a firm "no" on pre-ordering given the limited official information, but after seeing all the streams I ended up ordering two copies.

One of the best things about the game releasing early has been the ability to see so much more gameplay then Hb and maximum were showing us…

It really validated what Divot and JC have been saying.
  • nightowl likes this

#407 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

I was skeptical, too. We'll know in a couple of days, but it sure seems HB took measures to address TGC1 shortcomings. If they keep it up, they may eventually eliminate any reasons to prefer PG over their game. Who knows?

#408 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

I don't think either current golf game, TGC2 or JNPG (and maybe even JNPG2), will be the only golf game to play. Each game will have its plus and minuses.

However, it's nice to have more than one golf game worth playing. :)

-MERACE

#409 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:25 AM

I watched the golf designer twitch stream today. Man o Man I'm excited to dig into that. HB Studios will probably have lots of patches within the next year along with DLC hopefully for the course designer. I loved the city buildings and the new houses. There's gonna be some fantastic courses coming out this summer.

• MERACE likes this

#410 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:10 AM

To whom it may concern,

35537349875_21d75f613a_z.jpg

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#411 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:55 AM

To whom it may concern,

35537349875_21d75f613a_z.jpg

LOL!  This thread is probably more on-topic (in the off-topic area by the way) than any of your wannabe techie garbage that most users could get from the average third grader.

• Parboy, Tigers Agent, MERACE and 3 others like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#412 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:55 AM

HB Studios will probably have lots of patches within the next year along with DLC hopefully for the course designer.

Hope so - Designer and other DLC too I hope

#413 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

However, it's nice to have more than one golf game worth playing. :)

Very nice - Excited to give the tempo swing a go..
Tour clubs looks like a nice amount of variety and challenge.

#414 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:13 AM

LOL!  This thread is probably more on-topic (in the off-topic area by the way) than any of your wannabe techie garbage that most users could get from the average third grader.

i dunno about you, But i can't wait to hear another riveting post about his Asus motherboard and CLC "That's Closed Loop Cooler" to us mortals. :rolleyes:

• mebby likes this

#415 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:37 AM

Hope so - Designer and other DLC too I hope

After watching course designer twitch, a texture editor would be a good addition, so you can tweak the shades of grasses used, as they all seem theme dependant, hence all courses made with same theme have identical texturing and sometimes look rather bland. Also bunker edges/lips need some love.

Looked neat how fencing, retainibg walls and such could be easily applied.

#416 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 June 2017 - 01:01 PM

After watching course designer twitch, a texture editor would be a good addition, so you can tweak the shades of grasses used, as they all seem theme dependant, hence all courses made with same theme have identical texturing and sometimes look rather bland. Also bunker edges/lips need some love.

Looked neat how fencing, retainibg walls and such could be easily applied.

GNCD allows you to switch textures between themes but not adjust their hue/brightness etc, the only trouble is,  none of them look realistic.  Bunkers in TGC look flat and lack depth perception from certain angles, designers cure this ugliness by always having the sun in your face, trouble is you can only do that for approx half the holes unless you run every hole into the sun, and its been done many times, lol so you tee off at the club house and finish 6 miles away.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#417 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

GNCD allows you to switch textures between themes but not adjust their hue/brightness etc, the only trouble is,  none of them look realistic.  Bunkers in TGC look flat and lack depth perception from certain angles, designers cure this ugliness by always having the sun in your face, trouble is you can only do that for approx half the holes unless you run every hole into the sun, and its been done many times, lol so you tee off at the club house and finish 6 miles away.

I read somewere that the TGC dev. team offer you 50% on cab fares .... :) 

#418 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 03:54 PM

@DogGz:

Which streams have you watched so far?

#419 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:50 PM

I watched the one with the guy playing with his guest, did he say what level he was playing at because he was hitting perfect ratios almost all the time, and this early into his time with TGC 2,  not so much his guest though, Daz's ref to Jcat's comment means nothing to me, he thinks the swing is more nuanced than PG's but i think you need to master PG's on TP before comparing and he never did.  Also he referenced the ball roll, to me it still looks like it could be a puck on ice, too much roll imo.  I think ball roll in PG from tee to green is pretty good, having played golf for 20 years you kinda get a feel for whats what.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#420 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:16 PM

i think you need to master PG's on TP before comparing 

I've become quite good with RTS-C TP so I'll be intrigued for sure in terms of comparing things..

Hoping I can get my hands on it tonight at 10pm (12am EST day of release), but unsure yet..

Soon no matter what..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users