463 replies to this topic

#381 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 09:55 PM

@justin01626

I can't speak to why Nightowl is waiting, but for me it's a matter of lack of information.

I already took the ride with 3 copies of TGC1 and I simply want to know more and see more from impartial sources before buying anything more from HB.

I'm not 100% convinced that enough has changed that will make the purchase worth the price and I don't want to buy something I won't use for very long this time around.

Does that make sense?

I guess, just not worth  thinking about for me £30 play it one time or 1000 times its only £30? like i said its a night out for me no big deal.

#382 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:08 PM

£30 play it one time or 1000 times its only £30?
like i said its a night out for me no big deal.

Interesting perspective..

I personally would just prefer not to even waste any money on it if it's not something I'm going to enjoy and thus I'm waiting until the NDA drops, the game releases and a flood of information is available.

#383 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Why are you waiting? is £30 a big ticket item for you? for me it like having a good night out no big deal, you can say what you want but the price shouldn't stop anyone from buying both games and have some fun with them, you make it sound like you would be cheating on your wife if you bought TGC2 strange people.

LOL - Idon't have a lot of time for gaming, so I tend to be more careful than I used to be. I've wasted money on games before, too often in fact. No harm in waiting for some reviews first.

#384 justin01626

justin01626

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 10:45 PM

LOL - Idon't have a lot of time for gaming, so I tend to be more careful than I used to be. I've wasted money on games before, too often in fact. No harm in waiting for some reviews first.

Yes i guess so they have been a bid silly with the NDA

#385 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:34 PM

Someone got the game shipped early to them for PS4 and they are streaming right now on Twitch..

https://www.twitch.tv/irvingrlevine

Looks much more promising than I'd gathered from the official streams.

I see what JC was talking about now..

This is excellent to see..

#386 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Just preordered.   :) 

#387 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:12 AM

I love the way some of them are already talking about using xbox elite sensitivity setings to make it easier...Divot always said here that you cannot do that, think he's telling lies :)  , and god help these guys if they ever play PG tour pro. 

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#388 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

god help these guys if they ever play PG tour pro.

Pretty sure you don't have to worry about that too much...

#389 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

Just preordered.   :)

I'm debating it now myself..
Very encouraged with what I saw the ball doing and all the shots they struggled with, etc..
Looks much better than TGC 1 in terms of actual gameplay.

#390 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:27 AM

If I thought PG2 would be released this year, I might've held back. But the glacial pace of PG2 development (which kills any momentum it might've had) makes me doubt it. So, I figured I'd take a break from PG for a while.

#391 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:20 AM

All it has taken is 3 streams today and I'm definitely ordering the game.

Lots of superb changes - I definitely need to play this

It's shocking how badly HB marketed this.  I'm only at this point due to customers streaming who received the game early.

The official streams were simply atrocious at selling the product.

• nightowl likes this

#392 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:06 AM

Yep - in for 2 copies..

#393 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:19 AM

It's shocking how badly HB marketed this.  I'm only at this point due to customers streaming who received the game early.

The official streams were simply atrocious at selling the product.

The "marketing" of TGC2 is the worst that I've seen of any game worth purchasing.  The publisher's main purpose is to properly promote the game to to the buying public not the developer.  IMHO, Maximum Games have failed miserably in it's role as publisher for HBS.   <_<  

HBS did a very good job on promoting TGC1 especially with it's Developer Diaries and Anthony Kyne's dialogue with the community.

The best thing that Maximum Games have done is securing shelf space in the retail stores for those that want to buy the disc version of TGC2.

-MERACE

#394 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:33 AM

Best buddies. Don't know whether to love them or hate them.

Just had a text from my good bud (who I've known since school days) who now lives at the other end of our beautiful country from me to say he has pre-ordered me TGC2 on PS4. What a bastard!!!

He's not a PC gamer, so JNPG passed him by but I believe he dabbled in TGC on PS4 (I didn't as had it on PC and shelved it). So he has seen this as his chance to 'whupp my ass' as he so eloquently put it.

Looks like I'm in with the rest of you guys then.

At least I was true to my word of not buying TGC2, lol. Just means I will have to play it now. Lets hope I'm pleasantly surprised.

:lol:

#395 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:05 AM

The trouble i have is that if it does turn out to be a decent title then when i play a golf game i cannot settle for mediocrity of play, i have to go hardest setting and work at it, that would mean not playing PG and not designing in course forge for quite sometime, i could not purchase TGC 2 and play it every so often, that's just not me.  I am also very close to release of royal st georges and have another 3 height maps to be getting on with in course forge.  GNCD holds zero appeal for me, so as a whole TGC 2 would be a waste of time right now.  If it does turn out to be a good game then i may pick it up in steam sale after 6 months or so.  I will need to see some detailed reviews from impartial players first, and that may be tricky.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#396 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:08 PM

@DogGz - Too bad you missed the streams last night.  They appear to have all been pulled by takedown requests.

Game looks much much better.  You know how critical how I was on TGC1 - but as you can see, I jumped onboard.

Should be fun.  Very excited for something fresh..

#397 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:03 PM

I never cared too much for the real course designs in TGC. Think it'll be any easier for designers to replicate real courses in version 2?

#398 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Think it'll be any easier for designers to replicate real courses in version 2?

I'd be the wrong person to ask, but I doubt it..

It's one of a couple areas where TGC just is on a different track than PG.

This will likely be the go-to for RCR's, but TGC definitely has the more impressive graphics at this point in time.

I know many would take issue on points about textures and bunkers, etc - I get all that and agree with much of it...but the lighting contest is simply not a contest right now

I'll be particularly interested to see how performance on PC is.  That's another x-factor here.

If all our PG courses had reflective water I'd be more inclined to love that aspect here, but the baked in water algo vs real reflections just sucks in my eyes and is one of the most "2009" looking features of PG right now.  The water to land transitions in PG are helped so much by the R water..

#399 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:23 PM

I see eye to eye with you on all the above, Buck. Well said.

#400 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

I don't see eye to eye at all!

For all it's faults, JNPG graphics to me are far more realistic and preferable than the video game look of TGC1 and 2, which do nothing to capture the look and feel of a real golf course.

I shall continue living in the past... like it's 2009!  :lol:

• xooze and Tigers Agent like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users