#421 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:53 PM

steam sale is my friend...if it turns out good!  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#422 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:17 PM

steam sale is my friend...if it turns out good!  :)

I thought I read you saying you weren't going to buy TGC2 because you don't like the GNCD and since you won't be creating any courses with it then it's not worth your purchase?   :huh:

-MERACE

#423 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

no its not worth my purchase right now!    one day in the future + steam sale = possible purchase, depending on impartial reviews by people who know golf and know how to play the video version...i stil hate the textures though, and if i had i PS4 i would much rather everybody's golf as the arcade alternative to PG.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#424 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:00 PM

Yep. I have Everybody's Golf pre-ordered for my arcade style golf gaming and TGC2 for my sim style golf gaming. ;)

-MERACE

#425 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

Yep. I have Everybody's Golf pre-ordered for my arcade style golf gaming and TGC2 for my sim style golf gaming. ;)
-MERACE

I'm pretty intrigued by Everybody's Golf as well. I wish they had a PC version but maybe I'll pick it up for my PS4. Although I'd have to go to my son's room to play it. LOL!
  • MERACE likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#426 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:00 PM

Everybody's Golf will be a great game to introduce my grandkids to the sport of golf. :)

-MERACE
  • RobV likes this

#427 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 11:47 AM

I am going to wait at least a month or so before deciding to buy TGC2.  Might even find a used copy for cheaper by then.   I know others feel its too "arcadey" but I don't bother with things like that.. I the game is complete, with a ton of features and fun to play, that's all that matters to me.   If purchased, will buy for xbox1. 

• DoGgs likes this

#428 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:32 PM

Hows the excitement level building guys?  bet we got a few eager beavers chomping at the bit...Please do me one favour though, do not give any reviews here until you have played it for a few weeks, initial responses are always misguided, considering how bad TGC was this will no doubt be a step up, and that step up will initially blind your overall judgement.  You may say something like "the swing is a real challenge" then master it the next day lol.  Give it a few then i look forward to a rational objective review....happy golfing! 

One thing i would like to know now is what the career mode is like, pref playing tour clubs mode.  Thats one thing i really want from PG,  if it is a good,challenging experience then that may hold more interest for me.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#429 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 05:56 PM

Well I'm going to do the exact OPPOSITE of what DoGgz has suggested above...:)

I only had enough time to rush through one very quick round at Faxon Park. Downloaded the game, ran through the tutorials, changed my clubs to Tour clubs and hit the range for about 25 shots. After that I went to Faxon Park and teed off from the tips. Shot 1 under.

I found that I was getting perfect/perfect about 75% of the time. I think the tempo lines up well with my normal swing so I'm not having to adjust much at all. I appear to be more inclined to get perfect/fast when I'm trying to hit a partial shot and I seem to be more inclined to get perfect/slow when I'm trying to ensure that I get a full shot (like in those times when I definitely need to hit 100% to carry a hazard or something). Outside of that I was pretty good at getting the tempo right.

The lighting seemed to have some issues. Many times my golfer was way underexposed and the shadows on the trees were odd in spots (like a perfect line down the middle of all the trees with one half of the tree lit up and the other half very dark). It wasn't terrible but it's not great either.

Love the camera options while the ball is in flight. Love the new textures in the game. Putting seemed about the same as always which is mostly a good thing. I saw better lipout action than TGC1. The balls still breaks too early off the putter IMHO.

But overall - I had fun playing it. I'll get a ton more rounds in over the next few days and then I'll form more of an opinion but so far I can say that I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it for at least some period of time. The swing needs more testing to see if it's gonna last for me. I think Faxon Park is an easy course with generous fairways.

And the wind still feels overdone to me. But JNPG wind seems a little underdone so maybe it's just me.

More to come as I settle in with the game.
  • DoGgs likes this

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#430 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

I have been watching tim wilson's vids today, he's hitting perfect /perfect everytime.  I thought the tempo would be easy master, tim hit a few side hill lie shots that had no impact on ball flight, he was adjusting his aim for them too but got nothing, i thought they were incorporating that?

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#431 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:28 PM

I have been watching tim wilson's vids today, he's hitting perfect /perfect everytime.  I thought the tempo would be easy master, tim hit a few side hill lie shots that had no impact on ball flight, he was adjusting his aim for them too but got nothing, i thought they were incorporating that?

I'll have to check on the side hill lies. I felt like they were impacting my shot but maybe I imagined it? I'll check tonight.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#432 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:31 PM

It might be a case of side hill lies impacting only when john says so lol   i bloody hope not, its too important to get wrong.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#433 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

I just watched a couple of game play videos and the textures look worse than TGC1. The bunkers still look terrible and silly me I didn't think golf was played on carpet. The lighting and the water look phenomenal, but there just isn't any course immersion because it looks like you're playing at a carpet factory, lol.

• DoGgs likes this

#434 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:37 PM

I spent about half an hour going through the tutorials and hitting the driving range.  Dialing it in is more difficult.  I didn't try the Standard (easiest) level.  But Player level seems to guard too much against slices and hooks.  I took some horrible swings on purpose and the shot results were not nearly as bad as I figured.   Tour level is better.  But I'm not a great player, so I'm guessing the better players will eventually master it.  But I could be wrong.  For me, Tour level will be a good challenge.  DISCLAIMER:  I reserve the right to change my opinion after more time with the game.  ;o)

• mebby likes this

#435 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

I spent about half an hour going through the tutorials and hitting the driving range.  Dialing it in is more difficult.  I didn't try the Standard (easiest) level.  But Player level seems to guard too much against slices and hooks.  I took some horrible swings on purpose and the shot results were not nearly as bad as I figured.   Tour level is better.  But I'm not a great player, so I'm guessing the better players will eventually master it.  But I could be wrong.  For me, Tour level will be a good challenge.  DISCLAIMER:  I reserve the right to change my opinion after more time with the game.  ;o)

Based on what I'm seeing with one round (and clearly I need to play more so as you said... I reserve the right to change my opinion) I think that the Tour clubs will be mastered pretty quickly by most good players.

It's definitely an improvement from TGC1 without a doubt. Not sure yet if we'll see a leaderboard full of 59's again or not yet.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#436 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:45 PM

Based on what I'm seeing with one round (and clearly I need to play more so as you said... I reserve the right to change my opinion) I think that the Tour clubs will be mastered pretty quickly by most good players.

It's definitely an improvement from TGC1 without a doubt. Not sure yet if we'll see a leaderboard full of 59's again or not yet.

Time will tell.  I kind of have a hunch that Player level should be Standard, Tour should be Player, and Tour then should be made more difficult.  Like I said, good enough for me to enjoy the game.  No doubt about it.  

#437 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:46 PM

I'm gleaning a lot from Tim wilson, side hill lies must work  as they now have a lie meter, he did have a few shots that should have been affected but were not.  He is movng up to tour clubs shortly because the mid difficulty appears too easy.  The bunkers actually look worse in this version, maybe because the lighting is better and brighter and it highlights how bad they are, a noon sun in TGC 1 used to do that, no designer worth their salt created a course with a noon sun.  It has to be a step up from TGC, but i'm far from impressed at the moment.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#438 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:47 PM

@mebby  You shot -1 your first time on the hardest difficulty level?

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#439 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:48 PM

Time will tell.  I kind of have a hunch that Player level should be Standard, Tour should be Player, and Tour then should be made more difficult.  Like I said, good enough for me to enjoy the game.  No doubt about it.

Agree. I know I'll always be in the minority when it comes to these things but I really want the hardest level in the game to be genuinely hard. Not sure yet if they went far enough or not but the fact that I shot 1 under on my first round was either a fluke, due to an easy course, or not a great sign IMHO.

I DID, however, have fun so that's good enough for me... for now.

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#440 nightowl

nightowl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 06:49 PM

I'm also surprised we still can't choose the weather and time of day.  Hard to imagine a golf game in 2017 w/o those standard options.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users