Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 25 May 2017 - 04:15 AM

Can't wait to test this!

There is no shame in defeat, there is only shame if you do not learn from it.

Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb

Courses designed:

​The Pines, Bracken Heath, Skye Dunes, The Glade, Brook Vale (WIP).

#82 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:24 PM

#83 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:52 PM

I see your point.

• cajuncapgun and shimonko like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#84 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

I have managed to play some of this course, and it is actually a lot better than the pictures, in fact, the pictures do not do it justice. I am very impressed with the overall layout and placement of the shrubs, bushes and trees. The bunkers are so realistic and to be honest, this is the most realistic course I’ve seen so far.

​Keep up the great work.

​One word of warning, you need a high spec PC to experience the full beauty of this course.

Courses designed:

#85 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 06 June 2017 - 11:39 PM

I'm confident I will have a beta ready for testing for everyone in 2-3 weeks

#86 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:15 AM

Doc, I'm really sorry, but I can't resist. Is 2-3 weeks, similar to PP "soon"???  :rolleyes:

Richard

Posted Image

#87 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:19 AM

I have one more hole left dude...

however, its a freakin par 5 with greater than 60 custom bunkers

#88 olazaboll

olazaboll

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:33 AM

I have managed to play some of this course, and it is actually a lot better than the pictures, in fact, the pictures do not do it justice. I am very impressed with the overall layout and placement of the shrubs, bushes and trees. The bunkers are so realistic and to be honest, this is the most realistic course I’ve seen so far.

​Keep up the great work.

​One word of warning, you need a high spec PC to experience the full beauty of this course.

If you already had a go at the course, I´m curious to know the specs. of your system and how you felt the course ran on your computer ...

Thank You

Ola

#89 Ninja_Prime

Ninja_Prime

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationSuffolk UK

Posted 07 June 2017 - 08:39 PM

My spec is Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb , I can play the course, but there is some stuttering, I never said the FPS was great, my PC took a massive hit, normally I can play between 45-60 FPS on most of the courses, but I just wanted to see this course in all its glory, to be perfectly honest, I spent most of the time just looking around and taking screenshots :)

Courses designed:

#90 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

My spec is Intel i7 870@3.06Ghz, 12GB RAM, W10 Pro 64bit, Nvidia GTX 1060 3Gb , I can play the course, but there is some stuttering, I never said the FPS was great, my PC took a massive hit, normally I can play between 45-60 FPS on most of the courses, but I just wanted to see this course in all its glory, to be perfectly honest, I spent most of the time just looking around and taking screenshots :)

so are you saying it is to much for a 1060 card?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#91 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:42 PM

so are you saying it is to much for a 1060 card?

I have to say that I've had a 3GB and a 6GB 1060 and the 6GB model performed a fair bit better.

#92 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:50 PM

you cant play this course with all settings customly maxed out (tree quality, shadows and grass distance)

Im at the DEFAULT ultra high setting and turned on sky effects, lens flare and vsync.

Lowest fps is 19 to 20 on a few holes. Average 25 to 29

#93 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:57 PM

vsync what the heck does it do? for me all it seems to do is eat up all my fps

just setting on the settings page 220 fps hit the vsync and it breaks it down to 70s on every other page

and down to the 20s on every page. have never tried to play with it. i mean what its the point this happening on the settings page.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#94 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:37 PM

Groovy. We found a few more fps then!

#95 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

Groovy. We found a few more fps then!

i have always left it off i set mine up by the fps i get on the settings page if i can pull 200 on the settings page

then during play i seem to run anywhere from the 40s to the 120s depending on the courses and backgrounds.

i never run shadows they are the second biggest waste of FPS so turn yours off and you will get even more.

live weather is another drain, i always play under my local weather cost around 8/10.

Klipsch Sound System

#96 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 08 June 2017 - 12:09 AM

The shadows for this course should be on because there are 3D grasses combined with the 2d
The shadows give a cool effect mixed in with the grass

#97 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

vsync what the heck does it do? for me all it seems to do is eat up all my fps
just setting on the settings page 220 fps hit the vsync and it breaks it down to 70s on every other page
and down to the 20s on every page. have never tried to play with it. i mean what its the point this happening on the settings page.

I believe the Vsync synchronises the FPS to the refresh rate of your monitor.

Turn it off and it will allow you to run at higher FPS rates if your system can manage it.

#98 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:08 PM

There are 2 holes that get down below 20 fps on the tee shots....hole 1 and 3 which look in a direction that has the most planting.

Gonna play around with it and thin it out.

Ive noticed that bringing down the tree quality gets the most frame rate. I was gonna bring down the tree quality in unity, but why? It can be done in the game so people with fast machines can enjoy the course in all its glory.

working hard to get that last hole finished so i can release this as an open beta for all to enjoy

Rob
  • Unique and ✠ davef ✠ like this

#99 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:15 PM

You can also remove the colliders from any bushes/shrubs

that are not in play, if there are many you can gain some FPS,

just a thought. 

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#100 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

You can also remove the colliders from any bushes/shrubs
that are not in play, if there are many you can gain some FPS,
just a thought.

Can you do this if they were placed with the mass place tool? Maybe via debug??...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users