#101 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:19 PM

I can't say I agree using Tour Pro. I think the difficulty is set just about right. Any harder and it would be frustrating.

Numbers don't lie. Good RTS-C players hit around 90% fairways. That's too high imo.

#102 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:20 PM

Good RTS-C players hit around 90% fairways. 

Finally some confirmation that "I'm not good"...

#103 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:50 PM

Numbers don't lie. Good RTS-C players hit around 90% fairways. That's too high imo.

Possibly, but I prefer the game the way it is rather than frustratingly difficult.
  • gravedodger likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#104 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:49 PM

Finally some confirmation that "I'm not good"...

Did you misunderstand me here on purpose  ;) ?

I correct myself: The best RTS-C players hit 90% of the fairways. On the hardest difficulty level those players would be my measure stick considering difficulty/realism - if i were a dev. I would not allow those numbers - cause it isn't realistic and it isn't a sim of the game of golf.

#105 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

I correct myself: The best RTS-C players hit 90% of the fairways. On the hardest difficulty level those players would be my measure stick considering difficulty/realism - if i were a dev. I would not allow those numbers - cause it isn't realistic and it isn't a sim of the game of golf.

?  no idea

All I know is that I do not hit 90% of fairways!

Well - I take it back - I probably "hit them", but I sure as hell don't stay on them!

:D

Honestly I think TP RTS-C is really really well tuned right now.

I can't speak to other swings or difficulty levels as I've been on TP RTS-C basically my entire time since RTS-C came out.

#106 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:59 PM

RTS-C is tuned right if your using the right controller and that is a stock XboxOne or PS4 or Elite and if not you will hit 90% fairways and greens all day long with a 3rd party controller.   If there was just a way to make those the only ones allowed there would be no problems at all.

#107 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

RTS-C is tuned right if your using the right controller and that is a stock XboxOne or PS4 or Elite and if not you will hit 90% fairways and greens all day long with a 3rd party controller.   If there was just a way to make those the only ones allowed there would be no problems at all.

Good point - I'd forgotten about that.

I've been really really happy with the latest Rev XB1 controllers with Bluetooth.

Works wired & wirelessly easily on both PC & Mac for me.

#108 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:45 PM

There are a few things in PG that aren't a true reflection of golf I'm afraid. I guess it's done to improve playability for the more casual of players. Perhaps there should be a 'hard core' mode where every aspect of the game is as realistic as possible regardless.
  • erwildcat likes this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#109 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:02 PM

I say this we are way, way off the original topic. :P

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#110 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:03 AM

Us controller players getting a bad name again...tut tut, when i get the chance i will upload a little video i'm making showing how different controllers perform in my hands, i have now had the chance to test DS4, XBOX one controller, steam controller and my regular controller the wireless xbox 360 controller.  The results were pretty much what i thought, the official 360 controller is by far the most difficult to use....BY FAR!!  i always play with the caliber ball using this pad, and with any of the other 3 i can easily jump back to the avant without losing any accuracy.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#111 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

I only see one person here complaining of the controller being too easy, other than different types of controllers.  Whereas if you were to go to the TGC forum most everyone complains of it being too easy. Sure the stats may show that it doesn't play as difficult as real life or other swing types in certain categories. Never will happen without adding some kind of randomness, that I can see. I'm lucky to hit 10-20 % on plane and have been playing this 2-4 hours a day since the controller swing was added.

Every day I still marvel on how well they have done tuning the swing mechanic for the controller. It takes every bit of concentration on every shot without the need for false gimmicks. I would sure hate to see them ruin it for stat sakes.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#112 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:47 PM

I've gotten pretty good at shaping my shots.  If I tried to hit the ball straight I'd never hit a fairway.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#113 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:50 PM

I only see one person here complaining of the controller being too easy, other than different types of controllers. Whereas if you were to go to the TGC forum most everyone complains of it being too easy. Sure the stats may show that it doesn't play as difficult as real life or other swing types in certain categories. Never will happen without adding some kind of randomness, that I can see. I'm lucky to hit 10-20 % on plane and have been playing this 2-4 hours a day since the controller swing was added.

Every day I still marvel on how well they have done tuning the swing mechanic for the controller. It takes every bit of concentration on every shot without the need for false gimmicks. I would sure hate to see them ruin it for stat sakes.

I don't want to ruin anybodys experience at all. Let me say it this way: i am glad that i cannot hit 90% fairways with my swing mechanic. I hover between 65-70 % and a little less than 70% GIR. That's perfectly realistic. And believe me: i probably have to be as concentrated as you have to be.

90% are simply too much. Playing everything from the fairway isn't golf, and one could say that the game fails being a sim in that regard. And of course it is an advantage.

I think that i have it a bit easier with putting. I would like this to be a bit more balanced as well.

#114 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 01:55 PM

I find playing from the fairway (Motion swing) when using soft greens quite difficult. I often purposely aim for the rough so that I can play into a soft green without excessive spin.

#115 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:14 PM

I play 3C at TP level for all event but have been practicing a lot lately with the controller at Pro level with wireless Xbox360 controller and have been getting a lot better but game pretty tough for me with it but I can get it a couple under par but lots of work. Putting is much better than before now that I know how to change the view and my fairways are close to 70% and a little less for greens and I use the caliber ball and for the record that is about my stats for 3C at TP level. Now at TP with a controller I am lost but again that is with a stock controller. All swings have their challenges and not afraid to play against any of them as long as it's with stock equipment. The controller gets a bad wrap due to 3rd party controllers but it is a tough way to play with stock controller.

#116 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

I don't want to ruin anybodys experience at all. Let me say it this way: i am glad that i cannot hit 90% fairways with my swing mechanic. I hover between 65-70 % and a little less than 70% GIR. That's perfectly realistic. And believe me: i probably have to be as concentrated as you have to be.

90% are simply too much. Playing everything from the fairway isn't golf, and one could say that the game fails being a sim in that regard. And of course it is an advantage.

I think that i have it a bit easier with putting. I would like this to be a bit more balanced as well.

Problem with that logic is by increasing the off plane multiplier to bring the FIR % down, would also drop the GIR respectively. They are much smaller targets. So that would put the controller players at a disadvantage in that category as distance control seems to be tougher. Trying to balance stats between swing methods is just not going to work without sacrificing game play. Overall I'm pretty surprised how well they do seem to even out scoring wise.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#117 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:39 PM

Us controller players getting a bad name again...tut tut, when i get the chance i will upload a little video i'm making showing how different controllers perform in my hands, i have now had the chance to test DS4, XBOX one controller, steam controller and my regular controller the wireless xbox 360 controller.  The results were pretty much what i thought, the official 360 controller is by far the most difficult to use....BY FAR!!  i always play with the caliber ball using this pad, and with any of the other 3 i can easily jump back to the avant without losing any accuracy.

Xbox One Elite is more challenging to use in this game.....most sensitive controller on the market.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#118 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:59 PM

I play controller guys all the time, and I find they struggle with their swings. Even top players, that win tournaments have a hard time.

#119 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:00 PM

Problem with that logic is by increasing the off plane multiplier to bring the FIR % down, would also drop the GIR respectively. They are much smaller targets. So that would put the controller players at a disadvantage in that category as distance control seems to be tougher. Trying to balance stats between swing methods is just not going to work without sacrificing game play. Overall I'm pretty surprised how well they do seem to even out scoring wise.

I am sure they could just tweak the penalty for the woods. It seems, statistically, that iron and wedge play is as hard with RTS-C as with any other swing method - very good balance. The woods are the problem, a lot of guys are regularly using driver off the deck. Tweak the woods and the problem would be solved.

#120 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 April 2017 - 03:24 PM

I bet there are no xbox 360 controller players hitting 90% i don't hit 90% using the caliber ball never mind the avant. I think ping zing uses xbox 360 controller he also confirms that its more difficult than xbone, it stands to reason considering the swing was created with 360 pad as its benchmark.

Divot, it matters not how sensitive you think the xbone elite is, the steam controller is super sensitive, yet its quite easy playing tour pro with it. 

Qaaa8vE.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users