• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#81 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:24 PM

I found on YouTube a video showing what I mean when I say it's two clicks. I add that in Perfect Golf over this old version of Tiger Wood is that in PG you can "work" on the ball not only with more or less spin...

https://youtu.be/v9sZlfwnI_8

#82 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 09:48 PM

I'm not sure, but I think he just wants to start the swing with a click and set the power with a click.  No snap.  At least that's what I took from that video.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#83 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:46 AM

WTF?  Might as well just point to where you want the ball to go and the hit the "swing" button.

• axe360 and erwildcat like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#84 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:50 AM

WTF?  Might as well just point to where you want the ball to go and the hit the "swing" button.

I was thinking about just a "Put ball in hole" button.

• axe360, erwildcat and mebby like this

#85 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:07 AM

That would make for some quick rounds and great scores!
  • mebby likes this

#86 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

Two clicks i.e. Click to start and hold, release when correct power is attained and click again at the snap.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#87 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:23 PM

So you complicate the game, after you can not finish -36 as you do now.

#88 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:34 PM

So you complicate the game, after you can not finish -36 as you do now.

Isn't hitting a ball straight kind of a skill? If you have no snap every shot will go dead straight. Really?

#89 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Isn't hitting a ball straight kind of a skill? If you have no snap every shot will go dead straight. Really?

See my post above frank70. There is still a snap click.
WWG1WGA

#90 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:39 PM

Yes, (in the absence of wind), always go straight.

But if you want to spin the ball with PG you can have the effect/fade, while in that old Tiger Wood, with that shooting mode you could not.

#91 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:45 PM

See my post above frank70. There is still a snap click.

I read your post, the solution that you propose is also good, it is the same as in WGT.

#92 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:10 PM

But if you want to spin the ball with PG you can have the effect/fade, while in that old Tiger Wood, with that shooting mode you could not.

Why would you want a swing method where every shot goes straight automatically?

#93 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:47 PM

I don't really understand why you would want this feature. I thought you were just trying to explain the 2 click method that I've outlined above.

WWG1WGA

#94 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Why would you want a swing method where every shot goes straight automatically?

I play with the gamepad in RTS mode as being more realistic. I always go straight, but I turn the ball when I think it's time to turn it around. I do not understand why in 3-click mode, to go straight I have to center a small line with a cursor traveling at an exaggerated speed, and if not the center line I go between the trees or out of bounds. Why?

#95 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

LOL, yes, perfectly straight shots are more realistic.

#96 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:25 PM

I also use a (PS4) controller/gamepad with RTS. I have my player set to 'Tour Pro' which gives a very realistic and rewarding game. If you want every shot to go straight I suggest you play TGC. :o

WWG1WGA

#97 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:34 PM

I play with the gamepad in RTS mode as being more realistic. I always go straight, but I turn the ball when I think it's time to turn it around.

If you are always hitting straight on gamepad then you are either playing on an easy level or you have a gamepad with a large dead zone that is giving you an unrealistic experience. It is actually really hard to hit straight on a 'good' gamepad on the harder difficulty levels.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#98 frank70

frank70

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

If you are always hitting straight on gamepad then you are either playing on an easy level or you have a gamepad with a large dead zone that is giving you an unrealistic experience. It is actually really hard to hit straight on a 'good' gamepad on the harder difficulty levels.

It's not that difficult to drive it straight. I have around 700 hours using RTS-M under my belt.... and around 20 hours with an xbox controller.

And i hit more fairways with the controller. It's one of the biggest gameplay-weaknesses left: Driving with RTS-C is way too easy, a lot of players hit driver from the fairway regularly. And since the last big update this holds true (to a lesser extent) for 3-click as well. The long game is hardest with RTS-M. Putting is a bit easier, but all in all it is easier to be competitive using a controller. Golf is rather easy when you hit 13 of 14 fairways - which is rather common for good RTS-C players.
  • Ted_Ball likes this

#99 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:04 PM

It's not that difficult to drive it straight. I have around 700 hours using RTS-M under my belt.... and around 20 hours with an xbox controller.

And i hit more fairways with the controller. It's one of the biggest gameplay-weaknesses left: Driving with RTS-C is way too easy, a lot of players hit driver from the fairway regularly. And since the last big update this holds true (to a lesser extent) for 3-click as well. The long game is hardest with RTS-M. Putting is a bit easier, but all in all it is easier to be competitive using a controller. Golf is rather easy when you hit 13 of 14 fairways - which is rather common for good RTS-C players.

I can't say I agree using Tour Pro. I think the difficulty is set just about right. Any harder and it would be frustrating.

WWG1WGA

#100 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:07 PM

LOL, yes, perfectly straight shots are more realistic.

Master when I will not have to stay on the farways to get to the green, call it to teach me how to go wrong

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users