122 replies to this topic

#41 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:13 PM

looks like the crappy WGT meter
i would change swing methods, rather use that one.
pass

Davefv92c the Wgt photo is just to show the bar under feet as I said yesterday. Dave if games on WGT tell me your nickname that will add to the friends list.

#42 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 09:51 PM

Don't think Raffia is asking for standard 3C meter to be replaced, just possibility of a horizontal bar being added.
If PP did add one as an option, don't think you would have to use it.

I like JNPG, do not like I would not have bought. But JNPG is still new as a game, and I think the first that can make a contribution we are players. I did not ask to change anything. I only said that a bar below your feet would be more convenient for those who play in mode 3 clicks of the semi circle speedmeter style ... that's all.

#43 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:32 PM

I like JNPG, do not like I would not have bought. But JNPG is still new as a game, and I think the first that can make a contribution we are players. I did not ask to change anything. I only said that a bar below your feet would be more convenient for those who play in mode 3 clicks of the semi circle speedmeter style ... that's all.

have not played at WGT  since 2013.

i agree the  option would be ok .

as for this being a new game , not, a lot of us have been 

here a couple years now

came online around mid to late 2014

if remember correctly .

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#44 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:02 PM

Well options are a good thing.  That said, how many 3 click swing meters does one golf game need. 

I mean really!  JNPG has two 3 click swing meters now.  I suppose a 3rd one would be ok. But why add a 3rd swing to 3 click to mimic another game.  Is it really a good thing?  I'm not sure!~  Seems a line in the sand has to be drawn sometimes.

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#45 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 12:45 PM

I'd rather see the swing meter we have, more reliable. The slide after you click sometimes has been driving my brother crazy recently. Doesn't affect me quite so much as my clicking is terrible anyway!  :lol:

• erwildcat likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#46 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:38 PM

Dennis,

PP haven't confirmed they are adding a 3rd option. It is a request by a community member that's all.

Think you're getting yourself all out of shape over something that hasn't even been confirmed as in development, lol.

#47 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:27 PM

the only real change i would like to see done to the meter we have now 

would be the ability to move it to where we wanted to on the screen, and maybe smaller 

but then again i only play the game on either a 43 or 65'' screen. 

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#48 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:44 PM

They meter feels a bit big to me too, I sometimes find my eyes shifting between the colour bar and the snapline as if I can't get the whole picture in one glance. :blink:

Would love to adjust the meter speed upwards even if it's via the console. I don't think anyone would consider it a cheat if you prefer a faster meter.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#49 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:09 PM

Well options are a good thing.  That said, how many 3 click swing meters does one golf game need. 

I mean really!  JNPG has two 3 click swing meters now.  I suppose a 3rd one would be ok. But why add a 3rd swing to 3 click to mimic another game.  Is it really a good thing?  I'm not sure!~  Seems a line in the sand has to be drawn sometimes.

I also think that three are too many clicks. Two clicks are enough.

• highfade likes this

#50 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 03:58 PM

2 click is just to easy , along with changing the speed 

would open a big can of worms. 

just not worth it.

Klipsch Sound System

#51 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

Why is 2C too easy?

Click and hold mouse button and backswing starts.
Release mouse button to set power.
Click again to hit snap.

2C swing just like it was in Links. The only difference to 3C is that you don't let go of the mouse button when you have imitated the swing.

Curious to see reasons it is too easy.
  • fungolfer likes this

#52 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:06 PM

Not a matter of being too easy at all.  I used 2C in Links and it's all about timing again.  A rumor started long ago that people could simply aim to the left or right of their target and simply not click at the Snap (6 o'clock) which supposedly meant they could be more accurate than a 3C back in those days.  That's was just a silly rumor.

In the Wing Bank/Microsoft sponsored tournaments for $150,000 (USD) we all were clickers, either 2C or 3C.  No mouse-movement swings were allowed in 2000 and 2001 for these tournaments.  Microsoft was very aware of the Edging and Driver configuration exploiters and only allowed "mouse clicking" in those tournaments.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#53 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 05:07 PM

Why is 2C too easy?

Click and hold mouse button and backswing starts.
Release mouse button to set power.
Click again to hit snap.

What if the meter stutters while you're holding it though?

Oh sh*t...

What the hell am I doing

(leaves thread...)

#54 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 March 2017 - 06:22 PM

To paraphrase a line from Blazing Saddles "Meters? We don't need no stinkin' meters". Tie 3-click to the animation. Click to start swing, watch ani to set power, click when.club reaches ball. B-)
  • axe360 and ✠ davef ✠ like this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#55 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:31 PM

To paraphrase a line from Blazing Saddles "Meters? We don't need no stinkin' meters". Tie 3-click to the animation. Click to start swing, watch ani to set power, click when.club reaches ball. B-)

Sorry but you with 3 clicks your shot will do it this way? Or it is as you would like it to be?

#56 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:38 PM

Not a matter of being too easy at all.  I used 2C in Links and it's all about timing again.  A rumor started long ago that people could simply aim to the left or right of their target and simply not click at the Snap (6 o'clock) which supposedly meant they could be more accurate than a 3C back in those days.  That's was just a silly rumor.

In the Wing Bank/Microsoft sponsored tournaments for $150,000 (USD) we all were clickers, either 2C or 3C.  No mouse-movement swings were allowed in 2000 and 2001 for these tournaments.  Microsoft was very aware of the Edging and Drive configuration exploiters and only allowed "mouse clicking" in those tournaments.

I didn't say it was, Davefv92c implied that it was...

2 click is just to easy , along with changing the speed 

would open a big can of worms. 

just not worth it.

So I was asking why.

#57 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:39 PM

What if the meter stutters while you're holding it though?

Oh sh*t...

What the hell am I doing

(leaves thread...)

As long as you keep the button pressed you cope with it like a 3C player.

:D

#58 IlRaffa65

IlRaffa65

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:54 PM

It is a mistake to think that with two clicks is easier, or a game of golf is a great if it is difficult to play. I would like to see the person who wrote leave the thread play with two clicks if he does so easily.

#59 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:57 PM

Golfstar had this type of swing..but it showed how much power was being used tho ..to this day it is the hardest swing I've ever played to time to hit the ball..but I didn't like the tricked out courses..shame that game had to go away

#60 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 29 March 2017 - 08:10 PM

Sorry but you with 3 clicks your shot will do it this way? Or it is as you would like it to be?

No, it is not this way....but it could be. :D   I play RTS-M which has no meter.  Can't see why not for 3-click as well.  Would bring it closer to what a golf swing is actually like, though the muggles might object.   ;)

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users