83 replies to this topic

#61 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:49 PM

Just imagine if law enforcement was able to redirect all the resources they are using to bust cannabis possession towards the opioid epidemic

The problem here is the conflict of interest I'd hinted at early in the thread...

The pharmaceutical companies sort of "love" having excessive usage of their products in the mix here.

Additionally, I fully expect that there are invisible hands from that industry, as there always have been, pushing against Marijuana as they know full well it can perform as well if not better at helping many patients who currently are on the hook using their side effect laden drugs instead.

• MERACE likes this

#62 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:02 PM

I'm personally very pleased this has been left, in America, for the citizens of states to decide on their own.

That is what the country is supposed to be about - People deciding through a democratic process what they want to do and how they want to live, regionally.

Some people are forgetting that all this "security, safety and standing up for American values" is supposed to be for a purpose..

..the ability to actually exercise those rights.

• MERACE and Drgnslyr221 like this

#63 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

The problem here is the conflict of interest I'd hinted at early in the thread...

The pharmaceutical companies sort of "love" having excessive usage of their products in the mix here.

Additionally, I fully expect that there are invisible hands from that industry, as there always have been, pushing against Marijuana as they know full well it can perform as well if not better at helping many patients who currently are on the hook using their side effect laden drugs instead.

I could off on a tangent on why it's not legal yet, lol. Opioid use has gone down in legal states. Even a 3% decrease in sales can cost them billions. I only take pharmaceutical when cannabis doesn't work. If I was forced to quit I would be back to spending $100 a month even with great insurance. That adds up.

#64 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

West Virginia just officially legalized medical. That's 29 states now. I dare the current administration to go after medical cannabis. I triple dog dare you! Actually I want them to. They will be sued within ten minutes and maybe we can take care of this bullshit on the federal level and 2018 and 2020 will be a slaughter. You can't go against over 80% of the population (medical).

#65 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:21 PM

I am opposed to forum discussions on the use of mind altering drugs.

It's a plague on every nation that has to deal with it, destroying lives. Not funny.

I don't know of any "high blood pressure" meds that are mind altering in nature, simultaneously used by others in the population strictly for that purpose.

Nice try at deflecting ... well, not really.

I'm not surprised Drgnslyr is the pro-recreational drug advocate. Maintain clarity baby! I'm going to have another stupor free day for you tonight Drgnslyr. I'm sorry you're upset someone, somewhere is speaking more truthful than you.

Red Diaper Doper Babies, sad ...

Step away from the glue.

#66 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:38 PM

dude if ya think weed is going to save the ***** you are sadly

mistaken, think again this is a big money industry.

right up you know who's alley , you think this guy is going to let all

that tax revenue that the government can be making get away.

i doubt, only time will tell

• Fairwayman likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#67 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:55 PM

dude if ya think weed is going to save the ***** you are sadly
mistaken, think again this is a big money industry.
right up you know who's alley , you think this guy is going to let all
that tax revenue that the government can be making get away.
i doubt, only time will tell

I sincerely hope you are right.

#68 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 05:11 PM

Just noticed the date!
:-)

Wonderful!
  • Fairwayman, Mulligan and NateDogg like this

#69 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:03 PM

From Scientific American regarding the very flawed listing of Marijuana as a Schedule 1 drug still

(which prevents further research)

"A Doctor's Take on Pot"

https://blogs.scient...-s-take-on-pot/

"During my medical training, I've learned which substances to worry about, and which ones matter less.
Alcohol is usually the first substance I ask about."

"But, for most health care providers, marijuana is an afterthought.
We don't see cannabis overdoses. We don't order scans for cannabis-related brain abscesses. We don't treat cannabis-induced heart attacks. In medicine, marijuana use is often seen on par with tobacco or caffeine consumption—something we counsel patients about stopping or limiting, but nothing urgent to treat or immediately life-threatening."

"The notion that marijuana is more dangerous or prone to abuse than alcohol (not scheduled), cocaine (Schedule II), methamphetamine (Schedule II), or prescription opioids (Schedules II, III, and IV) doesn't reflect what we see in clinical medicine."

"In hospitals across the country, patients writhe in agony from alcohol withdrawal, turn violent from crystal meth, and struggle to breathe after overdosing on prescription opioids. These are the cases that keep health care providers on edge.

..With marijuana? Not so much."

• Fairwayman and NateDogg like this

#70 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

I'd rather deal with a junkie than a violent alcoholic. I had a drunk guy attack me at a concert because i tried to help him up after falling over drunk. He was so piss drink he missed me by a foot. I just walked away. Have you every tried driving near a beer festival when it lets out? It's like driving through a frat party.
  • Fairwayman and NateDogg like this

#71 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:10 PM

All I know is, I don't tell any doctor that I have or ever have tried marijuana anymore.  I let it slip one time that I'd tried it for pain relief as I was tired of the constant constipation from the opioids I was prescribed and you would have thought I had grown horns on my head and had a spiked tail.  I was sent to a pain clinic, denied my pain pills and had to piss clean before I could get new pain pills.  MF'ing gestapo. In the land of the free to boot.  All because my arthritis was killing me.

• Fairwayman, Drgnslyr221 and NateDogg like this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#72 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:13 PM

Did they really test you for a drug you can't possibly die from so they can give you one of the most dangerous drugs on the planet? Pardon my French, but what the heck That is severely messed up.

#73 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 07:41 PM

https://www.youtube....h?v=AKXN6Vdr3g0

#74 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:24 PM

Did they really test you for a drug you can't possibly die from so they can give you one of the most dangerous drugs on the planet? Pardon my French, but what the fuck! That is severely messed up.

Yes.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#75 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:53 PM

Yes.

I can't possibly facepalm hard enough.

#76 NateDogg

NateDogg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • LocationBrant Lake, NY

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:14 AM

It's been shown to help autistic people like me with anxiety issues and indeed has in the past, but they'd rather jam dangerous benzos down our throats. Those are as addictive as opiates and many people have OD'd on them, they turn people into zombies, and they are an absolute nightmare to stop. And like alcohol, if not withdrawn properly (and most doctors don't have a clue) can also lead to death. But hey, it's easier for them to keep us sick and let us die, as long as it makes them the big bucks. What a racket...

• Drgnslyr221 likes this

It takes a lot of balls to golf like I do!

#77 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:21 AM

The Denver police wished everyone a happy 4/20 today. How awesome is that?
  • Fairwayman likes this

#78 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:28 AM

Have you seen the sorry cannabis the grow at MSU where the government exclusively gets their cannabis to test? It's garbage and you couldn't pay me to smoke it. I don't believe that's an accident.

#79 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 21 April 2017 - 12:43 AM

governmentweedheader-1038x545.png

• Fairwayman likes this

#80 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac