#2 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:18 PM

1.) Just an update of where things stand with the Recorded Rounds Database [10June17]:

1. 16 Members have contributed rounds
  2. Of the 106 Real courses - we have 177 Recorded rounds [34% LOW   47% MED   19% HGH];   28 courses with no recording.
  3. Of the 91 Fictional courses - we have 44 Recorded rounds [55% LOW   30% MED   15% HGH];   56 courses with no recording.
  4.  Two "Post a Score" Tournaments - The Australian Open and the South African Open.

I'll try to do an update every month or so.

I've also added 3 columns to the spreadsheet (at MEGA) to keep track of rounds played at each course.  Help yourself to a copy.

2). Update #2 of where things stand with the Recorded Rounds Database [1July17]:

1. 17 Members have contributed rounds
  2. Of the 115 Real courses - we have 202 Recorded rounds [32% LOW   52% MED   16% HGH];   25 courses with no recording.
  3. Of the 93 Fictional courses - we have 51 Recorded rounds [53% LOW   33% MED   14% HGH];   53 courses with no recording.
  4.  Two "Post a Score" Tournaments - The Australian Open and the South African Open. (no additions this month).
  5. UpIoaded the latest Course Directory spreadsheet (help youself).
  6. added a new folder - Golf Library.  This is my collection of ~24 journal articles on golf physics (help yourself).
  7. Inside the Golf Library, started spreadsheet for Historical PGA, LPGA, and Champs Tour stats dating back to 1980 (Trackman like data).  It's a WIP, but help yourself.
  8. Back-up of Recorded Rounds database done.

3). Update #3 of where things stand with the Recorded Rounds Database [1August17]:

1. 17 Members have contributed rounds
  2. Of the 119 Real courses - we have 232 Recorded rounds [33% LOW   54% MED   14% HGH];   7 courses with no recording.
  3. Of the 100 Fictional courses - we have 57 Recorded rounds [53% LOW   35% MED   12% HGH];   55 courses with no recording.
  4.  Two "Post a Score" Tournaments - The Australian Open and the South African Open. (no additions this month).
  5. UpIoaded the latest Course Directory spreadsheet (help youself).
  6. folder - Golf Library.  This is my collection of ~24 journal articles on golf physics (help yourself).
  7. Inside the Golf Library, started spreadsheet for Historical PGA, LPGA, and Champs Tour stats dating back to 1980 (Trackman like data).  It's a WIP, but help yourself.
  8. Back-up of Recorded Rounds database done.

Edited by jmk59, 02 August 2017 - 12:39 AM.

• ✠ davef ✠, bortimus and Ted_Ball like this

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:19 AM

sure is getting populated with recorded rounds. this is the best part of this of this game

due to the time it takes to play MP i just played a round with 1 guy 9 holes and it took 45 minutes

this was with a player who has been here since the start. simultaneously playing MP like they had on TWO

would be a big plus with the MP here. the recorded rounds will work for now.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 03 May 2017 - 12:25 AM

Dave,

I was doing some "uploadling-of-scores" last night, along with moving some of Bortimus' files to Course folders.

I'm playing some of Affo's rounds so I can add the LOW / MED  / HGH prefix to each.

I've also got about a dozen more rounds of my own to upload.

NOW ALL WE NEED IS FOR SOME OTHER FOLKS TO START ADDING TO THE DATABASE.

JMK59

• ✠ davef ✠ and Ted_Ball like this

#5 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

I played an Affo round and recorded it. When I looked at that round only me as a player was present. Affo's player wasn't there. Is this the norm ?

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#6 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:16 AM

I played an Affo round and recorded it. When I looked at that round only me as a player was present. Affo's player wasn't there. Is this the norm ?

i think there are a bunch of bugs in the RRs lots of errors im seeing

yesterday i started one of the JMK rounds and no other golfer showed up played a couple holes

and wondered whats the point.

so i restarted it and was there then. a few times after putting out it has put me in the 

tee box then blinked me back to the hole where my drive is then made from the hole looks to

be teed up in the cup.lol this has happened on multi courses for me.

reason why i don't log them in the bug forum is i feel there is much more important stuff

for these guys to be working on.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#7 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

clubcaptain,

The "norm" for me when I try to record myself playing a Recorded Round - I don't get any saved file of either myself (alone), or the two of us playing.  Nothing!  Would be a nice feature to have playback of both of us.

JMK59

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

kind of wondering if my weather settings would be the same for others

playing the round. i keep real weather set for my area and it has been raining on and off

and when i started the round out the winds where between 10/15 mph around 10 the wind went near dead i looked outside

and it had stopped here to it is the round in the Chickadee GC folder

if anyone wants to give it a test.

Klipsch Sound System

#9 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 09 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Recorded rounds are now grouped by Geographic Region.

JMK59

#10 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

A new spreadsheet ( PG_Course_Directory.xlsx ) with all courses-to-date has been uploaded to MEGA (see login at top).

Info includes world location, link to actual course site, and city / zip code / gps (for weather input).  Help yourself to the download.

Grab a Recorded Round (or two).          LOW = -5 or lower          MED = -4 to +4          HGH = +5 or higher.

Return the favor - upload some of your own Recorded Rounds.

JMK59

• Ted_Ball likes this

#11 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:49 AM

I've made a folder called JNPG/RR Australian Open - (visible scores) if anyone was interested in a casual comp.

I've played JMK59's recorded round at Royal Melbourne and put my recording in the main database but copied it to the above folder renaming it with my score and my name. I also put J's in as a scored round.

The list of scores becomes a leaderboard. Therefore, to play one of those scored recordings, pick a score that would make your match competitive. Feel free to drop a solo round in that folder as well.

#12 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Just a reminder for anyone interested in playing and adding recordings - you can record your round while you are playing against a recording. 

You can play at any skill level from Beginner to Tour Pro. Your level is something we don't need to know. 

#13 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:07 AM

Is this something new after the latest update?  Previously I couldn't record my round while I was playing a recording.

If we can now do this - thank you PP.

JMk59

#14 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 03:13 AM

Yeah it seems to have come good.

#15 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:39 AM

No it doesn't seem to have come good at all. You can't seem to record while playing a recording.

That's it. I give up.

See you after the next update (unless it's only some lame AI fix again).

Get your act together PP

#16 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:53 AM

Ted,

I think this works if you wait 10-15 seconds after the round - don't hit the END GAME button too soon.  Didn't work for me last night (vs Daves round); did work tonight against your "77" round.  Maybe Dave's round is corrupt??

John

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:35 AM

Ted,

I think this works if you wait 10-15 seconds after the round - don't hit the END GAME button too soon.  Didn't work for me last night (vs Daves round); did work tonight against your "77" round.  Maybe Dave's round is corrupt??

John

yes i think the end game button may be the key here, however i will run my round and see if it works on my end.

i think i will run it in Pro this time, trying to figure out if the only difference between pro and tp is the mode of aiming

i really don't see any other then that. my pro scores run right around the same as my tp.

Update: round and recording works fine for me. pretty much seems the aiming is the only thing different as far

as i can tell

tell me if you lock the settings will anyone playing that round have to play by your settings?

Klipsch Sound System

#18 StoneComet

StoneComet

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

Hi Dave,

If you want anyone to be able to play your recordings at either any tee and/or any difficulty you simply set those two settings on ANY and then lock all the other settings so you assure yourself everyone is playing the same stimp or firmness settings. As well as mulligan and gimme type options.

If you lock the tees on ANY make sure your personal preference is set properly before beginning the round and anyone that wants to play the same tees has to select "Match Tees" to get that result. Maybe something in the nomenclature for recordings could tip off players if they should "Match Tees" if they want the same tees as the recording. I know you guys are working on some naming conventions so maybe just throwing in a capital T in there would alert people to match tees if they want to do that.

I think that is what your asking.

Pro - Tour Pro. The difference for ME using RTSH between Pro and Tour Pro are somewhat significant. Basically my take is that if your a pretty good player that does not make many swing mistakes then there will be little apparent differences other than the aiming restrictions. However, any mistake that you do make in TP will be more exaggerated than the same mistake in Pro. So as I'm saying, if your pretty good you'll only notice it occasionally on big errors and if you have good recovery skills then those rare mistakes will not affect your average score much.

Cheers,

SC  B)

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

- We would be wise to remember that extremism is the real enemy and to keep ourselves aware so as not to become extreme ourselves; otherwise the enemy wins. -

#19 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:36 PM

i think i will run it in Pro this time, trying to figure out if the only difference between pro and tp is the mode of aiming

i really don't see any other then that. my pro scores run right around the same as my tp.

If you can't tell the difference between pro and tour pro then you are probably playing with a controller and it has a dead zone.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:54 PM

i use both mouse and controller bout 50/50 and i guess i just don't see it

both are the same

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users