#101 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 August 2017 - 01:39 AM

What is the best way to find the latest rounds that have been submitted?

erwildcat,

There really isn't a good way to search by upload date.  Some of the newer rounds get dumped into the folder called Put Rounds Here If You Want Me to Move Them.  I usually move them to their folder within a day or two.  The site is kind of do it yourself in that once someone figures out where a recorded round belong, they just move the file themselves.

When you first log onto the site, there is a spreadsheet called PG_Course_Directory that I update often.  Inside is a list of all Perfect Golf courses, and the number and score type of the Recorded rounds at that course (far right columns).

John

#102 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 05 August 2017 - 09:34 AM

Thanks John

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#103 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

I've added eight more rounds to the collection (all in the "file it for me" directory) and all of the "HGH" category.  I got close to "MED" on one or two of the rounds, so I have some hope to break par one day.  :)

There are two rounds at Mistmoor; I played poorly the first go around (FPS was between 10-15), so I gave it another go after the computer was done processing a video ... lesson learned: don't play while re-encoding videos!  

#104 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 06 August 2017 - 10:38 AM

i think i saw a request for the newer courses.

maybe you could add a folder for recorded rounds

of courses still in beta rather then having to keep changing things throughout.

i will gladly add to this folder. sometimes i wait a while before i make a recording of a course due to the beta status and

upcoming upgrades. seems some of these guys change their courses as much as i do my avatar.

the newest is Max my Soloman Island Eclectus Parrot. JMK you may see these in the wild where you are from. one of my dream Parrots is the Ausie King Parrot, very $$$$ over here and not many breeders.

sorry JMK i had you confused with the aussie guy that uses JM i think as a handle. whoops

back to the bong.lol  jt83 thats his screen name

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#105 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 11:46 AM

i put 3 files in the to be placed folder, new courses.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#106 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 12:34 PM

I want to thank everyone for contributing their recorded rounds. Someday I may be good enough to offer some of my own, but I like to play much differently than most of you guys-i.e. no grid ever and unlimited mulligans due to the persistent flaws in the game. As far as being able to find the new rounds without having to go through every folder, would it be practical to add a "New Rounds" folder and make a copy of each newly-posted round to be left in there for a few weeks? That way you could still put the round into its permanent folder as well. Or would that take up too much bandwidth? Thanks again.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#107 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 06 August 2017 - 02:47 PM

Hi guys.  Let me ponder on this awhile.  Sounds like we want 2 new things.

1) A new folder with courses that are still in Beta. Might have to get the designers approval to start "playing" versions that he / she is still tinkering with.

2) A New Courses (this Months releases) folder for new release.  Duplicate entries in the appropriate Real / Fictional folders.  Since I post updates on the 1st of the month, a monthy folder makes this easier for me.

As with the rest of our MEGA site, its mostly self serve.  Once I set up the folders, and everyone figures our the idea, the 20 or so user base can upload files as needed (Dave, you may have to be in charge of scouring the internet for Betas).

I'll set it up tonight.  I'm off to cut down some dead trees (hope not to lose any fingers).

edit: I started early.  Two folders were added.  I'll start to populate later, unless anyone wants to jump in with Betas.

• ✠ davef ✠ and erwildcat like this

#108 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 06 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

Sounds great!

#109 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

large upload i uploaded 165 files into the to be placed folder

JMK some of these could be other betas,also these are fresh that

i have not uploaded. they are mostly PRO some TP and some TPC

i will try and collect up betas when they come out but that is very limited as im not

a tester of anything anywhere. was at OGT at one time but since i would not repost the same issues that where already being posted vance booted me thinking i was not doing any testing. i just could not see to keep drilling the same new designers with the same issues that had been posted. oh well thats how life goes.

Klipsch Sound System

#110 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 07 August 2017 - 02:29 PM

Hilton released a new version of Cape Kidnappers which is here

http://www.dropbox.c... v4 -1.zip?dl=0

i also uploaded a recorded round.

you know his courses are getting better and better if ya read this Hilton thanks

i can't log on the the depository to say that so i will do it here.

Port Wenn is also a new updated round.

ValHalla is also the new updated version

Klipsch Sound System

#111 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 07 August 2017 - 11:50 PM

OK, so I added some new folders - 1) "New Recorded Rounds (August)", 2) "Beta Course Recordings", and 3) a new name for the Drop Files Here folder.  I think I'm up to date (7 August) on all of the courses, except some of the newer Betas.

Drop all recordings in the new "Drop" folder - I'll move them so I can keep track of this months additions.  Large numbers of additions should create a new folder (within the Drop).

Dave - I appreciate all 160 recorded rounds, bud!  However, your naming convention doesn't fit with the intent of the site (no scores, no difficulty level in the name).  I started renaming these myself, one alphabet letter at a time, but I screwed up the very first batch and deleted the "A's".  If you re-upload (as before), we could both go through and change the labels twice as fast.  I'll start with the Z's, and you start with the A's.  Meet you at the middle.

John

#112 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:10 AM

i will catch them some later tonight sleeping disorders ya know so i clock out bout now and will be back in a few hours

sorry i have not started and i guess i should have told you i would rename during the night.

Klipsch Sound System

#113 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:14 AM

yo just toss that folder copying and renaminmg and will upload again

after named.

Klipsch Sound System

#114 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:21 AM

OK, so I added some new folders - 1) "New Recorded Rounds (August)", 2) "Beta Course Recordings", and 3) a new name for the Drop Files Here folder.  I think I'm up to date (7 August) on all of the courses, except some of the newer Betas.

Drop all recordings in the new "Drop" folder - I'll move them so I can keep track of this months additions.  Large numbers of additions should create a new folder (within the Drop).

Dave - I appreciate all 160 recorded rounds, bud!  However, your naming convention doesn't fit with the intent of the site (no scores, no difficulty level in the name).  I started renaming these myself, one alphabet letter at a time, but I screwed up the very first batch and deleted the "A's".  If you re-upload (as before), we could both go through and change the labels twice as fast.  I'll start with the Z's, and you start with the A's.  Meet you at the middle.

John

John, all of my rounds (the HGH ones) were played at Tour Pro.  I couldn't remember how to name them, so downloaded the readme first file to refresh memory.  It didn't specify to add the level played at, so I didn't include the level they were played at. 

#115 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 12:37 AM

john i have removed the big folder i renamed the As and returned them to the to be placed folder.

i will slow my roll down just a little.lol and send them a few at a time.

Klipsch Sound System

#116 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:11 AM

Armand - you are correct in your naming convention.

Dave - if you want some help renaming file let me know.

#117 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 08 August 2017 - 07:25 AM

i got em John, this makes it hard to keep up with the new stuff

another version of Cape Kidnappers went up a few hours ago.

here is the new link to the new version.

http://www.dropbox.c... v4 -2.zip?dl=0

so i guess you can file the other in old stock,and i will get you a fresh one up later

Klipsch Sound System

#118 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 08 August 2017 - 01:24 PM

Dave,

I think that's going to be the nature of the BETA folder - constant changes, deletes, and updates.  We could keep it around for a month and see how useful it is, then decide what to do with it.

All of the courses over at JNPG-Course-Depository, I consider these as Released as per their site list.  Only the Strand is under Beta because it just came out.

John

#119 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 09:50 AM

weather we see it here or not, it is great to see the amount of 

rounds people have kept that are on my friends list, somehow my profile got changed to private

i put it back to public and damn i bet i have 40 rounds to choose from to play.

thanks everyone

Klipsch Sound System

#120 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 02:45 PM

wondering if and when this goes to PG2 will these recordings be playable, i really kind of doubt it myself.

i have gotten off into some MP and i have enjoyed that along with signing up at PGLS so i got a bunch of tourney rounds to play each

so the boredom is over. will still be posting new courses here when they come out.

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users