#141 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 04 March 2018 - 08:53 PM

Excellent J. I might even try 3Clicking for my sanity.

Looking forward to that one.

#142 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:49 AM

I thought you read the greens quite well J. I consider those greens tough for Naked putting. I had 32 putts. 

#143 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 March 2018 - 02:53 AM

I got better as I went along.  Sure missed a lot of 10 footers.

The blind T-shots and approaches would really throw some caution into the club selection on a tighter course.

Record a new one, I'll go "naked" again.

#144 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:23 AM

Did you mean a new one at Kingston Heath? Thanks Matthew  for KH by the way. 

I was going to do a Bonneville one in the mean time to keep an Australian theme going but I just went to OGT to check the version and it has disappeared, damn it. Do you have it J?

#145 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 March 2018 - 03:53 AM

I have it as an Alpha.  Uploaded to MEGA.

#146 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 04:34 AM

Ah yeah. I had the alpha. Unique hosted it privately I see. It is very playable Unique and looks great.

I'll get a bit of practice in and record it. Should be fun for a Naked novice. hehe

#147 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 05 March 2018 - 06:25 PM

I left you a round at Bonville.  I only used the arrow keys to aim (believe-it-or-not).  Blind T-shot only got me once, at #15; also watch out for water on #1.  The game didn't count my penalty on #15, so I'm one stroke more.  Took 29 putts.  Most of the greens slope back-to-front, and left-to-right.  Good luck.

Also...nice photo-chop on the avatar.  When the two of you are posting in the same thread, do we refer to you guys as   "the men in black (suits)"?

• Ted_Ball likes this

#148 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 15 March 2018 - 06:07 AM

If anyone is still interested in a Majors only kind of career mode, I just updated some of my progress to the Mega site.  It's in the Golf Library / 60 Years of the Grand Slam folder.  I think I'll use this "sticky" as my progress thread since the other one has dropped of the page (no interest?).

#149 ZenHogan

ZenHogan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 02:32 AM

I just uploaded the following recordings :

MED -  Carroch Loch

Cypress Point

Florida Glades

Pine Valley

Royal Troon

Shinnecock Hills

Spyglass Hill

St. Enodoc

The National Golf Links of America

LOW - Shadow Creek

All rounds played with RTS-C (XB1 Elite) at pro level....I am relatively new to JNPG (about 180 hrs. currently), starting to get a better handle on it, so these rounds are not great, but they're not completely embarasing either...hopefully you more experienced guys enjoy beating me!... :P

#150 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:12 AM

ZenHogan - good to have you here adding to the Recorded Rounds.  Have you tried playing against any of the other rounds in the database?  There is no embarrassing yourself, here.  Some of the High rounds go up to +20 over par, so its you against the course!

John

• ZenHogan likes this

#151 erwildcat

erwildcat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationPiedmont North Carolina

Posted 26 March 2018 - 03:52 AM

I just uploaded the following recordings :

MED -  Carroch Loch

Cypress Point

Florida Glades

Pine Valley

Royal Troon

Shinnecock Hills

Spyglass Hill

St. Enodoc

The National Golf Links of America

LOW - Shadow Creek

All rounds played with RTS-C (XB1 Elite) at pro level....I am relatively new to JNPG (about 180 hrs. currently), starting to get a better handle on it, so these rounds are not great, but they're not completely embarasing either...hopefully you more experienced guys enjoy beating me!... :P

Thank you so much for sharing your rounds. You've got some of my favorite courses there and I'm sure I will enjoy the rest of them as well.

• ZenHogan likes this

ASUS Microsoft Windows 11 Home, AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor, 3600 Mhz, 6 Core(s),  (RAM) 16.0 GB

#152 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

I'll play your recordings as well Zen. Should be fun.

Guys...I've been trying to get a personal career thingy going at Augusta. I have made players based on the great champions (even clothing them as authentically as I can). I've had to reduce myself to Hacker level to make the scores authentic. With Hacker I can swing at 122% and still hit reasonably straight. My scoring is still very average. I am trying to get four rounds done just playing against myself but as each champion. The trouble is not every round takes. Bloody annoying. Lee Trevino shot a 66 but it was lost. The more you play at Augusta the better your course management there.

Anyway if anyone was interested in playing as a champ I'll get a folder organised tomorrow. I would like it to be RTS-M or H though. Like it or lump it. 

THE US RASTAS

RTS-M or H

Play at a level which results in realistic scores

BLI only

No Steam names. Only major champ names. (Like the good old days of Club Verisimiltude at TWO)

Recordings with Name and Score.

• ZenHogan likes this

#153 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 26 March 2018 - 04:56 AM

Ted - you've got some great ideas!  Our time zone difference is slowing me down some.  It's my bed time (work tomorrow) .  I'll get back to you Monday.

#154 ZenHogan

ZenHogan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2018 - 05:33 PM

ZenHogan - good to have you here adding to the Recorded Rounds.  Have you tried playing against any of the other rounds in the database?  There is no embarrassing yourself, here.  Some of the High rounds go up to +20 over par, so its you against the course!

John

Hi John...yes I have played some of the other recordings...in fact my round at Cypress Point was recorded while playing against GreeensboroRob's recording (I lost by 1)...I've also played Royal Troon against Ted (not the round I uploaded), and Latrobe vs. you (birdied the 1st three holes in a row, added two more + 1 bogey for -4 on the front nine, and then the wheels fell off on the back nine - don't recall the final score, but you won handily)...these recordings are a great feature to allow for some "live" (semi-"live" anyway) competitive play in a game where the player base is so small....I will try to put up as many as I can...thanks guys for putting up and maintaining this database - great idea!

#155 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:16 AM

2018 US RASTAS

Please note: This is intended as a way to have simple, carefree fun playing computer golf. It was devised as a way to get me out on the course. I hope there is someone else out there who feels the same and would like to join in.

1.  I have manufactured a group of major winners to establish a US RASTAS tournament played at Georgia Pines. (Augusta)

2.  I play as each champion and record those rounds.

3.  So far I have a group of 12 players - Nicklaus, Woods, Hogan, Snead, Player, Palmer, Ballesteros, Norman, Watson, Miller, Trevino, Faldo

4.  I will play a four round tournament with a cut after the second round. Conditions will get more difficult during the tournament.

5.  I play against one of the recordings to make it seem like a pairing.

If anyone wanted to get involved you can either choose a player who hasn't had a recorded round uploaded in the RASTAS folder or make your own major winner, Bubba, Spieth, Mickelson, Scott (for the Aussies) etc. and upload that recording. (I want to make a leaderboard based on real players rather than strange nicknames.) You can play as any of the golfers from the list in any round. You don't have to stick to the one guy. If there hasn't been a recording done for any golfer you can take that guy.

There are some simple guidelines I'd like you to follow.

1.  Play the rounds using RTS-M or RTS-H. No controllers or clicking. Remember this is a casual, fun comp. It's a good way to have a go with the mouse. I play at Hacker level and use full power for full shots. You can't really miss the fairway although you can still shape the ball through the mouse path. This is the fun part. You can exaggerate the mouse swing path and get lovely shape (although you can overdo it). There is a lot of scope for reduced power shots. I use 100% power for precise distances according to the club. There is still a lot of stategy required.

2.  Please put away the grid. It shows up in the recording and looks horrible when playing against it. Use BLI or nothing. Try it. Give yourself a challenge. It's all fun.

3.  You can play at any level you like to be competitive. I don't want to see 59s. If you are easily shooting low 60s at TourPro consider playing without BLI or some other restriction like no driver or less clubs (or not playing at all). Likewise, if you are playing at Beginner level and shooting way too low, consider going up a level.

4.  Please use the Player view. It's much more immersive and realistic. I think that if you have Follow on in your recording it will show for the next player and that's something I don't want to see.

5.  All other aids can be used such as F2, F3 and F5 of course. None of that BARE or NAKED or straight-edge crap.

6.  There can be problems getting the recording to take. If you play against a recording and your round doesn't save just play solo and see if that works.

7.  Once you have your recording, rename it Score/Player/Round as per the rounds already uploaded.

There's no need to announce who you are playing as but if you want to reveal that and tell a story of your round, by all means tell us the tale here on the forum. I don't expect many takers and I'll start the second round once I have at least 12 golfers recorded for the first round. The more the merrier. Once that first round leaderboard is finalised I would like to see pairing up of players based on their position on the leaderboard starting at the bottom. (Someone would have to start the second round as a solo to get the ball rolling.)

One more thing - if you have a really bad round you can discard it (at any stage) and start again. It's up to you. I'm thinking that if there is a high score posted (Johnny Miller had a shocker) one of you who scores well could take his next round and try to get him back in the contest.

I'll put the 2018 US RASTAS folder on the home page of the MEGA.nz site for easy access.

I'm making this all up as I go so if you have any suggestions let me know.

Lastly, if you're not sure how to download or upload recordings just ask here.

PLEASE

Always remember to

LOG OFF

from MEGA.nz when you've done your business
so other guys can get in.

Cheers

#156 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:21 AM

2018  US  RASTAS

Leaderboard

Round 1

12 Stimp, Easy Pins, Calm Wind

69      Lee Trevino

70      Tom Watson

72      Greg Norman

73      Gary Player

73      Nick Faldo

78      Johnny Miller

#157 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 27 March 2018 - 03:17 AM

Ted - love this idea!  This was something I wanted to include in my 60 Years of the Grand Slam spreadsheet app.  If this takes off, I my ask your permission to include some of your Pros from the past.

So... I created a Green Jacket Reference folder (in your RASTAS folder).  Inside is a spreadsheet with my Green Jacket historical scores for all players and all rounds, back thru 1960.  Please use it anyway you think would benefit your idea.

Even though you don't want 3C rounds, I may play along (anyway) and store my rounds in a separate folder (I'll call it "the 3C lepers club").

EDIT: I think I'm going to try and create a recorded round for Sergio Garcia_2017_Masters_R4 and a Justin Rose_2017_Masters_R4.  I'll try to make them historically accurate (scores and cloths).  Getting the shot-for-shot of the last 4 holes will be a challenge.

#158 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:23 AM

lol John. Feel free. RTS at Hacker is easy to play well by the way.

And yeah the spreadsheet will be interesting.

Another thing for those interested....play as many different guys as you like. I'd like to get the first round finished before I start the second round.

#159 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:29 AM

Hey John. I've been thinking about this.

If you like the idea play 3C for the Rastas. It's not as if you are playing as or for JMK59 - you are playing for a legend. Knock yourself out.

#160 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:31 AM

Hacker is too boring - I just played 3 holes at GP on Hacker and too many straight trajectories.  Didn't look realistic, but I'm trying to reproduce the actual historical score card.

Also... I think I found my cure for the bad 3C meter stutters - Windows virtual page file.

I also have spreadsheets for the other 3 Majors - 4 round scores back to 1960 (also in th 60 Years of...folder).  Use as you like.

Once you get a game plan figured out, you might want to ask Crow357 for a "sticky thread" as a leaderboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users