#161 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 27 March 2018 - 04:50 AM

I don't like to ask favours. I fear knockbacks.

I'll just start a new thread and keep bumping it. Hmmm...an authentic Augusta leaderboard recreation. Just the job for me at work tomorrow.

#162 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 28 March 2018 - 01:40 AM

Ted - I uploaded my Sergio round1 into the lepers folder.  Copy it if you want.

I'm experimenting with how I will eventually play against the Historical data.  I don't want to have to adjust their scores, or my handicap.  So I played Naked putting for Sergio's round (no BLI or Grids), and used only F2.  Ended up with 32 total putts (realistic at Augusta), but had two 3-putts from inside 5 ft.  I'll go do Justin Rose now.

Justin is coming up.  Also a 73 with 34 putts.

#163 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:22 AM

Cool.  I'll include them in the RASTAS

20 player field. Leaderboard up soon

#164 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

leaderboard_03.png

#165 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:26 AM

Ted, you're an artist, man.

Edit:  I'm liking my no stutter / slide now.  Naked putting kinda evens out the stats (more realistic).

I might go back in time and do Ben Crenshaw and Fred Couples tonight.  You decide who you want to include.

#166 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:41 AM

Thanks J. I'm doing it at work. I'm happy.

Sergio's up.

Use any major winner you like John. We'll keep going until the 20 places are filled. I'd like to do Jack, Arnie, Tiger and Ben Hogan.

#167 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 02:42 AM

That front 9 is tough. Breeze is predicted to pick up in the second round and strengthen in the third round. Should make the greens faster.

• Richard likes this

#168 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 28 March 2018 - 03:26 AM

Fred Couples is in the Lepers Club.  Switched to the Avant ball for him and it messed up my distances.  You do the top 12 winners of Majors, I'll fill in some of the lessers. You pick the ones to include.  Ben Crenshaw next, then I'll quit for the night.

Need to get Greens in here - he's been doing a lot of practice with both balls at GP.

• Ted_Ball likes this

#169 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:48 AM

Hey John, I know I didn't make it clear but could you play the first rounds with 12 Stimp, Easy Pins, Calm winds. I use Realistic greens but that doesn't matter so much. And Any level. May as well make it consistent when playing against recordings. Up to you if you want to replay those rounds. No probs either way.

I'll set the second round conditions later.

#170 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 28 March 2018 - 05:38 PM

I think I played all three at 12 stimp, medium pins, perfect, and breezy.  Just consider my three as late tee times, when the conditions pick up.

Edit:  Seve is up next.

Seve is uploaded.  I changed ball / difficulty / BLI for this one.  Most of my other recordings were at Pro with Caliber and no BLI.  Lots of straight shots and missed putts (very conservative kind of player).  For Seve I bumped the snap penalty by 2 by going Tour Pro and Avant ball, but added back the BLI.  For this course, I think this give a more realistic balance of FIR, GIR, and total putts (for my game).

Next up - Sam Sneed.  Sam's up.

Interesting, just saw Bobby Jones (amature) jump to the front of the leaderboard.  I didn't think he had a win at the Masters (health issues about the time he got hot).

• Ted_Ball likes this

#171 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:32 AM

Gene Sarazen is up.  Byron Nelson next, then Walter Hagen, then I'm done.

Edit:  Nelson and Hagen are done.  Technically, Hagen didn't win a Masters either, but he's #3 in all-time Majors wins.

It would have been interesting if PP put the shot shaper tool in the Player's club selection tab (as a default set-up).  We could re-create historical players (recorded rounds), and playing styles based on our own research.

#172 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:43 AM

Excellent

#173 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:17 AM

Ted - you might want to put a T.Watson on the board so as not to be confused with Bubba.

#174 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 29 March 2018 - 04:42 AM

So off topic a bit.

What you're doing here (champions of past eras) is a concept I grew up with in the late '60s, well before the first PC's.  Back then we had pen-and-paper dice sports games pitting against each other either baseball players across 100 years of history, or collage football teams (national champions) of different eras going head-to-head.  I don't know what kind of games you grew up with, but I think we've found some common ground, so to speak.  Just some nostalgia, I suppose.

#175 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 06:26 AM

Oh yeah.  All we needed was a six-sided pencil with different runs and a wicket marked on it to have full cricket Test matches. Golf was flicking a pencil held by the end along a drawn fairway and hole. Rugby League was a grid and dice. A pencil, paper and a dice. Regular instant upgrades when needed. No internet connection required.

• jmk59 likes this

#176 ZenHogan

ZenHogan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:37 PM

Hey guys - that was me who put up the Bobby Jones round...I  know he never won the tourney (he played in the first 14, but didn't play very well - he had retired from competitive golf four years prior to the 1st Masters), but he did found the thing, and there needs to be an amateur on the board at Augusta....I did play the round at Pro level though...I'd have to say that is the best round of PG I have ever played( i only missed three greens - putter was balky or I might have shot 63) - in my previous attempts at Augusta I failed to break 80, so I was shocked by that score ...of course conditions were on the easy side so I expect to struggle when things get tougher...fun!!!...

P.S. - Hi Ted...Jones should have (A) next to his name to denote his amateur status :)

#177 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 29 March 2018 - 09:50 PM

Zen - it's all good. I posted Walter Hagen (-4) and he didn't win a Masters either (see my post above).

Add to the list and post any Major champion, then go play some of the recorded rounds.

I'm also curious as to what swing method you use.  Most of my rounds are at Pro 3C, but no BLI or Grid (try putting like that at Augusta!)

#178 ZenHogan

ZenHogan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 12:15 AM

Hi John - I play RTS-C and i love it.. I actually wanted to play the real time mouse swing when I first started playing PG (love the way it tries

to simulate all the variables involved in a real swing, and the way you can work the ball)but I could never find mouse settings either in-

game or in my mouse's setup prog - that I could feel comfortable with on the short game - so I went with the controller (not quite as

challenging, but at least I can still work the ball)...i think everyone should play the way they like, but ithink the 3C guys are missing out

on the best part of PG - the ability to work the ball without the shot-shaper (I only use it for controllingtrajectory) and build a game around

a particular shot shape (right-to-left for me) the way a real golfer does...have a go against my round and you'll see what I mean...

I've played against some of your rounds, and you're a good player, and I enjoy the competition whatever method you prefer, but I can tell that

you 3C because you hit the ball so straight on your good shots (not that there's anything wrong with that! :) )

If I  hit the ball straight it is an accident....I've been experimenting with the no-aids putting and I've been going gridless, but using the BLI still -

putting with the controller is very difficult in its own right - perhaps when I become more experienced I will try to lose the BLI as well.

#179 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:15 AM

Zen - you're right about a good 3C player being obvious because of the "too straight trajectory".

I've been experimenting with creating my own personal difficulty level trying to get my stats to mimic PGA stats (FIR, GIR, total putts).  For me, Tour Pro + Avant ball gives just the right penalty for FIR and GIR, even if 3C is limited to only 6 of the 9 possible trajectories (PP needs to talk to an engineer about collision physics).  No grid or BLI putting usually gives me a realistic Total Putts.  Augusta pushes that to the extreme.  John

#180 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 30 March 2018 - 01:26 AM

Thanks for the Bobby Jones round Zen. Great to see you get involved.

And yes I'll give him Amateur status.

I'll do Ben Hogan next and I'll then do Tiger and Jack in that order unless either of you two or someone else gets in first. There'll be plenty of opportunities to play as anyone in the next rounds anyway.

I'm thinking we should start at the 20th player first and progress to the leader and play as whoever comes next. Unless there are other suggestions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users