77 replies to this topic

#61 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

The boat has probably already sailed on this, but in case not .....

I like the idea of aiming only with the arrow keys.  But, most people are used to some type of pole/stick thingy, so how about the range of the pole/stick thingy is limited in the higher levels.  For instance, Beginner and Hacker could perhaps use that to aim at any distance.  Amateur level would limit the range of the pole/stick thingy to 100 yards from the ball, Pro would see a limit of say 25 yards in front of the ball and TourPro would have it limited to 1 yard (or less).

The discussion about extra length or benefits from the higher levels reminds me of discussions on naming of the playing levels in early access.  We have to remember that the game level does not describe the ability of the player's skills in the game, but the difficulty (or forgiveness levels) that faces the player in using their chosen control method. 

Exactly.   Plus.  How can computer users who have had their hand on a mouse for 25+ years feel good about touching keys to shoot aim or shoot a shot!?   :o  :huh:  :(  :angry:     Our relationship to our computer is through our mouse. We have all developed a "sense" of connection to our beloved computers through that clicking mechanism.

Anything else used to control programs on a computer is "toyish".  :lol: :lol: :lol:

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#62 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:00 PM

Exactly. Plus. How can computer users who have had their hand on a mouse for 25+ years feel good about touching keys to shoot aim or shoot a shot!? :o :huh: :( :angry: Our relationship to our computer is through our mouse. We have all developed a "sense" of connection to our beloved computers through that clicking mechanism.

Anything else used to control programs on a computer is "toyish". :lol: :lol: :lol:

So very progressive and forward looking...
  • Tigers Agent and DivotMaker like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#63 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 19 May 2017 - 12:40 AM

Exactly.   Plus.  How can computer users who have had their hand on a mouse for 25+ years feel good about touching keys to shoot aim or shoot a shot!?   :o  :huh:  :(  :angry:     Our relationship to our computer is through our mouse. We have all developed a "sense" of connection to our beloved computers through that clicking mechanism.

Anything else used to control programs on a computer is "toyish".  :lol: :lol: :lol:

speak for yourself. you do not speak for all. 'We" have not cheated in this game. It feels real ugly when you include "we" in your ignorant posts.  I won't forget.

• DivotMaker likes this

#64 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

Our relationship to our computer is through our mouse. 

:o   :huh:   :(   :angry: 

Not me - Pointing devices change and morph and are somewhat contextual (wacom, trackpad, mouse, roller mouse, rollerball, touchscreen, etc).

The real relationship to my laptop or desktop is and has been through keyboard interactions.

A true power user loves the keyboard and finds it more efficient for a large majority of tasks.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Tigers Agent and DivotMaker like this

#65 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:02 AM

well i guess i will be sticking with the F3 cam as the freecam is just way to time consuming

for my pace i like to keep moving.

Dave there is a autoexec.cfg  file that you can speed up the f5 camera.

Below is what I use.  I'm not recommending mine by the way.  My forward numbers are fast.  PP has a File you can copy paste in this forum.  I ain't that smart!  LOL!   You should play with forward speed numbers to get what you like speed and control wise.  

I made the cfg file by copy paste with notepad.  

Autoexec.cfg 

--cam_sensX=.5

--cam_sensY=0.2

--cam_forwardSpeed=90

--cam_sideSpeed=30

--cam_upSpeed=.1

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#66 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

Wonder if Crusher uses F2, F3 and F5 cameras when playing?

I find hitting keys are quicker than the mouse as you don't have to navigate around the screen to click on an icon, just one click of an assigned key and voila.
  • Tigers Agent likes this

#67 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 AM

well hooked on the TP.

figuring out draws and fades is cool once you do that tight fairways

are not so bad. played a dozen or so rounds most between even and 4 under 3 over par. 

just shot my best round yet on Bandon Dunes with a -7.

i am looking at it like this Pars are the best anything better is the gravy. so im shooting for pars.

Nice one Dave. Got it nailed, aim for Pars and if pins are accessible and you're in a good spot, you gradually start aiming a bit tighter to the pins and more birdies come.

Once you get the timing and hitting "dings" more often, then shot shaping can be used very well. I do like using draw or fade sometimes to combat strong cross winds and nothing better than visualising a shot and then pulling it off! :)

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#68 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:03 PM

Nice one Dave. Got it nailed, aim for Pars and if pins are accessible and you're in a good spot, you gradually start aiming a bit tighter to the pins and more birdies come.

Once you get the timing and hitting "dings" more often, then shot shaping can be used very well. I do like using draw or fade sometimes to combat strong cross winds and nothing better than visualising a shot and then pulling it off! :)

Dave - what Affo said; keep playing Tour Pro with Pars in mind.  I just played your recorded round at Melboure.  For a novice TP you played this course very well.  I shot a very boring -2 ( eagle at #2, 1 bogie, 1 birdie, and 15 seat-of-your-pants pars); wish the recording had saved.  I'll try again tonight.

Affo (Frank70) - Ted Ball extended an invitation (for all) to play this course as part of the Recorded Rounds Melbourne, so I'm just going to put my 2 cents in and say "this is a must play" course.  I agree with Frank's notion that putting and short game are still too easy (too much digital information), even at TP level.  This course will challenge that notion on every hole (except maybe #2).  Matthew Rose has done a fine job replicating the complex green structures.

Go download a recorded Melbourne round to play against.  We can now save a recording of our round, even as we play against someone else's recorded round.  Upload you recording to the MEGA site to add to the growing database.  Thanks.

JMK59

#69 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Wonder if Crusher uses F2, F3 and F5 cameras when playing?

I find hitting keys are quicker than the mouse as you don't have to navigate around the screen to click on an icon, just one click of an assigned key and voila.

F2 and F3.  F5 doesn't flick my Bic.    ;)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#70 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:58 PM

thanks for the complement JMK yea i have been having fun with this TP thing

don't know why i waited so long. my timing is a little out there at times but i seem to be able to hit some good recovery shots

and just plain lucky at times.lol

i would think bogie free rounds would be something that does not come along much, think i have had 1 out of around 25.

just done a round on Bear Mountain one of my favs and hell 2 eagles, 4 birds, but also 4 bogies to be honest one of the best rounds i have played on this game. will post it tomorrow on the recorded rounds data base along with a few others.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#71 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:42 PM

I'm really liking tour pro too. I was using pro with the overhead aiming off. But, I've found if i don't overswing too much I can have a very challenging and fun round using rts-m.

#72 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:57 AM

jeffield,

Welocme to Tour Pro.  Several of us ( ~ six people now) play TP and record our rounds to be uploaded at the "Recorded Rounds Quick Login" thread.  Come join us.  Download a few rounds to play against - scores can range from +10 to -10.  Upload some of your rounds.

JMK59

#73 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:32 AM

I'm really liking tour pro too. I was using pro with the overhead aiming off. But, I've found if i don't overswing too much I can have a very challenging and fun round using rts-m.

That's great to hear!  Having a fun round is most important.  To some of us, that means an intense one-on-one 9 or 18 hole round with all focus on winning.  Fun can be a social experience with other players.  Fun can be simply playing solo in tournaments and events just to see how well "you" do.

Fun is interpreted differently for several categories of players.  Some want to be able to talk to another person while they play.  This is why there are so many wonderful options in this game.

Keep enjoying it and spread the word. We want this game to grow into ten's of thousands of players world-wide. :)

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#74 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:10 AM

jeffield,

Welocme to Tour Pro. Several of us ( ~ six people now) play TP and record our rounds to be uploaded at the "Recorded Rounds Quick Login" thread. Come join us. Download a few rounds to play against - scores can range from +10 to -10. Upload some of your rounds.

JMK59

Thank you for the invite. I will take a look at this soon. Been very busy lately but i should be getting some free time soon . Sounds like a fun way to play . Although im not very good. Havent played much in a while.

#75 Pro8ballUK

Pro8ballUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:07 AM

That's great to hear! Having a fun round is most important. To some of us, that means an intense one-on-one 9 or 18 hole round with all focus on winning. Fun can be a social experience with other players. Fun can be simply playing solo in tournaments and events just to see how well "you" do.

Fun is interpreted differently for several categories of players. Some want to be able to talk to another person while they play. This is why there are so many wonderful options in this game.

Keep enjoying it and spread the word. We want this game to grow into ten's of thousands of players world-wide. :)

lol 40 in the lobby yesterday:)

#76 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:44 AM

lol 40 in the lobby yesterday:)

thanks for your report!  and how many orders of large fries did you sell yesterday?

#77 Pro8ballUK

Pro8ballUK

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 02:47 PM

Not as many as you my lad

#78 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

Not as many as you my lad

so.. you really can't even succeed at pushing fries?  like me? lad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users