#21 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:41 PM

I use the overhead map as a reference. Your default aiming position is always the dot in the fairway or the pin. I adjust my aim accordingly. It's imperfect and it's awesome.

This and and it works. I used to be against not using the overhead map to aim and once I got used to not having the overhead to aim I really will never go back to using it. If they get rid of the grid and allow BLI only at TP then it would be perfect to me.
  • erwildcat and Ted_Ball like this

#22 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:48 PM

will be doing that also looking to put up scores from older courses 

that are not so apt to be updated, doing the courses as they come out will be a waste of time with all the updating a 

new courses gets for a while. i am keeping trac of the rounds i have posted and as courses get updated i will remove

the old files.

Dave,

When courses get updated, I move any older Recorded Rounds to a sub-folder (within the specific course folder) called "older versions".  Check out TPC Deere Run (on MEGA) for an example.

JMK59

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#23 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:26 PM

Bit like mebby, I open the overhead to gauge where hazards are and length needed to carry rough or front of green for approaches, then just alter the aim with the view from the tee if I can get a marker from overhead.

If they could change the overhead to sort of replicate a course guide that would be great instead of getting actual distances to the meter/yard.

Didn't know about the F3 and hold mouse..think that loophole should be closed imho, didn't even know about F3 either, lol..only use F5 sometimes, lol.

• Vernon520 likes this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#24 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Playing at TP, the overhead is like the Strokesaver books from the 'old days' and is a good source for determining the distance to bunkers, hazards, doglegs and the like. Then the aiming is done how it should be, in the main cam view.

The lack of overhead aim with TP makes a great case for JNPG having some sort of caddy book where you could save your personal course notes and reminders and even aiming references and suggested clubbing choices. Yes, you could have your own pen and paper and do this, but for each course to have it's own associated notes file would be a great addition to the game.

• Ian, Affo, jmk59 and 2 others like this

#25 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 11:46 PM

Tour Pro was meant to be as close to real golf as possible.  Aiming any other way other than straight ahead on forward cam makes Tour Pro a joke.

People have learned other methods of aiming that were suppose to be unavailable to them.  It's no longer Tour Pro, it's Pro level. It all depends on one's ethics.  Considering ethics in a computer game is a silly notion, by the way.

thanks.. I needed a laugh today.

• mebby likes this

#26 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:08 AM

wow did not take long to figure the aim out.

really cool i like it and will now be playing it, guess i should have tried this a while back

try it if your looking to add another angle to the game cause it will sure teach you how to get out of some crappy spots.

• mebby likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#27 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

...I found that the reward of going 'higher up' should also be more distance? There is no reward at all on that score. I find that strange. 

I look at it this way Charles...

The various levels and their unique characteristics allow players to hit the ball and score well to a professional golfer standard. The problem, as I see it, is the naming convention doesn't reflect the ability to score well at each level. In other words - with a bit of practice a Beginner can score better than a Tour Pro player but they are still called a "Beginner".

While the JNPG player base and tournament numbers remain small the spread of skill levels will remain wide. In professional golf there are thousands of players of similar skill levels trying to become eligible for pro tournaments. We don't have the luxury of those numbers but to compensate we do have the ability to run tournaments which could involve players from all levels competing together successfully. We all would simply have to get over the fact that one might be beaten by someone playing with more assists than themselves.

There is nothing wrong with having an exclusive Tour Pro comp for "the best" but there is a separate issue with grids (and even BLI), various controllers and also swing types which messes up the level playing field anyway but that's another matter. Therefore, having an all level-inclusive comp would increase the numbers for a more robust competition.

To reduce club distances for the easier levels would instantly split the competitive player base among other drawbacks. Not a good idea at this point.   

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:51 AM

If they get rid of the grid and allow BLI only at TP then it would be perfect to me.

Or allow no grids and no BLI!

• Vernon520 likes this

#29 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 04:48 AM

Tour Pro is the most challenging level in ANY Golf game available today and the aiming methods used do not relegate it to a "joke".

So do YOU play Tour Pro? If not, is the aiming options the only reason?

I did but I like the top cam.  You go ahead and enjoy TP.  We'll agree to disagree. (as usual)

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#30 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:03 AM

@ Ted Ball: I understand what you are saying Ted, but there should be an option where club distance is a factor. It's only logical that the best/better players (which I am not btw -_-) should have the added bonus/reward of extra distance when hitting good / perfect shots. The game already makes a distinction on the different levels after all. I hope that the dev's will further this thought in the future. For me, it just does not make sense that club distances is not in the equation at all. 

On this but on a different note, I look at Links (..) in which there also is an option tot tweak the club distances for a specific player. This way it was/is possible to emulate ones real life shot lenghts. Meaning, you could get very realistic in playing a course with your own real life performance. I can't boom it 260 meters from the tee in real life so tweaking my shot lenghts in Links was a way of playing a course the way I would in real life. All of a sudden, a course became a whole lot different. And tougher.. ^_^  

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#31 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:29 AM

My basis for a successful video game is grinding. I learnt a long time ago, and the Links boys made it clear, that the grind wasn't on.

I was expecting some sort of grind in Perfect Golf. I had no idea how this could be implemented in a golf game but I thought, that if done well, it would be a reason to play Perfect Golf. 

The obvious way to reward the grind was by tiny increases in club distances - the ultimate holy grail for every golfer. And among other things..attributes, clothing, balls, equipment, beautiful blonde female (and male) spectators.. which would have made the PG golf experience a truly addictive pastime.

I believe that how far you hit the ball should be earned.

#32 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 17 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

It's only logical that the best/better players (which I am not btw -_-) should have the added bonus/reward of extra distance when hitting good / perfect shots. The game already makes a distinction on the different levels after all.

I don't agree with this logic at all... best/better isn't necessarily stronger. If you hit a perfect shot it should go the same distance as someone on a different level. Strength has nothing to do with difficulty. The difficulty level should only relate to how difficult it is to produce that shot as the game is at present. In real life, a pro doesn't out-drive a stronger amateur if they both hit it perfectly. If JNPG add some form of strength adjustment in the future then I'm fine with that, but it shouldn't necessarily be related to difficulty levels.

• Vernon520 likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#33 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

Bit like mebby, I open the overhead to gauge where hazards are and length needed to carry rough or front of green for approaches, then just alter the aim with the view from the tee if I can get a marker from overhead.

If they could change the overhead to sort of replicate a course guide that would be great instead of getting actual distances to the meter/yard.

Didn't know about the F3 and hold mouse..think that loophole should be closed imho, didn't even know about F3 either, lol..only use F5 sometimes, lol.

I also didn't know about the F3 and hold mouse and that I agree should be closed.  I never use F5 as I always get lost wondering around.  Lol.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#34 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Or allow no grids and no BLI!

Been there and done that Buck and sorry but you just cant read the greens and it would be very hard for a player with a lower PC to see as well as someone with say a GTX1080.  You got to have something or nobody will play but a handful and the BLI is better on the eyes than the Grid.

• ✠ davef ✠ and erwildcat like this

#35 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

I never use F5 as I always get lost wondering around.  Lol.

my problem to when using a controller it is kinda like turning the golf sim into a flight sim

and got to check everything out.lol

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#36 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 11:41 AM

I did but I like the top cam.  You go ahead and enjoy TP.  We'll agree to disagree. (as usual)

I use the zoom to see where the ball may end up and aim after I am out of zoom.

Not sure I understand what the issue is, but I am not interested in arguing, especially over semantics.

Tour Pro is a more challenging mode than any other in this game with a gamepad and/or RTS/M.

PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#37 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 May 2017 - 12:50 PM

Charles,

I agree with Lez that better player should not necessarily mean hit ball further.

Can't convince me that should ever be the case.

Case in point.

Who is the better player - Andrew Loupe or Justin Rose?

I'm sure many would agree Rose.

Now who hits it the furthest out of the two?

This is why better players shouldn't be necessarily be rewarded with extra distance. Not logical.

• Vernon520 likes this

#38 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

I believe that how far you hit the ball should be earned.

I'm 100% with you on this. My thoughts exactly.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#39 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:27 PM

I don't agree with this logic at all... best/better isn't necessarily stronger. If you hit a perfect shot it should go the same distance as someone on a different level. Strength has nothing to do with difficulty. The difficulty level should only relate to how difficult it is to produce that shot as the game is at present. In real life, a pro doesn't out-drive a stronger amateur if they both hit it perfectly. If JNPG add some form of strength adjustment in the future then I'm fine with that, but it shouldn't necessarily be related to difficulty levels.

It's not so much strength i focus on in making this point, it's more about skill and precision. Moving up into the skills level should mean some extra reward. I know that i.r.l. you have amateurs who hit just as far as pro's. But Irl a top amateur and the pro, playing with exactly the same clubs, DO differ in skill, talent etc etc. In JNPG moving up the skill level, there are more 'obstacles' build in, but in the end, the player does not get much more then 'real feel'. It should be obvious that having/getting more length can be a great stimulant to try to master the higher levels. 

= Arnold Palmer =

#40 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

The F5 alone is the most accurate way to aim when playing Tour Pro, but it takes to long. Some people speed up there cams, but I still think its to slow. Personally I think the F5 should be disabled when playing Tour Pro, but I am just one person.

• Armand and frank70 like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users