Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:27 PM

well i played my first full round of TP and enjoyed the heck out of it cept

how in the hell do you aim when you can't see what you are hitting at when a 

view is not offered . i just guessed and shot a 77 on the aussie tourney set up on the recorded rounds

thread. i thought the meter would ave been faster on TP.

oh well looks like i will be playing TP custom and aiming with the overhead when needed

unless someone can tell me another way.

• Fairwayman likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#2 Ian

Ian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,056 posts
  • LocationCanvey Island, Essex, UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

Dave, if you use F5 to view the area where you want to hit into, you can aim in there too.  ;) 

#3 Vernon520

Vernon520

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • LocationWestcliff-on-Sea, Essex. U.K

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:38 PM

I use the same method as Ian. Use the landing cam and adjust your ani accordingly. Though of course it makes little or no odds if  you don't hit it straight and get the right distance. lol!

Enjoy!

#4 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

With TP it's like aiming in real life. There is no overhead cam option to make it easier, lol.

Like Ian says, you can roam around with F5 to pick an aiming point or use F3 to zoom forward to approximate landing area for the club you are using help with the aim.

#5 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

i was using F3 helped some.

ok when first on the tee i pop open the overhead get the line from point a to point b up

is that line the correct aim at that point in time ?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#6 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:01 PM

I tried easier modes but I thinkTP is the best way to play PG. This is one of the reasons I play PG and not TGC. A bad swing in PG using TP is normally punished, in TGC you just miss the middle of the fairway by a fraction.

I try to play TP as I would in real life. I use the Freecam to check the lie of the land before adjusting my aim.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#7 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:05 PM

Unless I know the course really well, I use F3 to aim.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

well i guess i will be sticking with the F3 cam as the freecam is just way to time consuming

for my pace i like to keep moving.

Klipsch Sound System

#9 FreeBolt

FreeBolt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:17 PM

I hit F3 and zoom out, I then aim and then hit F5 three times all the while holding my left mouse button down, that brings me back to the tee then I release my left mouse button. I am then aiming right were I want.

#10 JoeF

JoeF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts
  • LocationBrighton, Ontario, Canada

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:32 PM

Use the arrow keys on the keyboard to rotate the main view left or right to the position you want to aim.
  • Armand likes this

Intel i5-4570 cpu @ 3.2 GHz, ASUS Z74-K mb, ASUS GeForce GTX 960 gpu, 16 GB ram, 2 x SSD drives, Windows 10 64 bit

Steam name: sound_flier

#11 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 02:54 PM

Tour Pro was meant to be as close to real golf as possible.  Aiming any other way other than straight ahead on forward cam makes Tour Pro a joke.

People have learned other methods of aiming that were suppose to be unavailable to them.  It's no longer Tour Pro, it's Pro level. It all depends on one's ethics.  Considering ethics in a computer game is a silly notion, by the way.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#12 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

The aiming will always aim you towards a shot point or the pin itself, if you have a reachable par 5, playing the 2nd shot will aim you to the 2nd shot point which may or may not be in line with the pin, any other approach shot will be directly to the pin, there's not a great deal of aiming to be done, i don't find it any more difficult than any other level.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#13 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:39 PM

I recently also tried TP level. I was all over the place, which is to be expected. Did not really take enough time on the range to find some swing and rhythm to really get a good feel etc, but I found that the reward of going 'higher up' should also be ... more distance? :huh: There is no reward at all on that score. I find that strange. I mean, playing beginner-level should have other shot distances then say amateur and going higher up should be rewarded with even higher numbers? I guess it's all about club head speed, which, in real life is what it's also all about really. But it's also about better ball contact. It is a pity there is no distance distinction between levels. A pro normally hits it better and longer than an amateur (generally speaking) and that should be one of the rewards for moving up the level chart i feel. Any thoughts on this? ... 

• Sup? likes this

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#14 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 16 May 2017 - 03:46 PM

I use the overhead map as a reference. Your default aiming position is always the dot in the fairway or the pin. I adjust my aim accordingly. It's imperfect and it's awesome.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#15 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:02 PM

Dave,

While you're getting used to playing Tour Pro - keep recording your rounds ( even the +5 and higher) and post to MEGA.  The Database is currently top-heavy with LOW and MED scores.

Also on aiming - use F3 to "look ahead" to scope out hazaeds.  The default aim point is typically down-the-middle of the fairway.  Aim away from hazards, and opposite of a stong side wind.  Usually 3 arrow bumps left or right will do - don't over think it.

JMK59

#16 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:05 PM

Tour Pro was meant to be as close to real golf as possible.  Aiming any other way other than straight ahead on forward cam makes Tour Pro a joke.

People have learned other methods of aiming that were suppose to be unavailable to them.  It's no longer Tour Pro, it's Pro level. It all depends on one's ethics.  Considering ethics in a computer game is a silly notion, by the way.

Tour Pro is the most challenging level in ANY Golf game available today and the aiming methods used do not relegate it to a "joke".

So do YOU play Tour Pro? If not, is the aiming options the only reason?

• Vernon520 likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#17 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:26 PM

thanks for all the great advise.

Klipsch Sound System

#18 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

well i guess i will be sticking with the F3 cam as the freecam is just way to time consuming
for my pace i like to keep moving.

It's not time consuming at all. I just wander a few 'paces' around if I'm not sure of the lie of the land. This is only to get a better view of the shot in hand and perfectly realistic. Combine that with checking your overhead and it's a pretty authentic and doesn't give you any advantage that you shouldn't have playing as a TP.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#19 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:25 PM

I hit F3 and zoom out, I then aim and then hit F5 three times all the while holding my left mouse button down, that brings me back to the tee then I release my left mouse button. I am then aiming right were I want.

Sounds like another game exploit that should be removed.

• Affo likes this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Dave,

While you're getting used to playing Tour Pro - keep recording your rounds ( even the +5 and higher) and post to MEGA.  The Database is currently top-heavy with LOW and MED scores.

Also on aiming - use F3 to "look ahead" to scope out hazaeds.  The default aim point is typically down-the-middle of the fairway.  Aim away from hazards, and opposite of a stong side wind.  Usually 3 arrow bumps left or right will do - don't over think it.

JMK59

will be doing that also looking to put up scores from older courses 

that are not so apt to be updated, doing the courses as they come out will be a waste of time with all the updating a 

new courses gets for a while. i am keeping trac of the rounds i have posted and as courses get updated i will remove

the old files.

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users