#21 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

I started this as a 3C appreciation thread that's all

To be honest, you probably shouldn't have called it "the breakfast of champions" in the title in that case.

That directly implies it's "the best" as the "breakfast of champions" phrase is all about marketing something as being "the best thing to start your day with if you want to be elite/high performance/better than others/the best/etc"

Something like "I love/appreciate 3C the most and here's why..." might have been more on target.
  • DoGgs and maxie like this

#22 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:01 PM

I mentioned the 'same for everyone' point in regards to it not being adjustable with DPI, Axis or Edging ... just a level playing field.
  • GoldenBear likes this

#23 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:06 PM

Removed
See next post

Edited by Buck, 09 July 2017 - 06:10 PM.

#24 gravedodger

gravedodger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  • LocationThe northy part of Ireland

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:08 PM

My reply wasn't to u Buck, but it's easy to get posts and answers out of sequence :)

#25 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:09 PM

My reply wasn't to u Buck, but it's easy to get posts and answers out of sequence :)

Yeah - sorry - I can sometimes never tell who's talking to who or about what..
(removed the post)
Cheers..

#26 DivotMaker

DivotMaker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 983 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:11 PM

Um, the 1990's called and they want their 3-click swing mechanic back.......

Just kidding....sort of.

20 years ago, I would have agreed with the OP.

Today, not so much. I do respect those that prefer it. It is no longer for me and I used to be pretty darned good at 3-click.

I do NOT care how someone else is playing the game. If they cheat or circumvent the game design, SO WHAT? Are we playing for anything more than bragging rights on a website leaderboard? When gameplay actually has something tangible at stake, THEN is when it matters. Has that EVER truly happened in this game at any point in time?

Play what makes you happy and enjoy the game and to heck with what others think. Way too many more important things going on in this world to be worried about things like "which swing is the best". There IS NO best swing. Only what you as an individual enjoy playing.

• JoeF likes this
PC

Xbox One X

Steam ID: DivotMaker

#27 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:30 PM

I played quite a lot of 3C whilst waiting for controller support and quite enjoyed it, but i always knew that once controller support came i would be away from it as fast as you like.  There is a disconnect with 3C that is just not organic enough for me, RTS is more tangible and in the moment, whereas 3C and MS is more like inputting orders then sitting back to watch it play out, and whilst not a bad thing, i just prefer the immediate connection to RTS.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 06:32 PM

Well said DM..
I think I was best at the click swing in JN:GBC..

My Uncle and I would get 1 or 2 hole in ones PER ROUND sometimes..

Actually, despite being woefully unrealistic (just too easy to hit great shots), the fact that we were both equally adept at it made for very exciting, albeit ridiculously well scoring, competition.

The matching of the competitors and method is what mattered more than the absolute realism of it, which is something that I think still applies today.

(Sidenote: This is why I think it's odd that TGC2 isn't allowing club challenge level isolation)

#29 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 July 2017 - 08:57 PM

3 click rules.

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 09:15 PM

3 click rules.

That's enough to keep me away from it...
LOL

#31 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 10:20 PM

I play and like 3-click swing but can think of at least 10 things to vastly improve the current one, which I rank worst of all previous golf games.

Although by far the most played swing method I always felt it to be neglected in it's development. We're still stuck with the same boring slow meter from the start.  Missed opportunity IMO. :mellow:

This is the main reason why I ditched in favor of RTSM.   The 3C meter is just uh, painful. 

#32 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:03 PM

As time goes by I am becoming more and more suspicious that it is this anti-cheat code that is the cause of the stuttering and/or sliding that some clickers are suffering and that it has nothing to do with background PC processes at all. The JNPG 3-click meter is the only one I've ever experienced that has such issues and that alone should be a clue to finding the real cause of these problems.

In solo play this code shouldn't even be running.

• Parboy and granite00 like this

#33 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,599 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:13 PM

I thought PP vehemently maintained a 3Click stutter was all in our ISP or our own machines (or all in our heads).

• Parboy likes this

#34 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 July 2017 - 11:56 PM

Wow here we go again.  Lol.  Well I play MS now and am not bragging but I am probably one of a few  players here who can play any swing at Pro level and get it under par  with all of them so I think I am a pretty good judge.  My take is that whatever swing you like is the best and leave it at that as its about the player having fun and nothing else.  I personally like them all and they all have their good and bad points so no ripping anybody from this side but I will say that it would be a plus to all to try them all as then you can see what the next guy has to deal with.  I would love to see one event where you have to play four rounds with four different swings and then all will know.  Just my 2 cents.

• Parboy, DoGgs and wim1234 like this

#35 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 10 July 2017 - 11:51 PM

When I play PG at the moment I play 3 click. We have a regular multiplayer 4 ball each week and two of us 3 click and two of us RTS-C. Two of us play on hacker, one of us plays on amateur and the other plays on tour pro. Each week we have a close game and it's tons of fun. We play a variety of skins, hazard and alt shot games. 3 players are based in the US and 1 in the UK, we virtually never have lag as we have decent internet connections and we all see the golf shots at the same time ie within 100m/s depending on ping that day.

All the above are reasons why I think that PG is the best multiplayer golf experience EVER.  :)

• gravedodger, jimbob59, Crusher and 2 others like this

#36 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:02 AM

I play 3C, RTSC, and real clubs on the simulator. I like 3C for its simplicity and quick fun. I like RTSC too but still can't find the time to learn putting. I think I shoot better on the simulator compared to 3C or RTSC on Tour Pro. :)

I play 2 ball scrambles, alt shot, skins, etc, with my 3C, RTSC, and other sim friends. PG is the only game that allows me to play against mouse/controller friends from my simulator. PGs real time multiplayer is definitely the best golf multiplayer ever.

#37 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 11 July 2017 - 03:36 AM

I am a 3Cer and enjoy the game that way.  That is the important factor.  "How one enjoys the game"

I also agree with Mike Jones - JNPG is the best multiplayer golf experience available.  What other

golf game can have a Simulation Launch monitor player and a mouse or controller player in the same

multiplayer match.   I think the answer in None!

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#38 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 July 2017 - 06:44 AM

Have to agree Mike, its second to none...the only thing i would like to see is simultaneous play just to speed things up, i don't play as much MP as i would like as its too time consuming.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:09 PM

When I play PG at the moment I play 3 click. We have a regular multiplayer 4 ball each week and two of us 3 click and two of us RTS-C. Two of us play on hacker, one of us plays on amateur and the other plays on tour pro. Each week we have a close game and it's tons of fun. We play a variety of skins, hazard and alt shot games. 3 players are based in the US and 1 in the UK, we virtually never have lag as we have decent internet connections and we all see the golf shots at the same time ie within 100m/s depending on ping that day.

All the above are reasons why I think that PG is the best multiplayer golf experience EVER. :)

Just curious if your weekly multiplayer games are just for fun on current builds or also used as a way of testing the new build.

#40 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 July 2017 - 01:13 PM

RTSC for me personally but options are always good. In my own opinion I feel that 3C is ancient and mostly irrelevant in today's gaming world. It was created when there wasn't anything more engaging to use. It just feels lifeless and disconnected to me. It's plenty difficult - that's not my issue... it's just boring.
  • LeazesNDR, Crow357, DivotMaker and 1 other like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users