Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:01 PM

PP has come out with 1.4.3.0! 

Just to go over again, here are the features that I mentioned last time:

Lots of simulator fixes:
Up and Down Points Chip In Fix
Simulator Offset Fix
Simulator Pass Demo
Auto Putt Feature for Sim
Add Guest Feature when at home play and no player set up (Will get default clubs)
Fix TouchSScreen Bug

RTSM Splash Shot Fix (this added more chance for a fat shot)

New Wind Model

Now, with more Wind!  For long, the player base has complained that the wind didn't have enough effect on the ball.  Well, not anymore.  Expect a headwind to act like a headwind.  Tailwind like a tailwind.  The wind also has more effect on the ball above "the treeline".  So, as the ball stays higher in the air longer, the ball will be affected by the wind more.  So, this adds more types of shots to the game, especially in the wind.  You can hit that drive that bores through the wind, or loft one up to get carried by the tailwind.  Play that fade into that right to left wind.  It's like real golf!

Also, there are new wind settings in the game.  There is Calm, Breezy, Strong Breeze, Variable, Gusty and Windy.

Calm is still calm, 2 or 3 mph

Breezy will be around 10mph or lower depending on the random seed.

Strong breeze is in the teens.

Variable is about Breezy speed, but with more variability of the speed and direction.

Gusty is Variable, but faster wind speed.

And lastly, Windy for you guys that really want to get knocked about.

These new wind settings WILL take some getting used to.  When I first started testing, I couldn't hit a green!  LOL.  But soon, I got the hang of it and was hitting greens and knocking down pins just like before.

• axe360, Tresclub, Charles and 1 other like this
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#2 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

Thanks for the update Art.

Little things......

For ages when hitting on the range once you'd hit your first shot from the tee peg, all subsequent shots were shown as being hit from the ground (even though I believe the game was treating the ball as still being teed up). With this latest update all shots are now teed up. It's little things like this that I appreciate, lol.

As for the wind, it might only be small tweaks that have been applied, but for the better IMO. It makes subtle changes to the game so the conditions you will have been used to for the past few months will now need re-learning.

I appreciate there is no silver bullet equation for 1 MPH = 1 YD so it is well worth playing under varying conditions to get yourself used to the changes, as like Art mentioned above, the new wind does take some getting used to.

As for realism, I've just compared some real life Trackman data tests that Golf WRX did with a 6i.

Real Life Carry = 184 yds

Headwind 10 MPH

Adjusted Carry = 166 yds

Perfect Golf Carry = 183 yds

Headwind 10MPH

Adjusted Carry = 167 yds

Also, before you think the game may be flawed with headwind and tailwind, this Trackman clip is a handy help in understanding the effects of the wind

As the saying goes...... 'a headwind hurts more than a tailwind helps'.

• axe360, Tresclub and Charles like this

#3 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:19 PM

crow you forgot to list stormy that one i don't know about on a 30mph cross wind no loft

i lined my drive up 80yrds to the right of a fairway and ended up in the rough on the left side.

shot hit perfect. was going to pair it up with the rain, but just don't know now.

you guys may have made a few of the testers happy but i think you may have some backlash

thanks for the update though as any changes are welcomed. just a bummer having to get use to it

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#4 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:28 PM

Sweet... will check it out.  Thanks!

#5 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:52 PM

crow you forgot to list stormy that one i don't know about on a 30mph cross wind no loft

i lined my drive up 80yrds to the right of a fairway and ended up in the rough on the left side.

shot hit perfect. was going to pair it up with the rain, but just don't know now.

you guys may have made a few of the testers happy but i think you may have some backlash

thanks for the update though as any changes are welcomed. just a bummer having to get use to it

I've just been on Woody's with a 30MPH+ crosswind from right to left.

I'm certainly not seeing the ball moving sideways over 100yds as you seem to indicate (aiming 80yds right and missing fairway left). I'm probably seeing an approximate 50-55yds sideways movement off a perfect snap with the woods on landing. I'm not saying you're not seeing it Dave, but at the moment I can't replicate it.

Will test some more but I'm seeing the high crosswinds are tough, if you are just hitting straight shots with no draw/fade to counter-act the wind, but play like I think a really strong crosswind should.

#6 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:01 PM

Dave, keep reporting your findings whenever you find them. Input like this is most helpful and I know the devs read every thing.

They just don't always have the time to reply to every thing. :)

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#7 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:21 PM

Wind changes seem great so far - I'll have to evaluate over many rounds, but I like it!

Question:

Did anything change with the camera settings?

I feel like my "view" is further back from the golfer on the tee.

GUI Comments:

Text on top of GUI now has bold outline.  

That's a nice addition if seeing that is an issue for you.

Is it possible we could the option to disable that though?

It's really bold now and honestly looks pretty rough as the wind direction meter doesn't have it (or at least not as much) and the text on the bottom of the GUI also doesn't have it.  Just looks like sort of a mess to have different effects applied depending upon where on the screen.

I hope in PG2 we can get more control or what is seen & where in terms of GUI.  The course view is so pretty and it'd be nice to have some more minimalist information display options that consolidates things in one corner perhaps so we can relish the visuals.

Also - please consider killing the "Menu X button" hint for RTS-C (not sure if it's there for others).  There are no other visual cues about any of the buttons or functions in the game on screen all the time.  It's rather odd to have that Menu reminder button on there at all times (also a burn-in concern for OLED and Plasma people).

Maybe it could pop up at the beginning of a round and then go away?

Sort of a temporary visual hint (if it's deemed that critical to always show it)

#8 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:29 PM

i may have had about half loft on that drive now that i think about.

try that and see what ya get Daz.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#9 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:33 PM

Question:

I

Increased the field of view on the player camera to give a slightly less chlostrophobic view

Klipsch Sound System

#10 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

Question:

I also notice that.

#11 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:41 PM

Increased the field of view on the player camera to give a slightly less chlostrophobic view

Thanks - Where'd you see that Dave?

I was just looking at Crow's notes above to see if I missed it (doesn't appear in there).

I wish we could revert that setting or have it as an option in the view choices.

It's really not great when on a TV and already physically far away from the player/view as it is.

#12 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:43 PM

i may have had about half loft on that drive now that i think about.

try that and see what ya get Daz.

Daz you are right i was figuring wrong it is in the 50 to 60 yrd range.

still think it is just a little bit much for a 30mph crosswind

Klipsch Sound System

#13 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:44 PM

Thanks - Where'd you see that Dave?

I was just looking at Crow's notes above to see if I missed it (doesn't appear in there).

I wish I could revert that setting.

It's really not great when on a TV and already physically far away from the player/view as it is.

when the updates download while they do on the right hand side of the window is a view notes link

Klipsch Sound System

#14 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:46 PM

when the updates download while they do on the right hand side of the window is a view notes link

Oh - My Steam is on a headless machine in the other room and I'm streaming and I never saw that page you're describing.

Thanks.  Are there any other notes on changes we may have missed that were shown there but not in this thread?

#15 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

http://store.steampo.../?appids=288140

update notes. i had posted this before but i guess someone did not like the text i posted with it.lol

Klipsch Sound System

#16 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

Yes, what formerly was the closest swing camera to the golfer has been moved back about three or four yards.  I actually preferred it the way it was in prior builds, as it made the game feel more intimate and immersive.    This is a very subjective issue and I'm sure there will be just as many who prefer this new, more distant, yet wider FOV.  I wish we had the option to create our own swing camera option, as Dazmaniac suggested elsewhere.

• axe360, MERACE, erwildcat and 1 other like this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#17 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:50 PM

This is a very subjective issue and I'm sure there will be just as many who prefer this new, more distant, yet wider FOV. 

I really need the old setting back or a way to choose.

I'm straining to see anything now.

Why was this needed as a forced change?

This one small thing has now ruined my situation for playing the game.  

The low camera is too low and too close and now the player cam is a Pano cam essentially.

Mother F'er man...

This is just not the sort of changing that's needed for PG1 at this point in its lifecycle, at least not if we don't have a way to keep as it was.

• Mailman and Ted_Ball like this

#18 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 29 December 2017 - 04:56 PM

I really need the old setting back or a way to choose.

I'm straining to see anything now.

Why was this needed as a forced change?

This one small thing has now ruined my situation for playing the game.  

The low camera is too low and too close and now the player cam is a Pano cam essentially.

Mother F'er man...

This is just not the sort of changing that's needed for the game, at least not if we don't have a way to keep as it was.

I'm not so sure it was a design  change that was needed, probably just a matter of designer choice.  I know it made the gameplay feel different to me as I don't somehow connect with the animation with the same degree of fullness at the more removed distance.  I'd love to see it get thrown back into the mix as an option, or better yet an option to customize your own swing camera.  The latter probably wouldn't come until PG2 though...

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#19 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:30 PM

Daz you are right i was figuring wrong it is in the 50 to 60 yrd range.

still think it is just a little bit much for a 30mph crosswind

The ESPN Sports Science guys put out an interesting video back in 2011 on wind affecting golf ball flight. Might shed some more light on what folks will now see in Perfect Golf after the update..

• axe360 likes this

#20 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 05:44 PM

good clip there Daz it should help a lot of folks to understand.

i have always low balled the shot when in a headwind.

i would like a more realistic punch shot for headwind play myself . i have been able to work it out pretty close but the ball still gets a bit to high.

im also thinking that when players start losing 40 yrds off a drive into the wind,it will open the can of give us more yardage on the clubs.

you can bet on that. thanks again for that vid

Klipsch Sound System

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users