212 replies to this topic

#41 shanker01

shanker01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

never had to press the C key before the upgrade, think it is some bug.

stock 7700k intel cpu

gtx 1070 gpu

liquid cooled

250 ssd drive and 1 terabyte hard drive

32 omen q monitor

#42 Armand

Armand

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:49 AM

OK, have tried out and agree, would rather have old view back. Play RTS-M.

Also, have tried playing practice, practice round and solo round with 'windy' to learn. It is showing in all instances as the wind is only between 9-13MPH into my face ALL the time and sometimes I have the flight affected, sometimes not? Tried calm - showed wind fluctuating between 9-11 MPH? Can anyone shed some light on this or advise what other information is required.

Windows 10 Home, version 1703, Intel® Core™ i5-4690 CPU @3.50GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

attachicon.gif2017-12-30 09_59_01-Perfect Golf-reduced.jpg

attachicon.gif2017-12-30 10_00_19-Perfect Golf-reduced.jpg

Have attached screen shots

Thank you

I think in practice mode, you need to set the wind direction.  It possibly defaults to 0/360°, which would be a headwind.  I'm not certain, as I don't really use the practice mode.  I am not certain, but if you've tried regular solo play, best to play a few holes to ensure the holes progress in different directions than from south to north.

#43 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:10 AM

To be honest, if I hadn't seen the comments here about FOV I never would have noticed so I'm obviously OK with it. I did notice the border on the text but as I started playing it didn't draw my eye at all.

• Tresclub and Greensboronclion like this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#44 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

To be honest, if I hadn't seen the comments here about FOV I never would have noticed so I'm obviously OK with it. I did notice the border on the text but as I started playing it didn't draw my eye at all.

Are you a 3-clicker?  I ask because a 3-clicker is going to have their attention focused more on the meter than the golfer.  That's the only way I can see how it could go unnoticed.  As an RTS-C player, it stands out like a sore thumb.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#45 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

Good fix for the wind having little affect nice update ,camera views ect couldnt care less gameplay physics has  improved , nice to see tonight lots of the forum regulars playing . But im guessing after 2-3 days they wont be playing just asking for another update/patch

#46 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:58 AM

Haven't played in windy conditions yet, but the new model seems to be affecting shots more (so good). Have no problem with  the new POV as a MS player. A nice, incremental improvement. Keep them coming!

#47 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:22 AM

I am not keen on the new camera view of the golfer. Those extra few yards back from the animation feel too distant.  I liked that view better before this update.

Was this done to stop the animation's bulging, bloodshot eye closeup?  I could live with that glitch and would prefer a much closer view from behind the golfer.

• Tresclub and Mailman like this

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#48 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:56 AM

I am not keen on the new camera view of the golfer. Those extra few yards back from the animation feel too distant.  I liked that view better before this update.

Was this done to stop the animation's bulging, bloodshot eye closeup?  I could live with that glitch and would prefer a much closer view from behind the golfer.

The Dev team has accomplished the impossible...
They have Crusher and Buck vehemently agreeing on something!!
  • MERACE likes this

#49 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:01 AM

The whole "follow" experience is IMHO ruined.  Watching the ball rolling on the green or flying through the air is causing eye strain for me, and I play at 1600 x 900.  Can't imagine how tiny the ball looks on a 20 to 27 inch screen at 1920 x 1080 or higher.

This is real turn off for me. I just played two rounds and it was like I was watching everything from the gallery directly behind the golfer.

Sorry devs but, yuck! :angry:

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#50 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:03 AM

The whole "follow" experience is IMHO ruined.  Watching the ball rolling on the green or flying through the air is causing eye strain for me, and I play at 1600 x 900.  Can't imagine how tiny the ball looks on a 20 to 27 inch screen at 1920 x 1080 or higher.

This is real turn off for me. I just played two rounds and it was like I was watching everything from the gallery directly behind the golfer.

Sorry devs but, yuck! :angry:

110% agree

#51 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 06:05 AM

Every view of the ball "up close" is what we have experienced since Beta. Same is true of the golfer during follow and dynamic views.

Okay. I've ranted enough on this subject but in all honesty, it could be the doom of the game for many of us who enjoyed seeing the golfer and the ball flight closer by several yards. This is viewing the screen the 2 to 2 1/2 feet from my chair at my PC Station. Longer distances such has HDTV may not impact the view.  But for PC players at standard viewing distances from the monitor and at low resolution, it's very noticeable.

Hole 18 at Pebble off the tee is a perfect example of the closer view we have experienced since day one. 35 seconds in on the video.

xqc8g0-2.png

Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

#52 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Having played two rounds since the update, I noticed that one benefit of the camera view is that there are less instances where my view of the hole on putts is blocked by the avatar.

RTSM - Pro

#53 ollybobbles

ollybobbles

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 07:44 AM

I for one love the field of view change. I have been requesting an option for a wider, further back field of view and this is certainly a step in the right direction. I appreciate that this is not everyone's cup of tea and I think that either an option to change it to a set level or 3 separate options on the field of view would be a great addition.

But ... as much as everyone is begging for a return, I am begging for it to remain, at least as an option.

The wind changes are excellent, I have no feelings either way on the bolder font ... for me the game is better all round now than before ....

Merry Christmas to you all and hope you all have a joyous new year.

Regards

#54 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Unless it's only available to beta testers (which I would think unlikely), you can set the fov to whatever you like - I think the default used to be 37, now it's 45.

g_fov from the console.

#55 Charles

Charles

RTSM forever!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 869 posts
  • LocationHolland, Europe.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:50 AM

Unless it's only available to beta testers (which I would think unlikely), you can set the fov to whatever you like - I think the default used to be 37, now it's 45.

g_fov from the console.

If one does that it will not be permanent though? After closing the game down it will revert to the standard view?

RTSM / Pro / In the bag: D,3/7W,1H,5i-60W,P.

* Favorite Designers: Skunky - DoGgs - RobC - IanK - PGA Pro - Gary Norman - DrTwist - Bortimus -

DPRoberts - High Fade - Classic Renditions - Matt Rose - Mikahenrik and ... Mike Jones! *

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect.

It is at the same time rewarding and maddening - and without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented".

= Arnold Palmer =

#56 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 30 December 2017 - 08:57 AM

Didn't like the view change for reading the greens, so tried using the Mid and low putting camera as a alternate. Settled on the low putting cam for reading the greens as the golfer got in the way at times using the Mid cam. Still used the free cam for setting a custom view for taking the stroke with the controller. Actually by using the low cam I started framing the lower half of the golfer on screen about thigh high, whereas before was the whole golfer at head height. I was getting a better view of the stroke thus controlling the distance better, so the view change lead me to better views and results.

Played one of my better rounds in a while with the new cameras and I do like the new view tee to green.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#57 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

If one does that it will not be permanent though? After closing the game down it will revert to the standard view?

You could add the line to an autoexec.cfg file to launch at game start. Instruction can be found in the cam speed sticky here on the forum.

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#58 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

I like the wider view from the tee; more like Links, you get to see the shape of a hole a bit better, however I'd like to see the view get closer with the next shot.  That's another idea for the wishlist - closer to the green = camera closer to golfer.

#59 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 30 December 2017 - 09:49 AM

I appreciate the update.  The wind changes are going to be just fine.  I will adjust to the wind changes.   FOV is fine for me as I was using pano view and find the new field of view to be an enhanced version  of the pano view.  

RTS - M and C players I can appreciate your concern over the field of view changes.   No meter equals a completely new learning cure to hit proper power on your woods, hybrids, irons and putter.   Then add in the adjusted penalty on splash shot and you RTS players have a whole new game.  I thank, lucky me, :rolleyes: I am a 3 clickers :D 

I thank PP for the patch.   

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#60 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 10:04 AM

Changing the fov via F8 or exec.cfg doesn't work, bummer. It changes back as soon as the camera moves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users