#21 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

I like the new wind effect and I like having extra wind choices too.

I dislike the camera changes and I dislike the new heavy outline of the font.

The new update is 2 steps forwards and 2 steps backwards for me!  :lol:

• gravedodger and Charles like this
life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:06 PM

I dislike the camera changes and I dislike the new heavy outline of the font.

Please developers - I'm literally begging you..

This one camera change is set to completely ruin the one game I play with my 80+ year old uncle.

We both use TV setups and don't have the screen size to make out the details in the new wider Player cam view.

Please please add back in the older Player cam (at least as an option).

Could it be a "wide/normal" checkbox in the view settings or something?

I understand the desire to showcase more scenery/view to the sides, but that change (for us) is literally ruining the ability to see and play the game at all.

#23 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:16 PM

The new FOV didn't bother me much but I'll admit that it's baffling to change this without any feedback comments on the need for change - especially without an option to go back to what folks were used to.

As for the wind changes - I really like the changes a lot so far.  It will take more time to fully test and feel it out but so far it's a very nice tweak.  I really like the variable wind setting as it seems to simulate the types of conditions I'm used to around here where it go can from no wind to 10mph and then back down to 2-3 all in a matter of seconds.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#24 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 06:44 PM

Re:  Field of View changes. 

I threw this together just to show what changed in case anyone cares to see.
I apologize about the disparity in the pics.  The only "previous FOV" pic I had was from at night thus the lighting difference.
Taken from the same spot on the couch, on the same hole with the same device - only difference is time of day and the new Field of View in the update.

I circled the same elements in 2 colors to see how the size/position of them changes with the wider field of view.
One thing to look at that's really problematic so far in testing the update is the view in and off in the distance of the green/target area and also the distance the golfer is from the camera itself.

I know to some this might seem small, but it's shocking how much harder it is to play in person in my situation with this FOV change.
I really really hope it can be made optional.

H0uqQau.png

#25 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:16 PM

looks like a glare problem to me

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

looks like a glare problem to me

You honestly can't see the difference where the two circles are?
Or the player from camera position difference?

I agree that the view afar is harder to tell in this comparison due to my bad photos, but unfortunately it's all I have to compare new vs old.

I openly admitted that the photo comparison is not great due to the time of day but trust me in person it's a noticeable difference or I wouldn't be posting, nor would both Bortimus and Acrillix already agree that the change would be best if optional.

#27 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:31 PM

i can see it but the pics are not the same set.

the one on the left is not the same as the panasonic on the right

where is the blue strip like the righton the set on the left and close your shades

and better pic through the set adjustments,have you even tried that angle

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#28 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:32 PM

the one on the right is not the same as the panasonic on the left
where is the blue strip like the left on the set on the right and close your shades
and better pic through the set adjustments,have you even tried that angle

Yes it is.

The panny logo and stripe is cropped on the left image.

By the way this wouldn't matter anyways even if it were a different 50 inch TV set at the same distance… The screen size and resolution would be the same and appear the same… The field of view coming from the game engine is the issue

Set adjustments won't help at all with views in the distance for a field of view that's too wide

#29 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

hell i put it up on my 65'' curve and looks fine to me.

you got one of those  screen protectors on there?

Klipsch Sound System

#30 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:37 PM

the one on the left is not the same as the panasonic on the right
where is the blue strip like the righton the set on the left and close your shades

Here you go Dave - A new crop of the pre-update image.
It's super dark so I had to put it in photoshop and jack the shadow brightness up to max, but you can make out the logo/stripe area barely

Happy?

H0uNkmn.png

• Parboy likes this

#31 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

hell i put it up on my 65'' curve and looks fine to me.

you got one of those  screen protectors on there?

I have a 50" TV

Everything was fine on the old field of view pre update.

Just desperately need an option for the previous Player cam

#32 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:04 PM

Just had a quick look and there was over 120 in the lobby.  I like the wind changes and will probably be using variable wind most of the time and gusty for seaside courses.  Where I play the real game, a round without wind is an anomaly.

I like the black outline of the fonts, makes it easier to read, especially when it is set against the sky with dynamic sky turned off.

It will take a little time to get used to the new camera view which I like,  but as some people don't like it, an option to go back to old view would be good.  As an RTSM player I will have to re-calibrate how far I pull the club back for short game shots like chips, pitches, and flops because of the new camera view but it shouldn't take long. 

I will be playing a round later and will be very interested in how flop shots play with the increased probability of fat shots for RTSM.

With the changes, especially the new camera view it's a new experience.  Thanks to jmk59 for providing PP with the wind model and thanks to the developers for this update.

RTSM - Pro

#33 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 29 December 2017 - 08:23 PM

While I agree that the black outline on the font makes it easier to read in some situations it also makes the text look more compressed and cluttered, and the text now catches the eye far more, making the view of the course less attractive... the opposite of why the camera changes were brought in for this update, I believe.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#34 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:57 PM

the wind is cool but just a bit drastic on low chips on gusty

how ever it is really cool to hit 430 yrd drives with 40 behind ya.lol

Klipsch Sound System

#35 wim1234

wim1234

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:28 PM

the wind is cool but just a bit drastic on low chips on gusty

how ever it is really cool to hit 430 yrd drives with 40 behind ya.lol

have you ever really played in those conditions..if not, how can you say its drastic.

i think its pretty dang good and an awesome addition, and i am one that likes the wider view.

#36 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:59 PM

the FOV could go back to where it was now i have played a little.

reason is i don't look around the course much i figure i'm in the game to play it.

i use the overheads and the pin placements to set up my shots i find with the panoramic view i need nothing else,so i never use zoom or F5 cam. 

not responding to other

Klipsch Sound System

#37 shanker01

shanker01

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:01 AM

I just played with new upgrade and when you use mulligans and with the player view sometimes it goes to a panoramic view! Must be a bugin the new upgrade

stock 7700k intel cpu

gtx 1070 gpu

liquid cooled

250 ssd drive and 1 terabyte hard drive

32 omen q monitor

#38 briarfox

briarfox

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

OK, have tried out and agree, would rather have old view back. Play RTS-M.

Also, have tried playing practice, practice round and solo round with 'windy' to learn. It is showing in all instances as the wind is only between 9-13MPH into my face ALL the time and sometimes I have the flight affected, sometimes not? Tried calm - showed wind fluctuating between 9-11 MPH? Can anyone shed some light on this or advise what other information is required.

Windows 10 Home, version 1703, Intel® Core™ i5-4690 CPU @3.50GHz, 16.0 GB RAM, 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Attached File  2017-12-30 09_59_01-Perfect Golf-reduced.jpg   38.78KB   4 downloads

Attached File  2017-12-30 10_00_19-Perfect Golf-reduced.jpg   31.61KB   5 downloads

Have attached screen shots

Thank you

#39 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

I just played with new upgrade and when you use mulligans and with the player view sometimes it goes to a panoramic view! Must be a bugin the new upgrade

hit the "C" button till you get the view you wish.

#40 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:07 AM

On a personal note:-

Have no issues with the FOV changes (though appreciate the issues others have)

Love the updated wind settings and effect on ball. Just feel that 1) they are a little overdone on some chips, pitches and splash shots around the green. Yes the ball should be affected, but from playing IRL in very windy conditions it just seems a bit overdone. 2) Shots in to 35MPH+ headwind seem to be affected maybe a little too much. Having a driver carry only 213yds in to a 35MPH headwind just seems a bit much. If a 35MPH does actually cause a well hit drive to lose 60yds carry then I'll happily accept it as it is.

Actually like the dark edge to the font, but that's just me.

Overall, really happy to see the build finally see a public release. Has rekindled my desire to play PG again as the game is a real battle with the elements again. Just finished out the PGLS event at Cape Kidnappers all played at v1.4.3.0 at 3C TP ending with -1, +1, +1 and +3.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)