54 replies to this topic

#1 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 12:57 AM

I decided to give the game some playing on the big screen with my controller and it works great.Not used to those chipping shots yet.

Anyone who wants to try it out,I have been using antimicro program but there are lots of other programs out there.

Quick guide

Download AntiMicro.Unzip all the files anywhere.
You can remap any stick/button on your gamepad/controller.
No need to save any files it will just work,leave AntiMicro open when playing.

1.Open AntiMicro
2.Pick which stick you want to use(I picked R Stick)
3.Select Mouse for R Stick (I picked Normal Mouse)
4.Select A:
5.Select mouse
6.Select what you want(I picked Left Mouse Button Click)
7.Repeat 4,5,6 for B Button. Select what you want(I picked Right Mouse Button Click)

step_1_2_3.jpg

step_4_5_6.jpg

step_7.jpg

• Dazmaniac, wjd1979 and SmokaSizzle like this

#2 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:21 AM

hi mate  how do i use my xbox 360 controller ,  and what is an antimicro program and do i have to use it with the controller or can i just plug n play

thanks

#3 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:46 AM

Antimicro is an application that can be used to map keyboard and mouse keys to gamepad buttons, useful for playing games with no gamepad support.(Free Program)

So all I did to use it,just unzip to where the Perfect golf game is installed and started the program.Set it up like this

Untitled.jpg

#4 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:12 AM

cheers mate,  will go and give it a try

Mate thanks for the picture as i would have been troubled on how to set it up

where do i have to install the program, does it have to be in the same folder as pg

So you can choose left or right stick-- you have shown right but can choose either

Also says save  configuration, and do i save it in the same folder,  it asks for a name- what do i save it as

thanks for sharing this with everyone

#5 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:15 AM

That's very interesting - thanks for sharing.

#6 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:21 AM

cheers mate,  will go and give it a try

Mate thanks for the picture as i would have been troubled on how to set it up

where do i have to install the program, does it have to be in the same folder as pg

So you can choose left or right stick-- you have shown right but can choose either

Also says save  configuration, and do i save it in the same folder,  it asks for a name- what do i save it as

thanks for sharing this with everyone

Download AntiMicro.Unzip all the files anywhere.
You can remap any stick/button on your gamepad/controller.
No need to save any files it will just work,leave AntiMicro open when playing.

1.Open AntiMicro
2.Pick which stick you want to use(I picked R Stick)
3.Select Mouse for R Stick (I picked Normal Mouse)
4.Select A:
5.Select mouse
6.Select what you want(I picked Left Mouse Button Click)
7.Repeat 4,5,6 for B Button.Select what you want(I picked Right Mouse Button Click)

step_1_2_3.jpg

step_4_5_6.jpg

step_7.jpg

#7 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:38 AM

I'm going to try this tomorrow - great in depth guide.

#8 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

Thanks .

I must say I am a KB mouse guy,but the 360 controller does work great in Golf games.It has made playing Perfect Golf more enjoyable for me.My tempo is off though,I keep pulling shots to the left like many others.

#9 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:57 PM

I'm going to try this tomorrow - great in depth guide.

Well, it does work (used the wired XBOX360 controller). But you still have to control the stick swing in relation the the swing meter, even though you don't have to keep the cursor within the meter as such.

It's not just a free back and forth stick swing like a lot of folks will be used to with other golf games.

Certainly not a method I personally favour (hence my non playing of TGC). From the shots I have just hit on the range, it isn't really a specifically designed controller swing, but the controller replicating what the mouse does.

You can hit decent shots, you can hit wild shots, you can top shots. I did find that although my ratio was all over the place at times, I nearly always had the swing on plane (which was also a gripe with the TGC controller swing).

;)

#10 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:52 PM

I'll definitely give this a try Gerard; I'm totally indoctrinated to thumbstick controller play in computer and video golf games and this will possibly help me get a better feel for what is possible with Perfect Golf.  Of course it won't happen in real time, which is 75% of what I miss about a real time, wireless controller interface.   I appreciate the clearly laid out user guide for this as well, although I'm a left stick thumbswing guy, especially using the XBox 360 and XB1 controllers.  The placement of the left thumbstick on those controllers is further up from the bottom of the controller and suits my long thumbs much better.  It will be easy to assign the 'mouse' action to the left thumbstick using AntiMicro from what I see in the guide.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#11 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

JC,

Indeed, Gerard's instructions are very easy to follow (thanks G) once you have downloaded the AntiMicro tool. Even I managed to follow them, lol.

It will be interesting what a proper 'controller player' makes of it. I'm just a total novice when it comes that type of play.

;)

#12 Jel

Jel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

FYI, for all Mac/OSX users you can also do the same thing with Enjoyable and a PS controller.

Enjoyable link - https://yukkurigames.com/enjoyable/

• ChickenLittle99 likes this

#13 Adam T1

Adam T1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:12 PM

I did find that although my ratio was all over the place at times, I nearly always had the swing on plane (which was also a gripe with the TGC controller swing).

;)

The TGC swing took quite a bit of practice (and sometimes staring down at the stick to hit straight), but after enough practice I can nearly convince some people that I use a modified controller. I use the wired 360 one too, will have to give this PG motion swing a go on it. For now, I kinda like the 3 click actually, the shot dispersion on it seems close to perfect. Snap assist off hasn't seemed to make mediocre shots much worse than before, so might have to drop the sweet spot a notch :)

#14 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:30 PM

Well, it does work (used the wired XBOX360 controller). But you still have to control the stick swing in relation the the swing meter, even though you don't have to keep the cursor within the meter as such.

It's not just a free back and forth stick swing like a lot of folks will be used to with other golf games.

Certainly not a method I personally favour (hence my non playing of TGC). From the shots I have just hit on the range, it isn't really a specifically designed controller swing, but the controller replicating what the mouse does.

You can hit decent shots, you can hit wild shots, you can top shots. I did find that although my ratio was all over the place at times, I nearly always had the swing on plane (which was also a gripe with the TGC controller swing).

;)

TGC controller swing is brilliant in my opinion. I hope PG adopt something very similar in the weeks ahead.
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#15 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:35 PM

TGC controller swing is brilliant in my opinion. I hope PG adopt something very similar in the weeks ahead.

K,

It is, but it is not my preferred swing. I also found that with tee shots, I could hit straight shots the majority of the time. Not sure if that was more to do with the wired XBOX360 controller I have that helped me maintain a straight vertical axis with the swing.

Not saying I was an expert, as full shots were fine, but knockdown less than 100% were a total crap shoot for me getting the right distance and power. I guess that is why I have always been a clicker, lol.

I've tried Links 2003 RTS but cannot adapt to it. I think the tempo related mechanic of PG's mouseswing is an interesting one and one we will hopefully see better adapted to game-play once it is synched with the animation and not tied in to the swingmeter as it is now. Same goes for any controller swing the implement.

;)

#16 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

Daz,
The more you use it the more you like it!
I liked the 3c method 20 years ago but we've moved on. The days of the Amiga have come and gone. ;-)
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#17 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:48 PM

I followed Gerard's tip and installed AntiMicro.  It was easy to get my XBox controller mapped to act as a mouse and I was in business in less than 5 minutes.  The translation works well, but I can't find a balance in sensitivity that feels like it needs to.  I have to take the in-game sensitivity to 1.5 to come close to getting a manageable backswing with the thumbstick, but I run out of room (out of the meter circle) at the bottom with this setting and it causes the swing to abort.  At 1.3, I can keep the cursor inside the meter circle, but for some reason, the swing that I've been conditioned to make for The Golf Club doesn't result in a foreswing that forces the cursor above the meter's scale, which it appears the motion swing has to see to consider the swing complete. 

There were a few times when I came in at 100 to 106 power, but I was always pulling the ball to the left, which I know is due to my not governing the downswing at a slower pace.  After minutes of hitting balls on the practice range, I wasn't getting any better, nor was I developing a feel for it.  I just get the notion that the thumbstick isn't going to work well with motion swing unless it's specifically calibrated/tuned for that via the game's interface.  It felt a little better to hit a ball with an analog swing in doing this, but it would be so much better in real time with the interface built to accommodate thumbstick controllers, in addition to a mouse.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#18 aftrshok99

aftrshok99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • LocationSoutheast Missouri

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:53 PM

Daz,
The more you use it the more you like it!
I liked the 3c method 20 years ago but we've moved on. The days of the Amiga have come and gone. ;-)

I like 3 click method and controller (if implemented correctly) and just because that method was 20 years ago doesn't make it not a valid option for people. Again, options are good, the more the better...lol

Courses Created with Course Forge:

Bellerive CC

Fishers Island

Forest Hills CC - WIP

#19 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:59 PM

I followed Gerard's tip and installed AntiMicro.  It was easy to get my XBox controller mapped to act as a mouse and I was in business in less than 5 minutes.  The translation works well, but I can't find a balance in sensitivity that feels like it needs to.  I have to take the in-game sensitivity to 1.5 to come close to getting a manageable backswing with the thumbstick, but I run out of room (out of the meter circle) at the bottom with this setting and it causes the swing to abort.  At 1.3, I can keep the cursor inside the meter circle, but for some reason, the swing that I've been conditioned to make for The Golf Club doesn't result in a foreswing that forces the cursor above the meter's scale, which it appears the motion swing has to see to consider the swing complete. 

There were a few times when I came in at 100 to 106 power, but I was always pulling the ball to the left, which I know is due to my not governing the downswing at a slower pace.  After minutes of hitting balls on the practice range, I wasn't getting any better, nor was I developing a feel for it.  I just get the notion that the thumbstick isn't going to work well with motion swing unless it's specifically calibrated/tuned for that via the game's interface.  It felt a little better to hit a ball with an analog swing in doing this, but it would be so much better in real time with the interface built to accommodate thumbstick controllers, in addition to a mouse.

You can also adjust mouse speed/sensitivity with the antimicro program.Quick screen  

Mouse_speed1.jpg

#20 J.H.Buchanan

J.H.Buchanan

PG Ameteur Titleist Golf Balls

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • LocationMiami Beach, Florida

Posted 25 January 2015 - 01:01 AM

This is the kind of community member that really makes a difference and solves for all or at least most the Big Huge Concern over the "Controller" issue - Good Job ... of course I'm a mouse man motion swinger but anyway ... Nice Work !!!

Little known fact when King Arthur was trying to make a golf course and he ran into some conflict. King Arthur: There's a peace only to be found on the other side of war. If that war should come I will fight it!    Other important fact. Read the Book of John in the Holy Bible. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users