#21 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:56 PM

I have always used the 3c method with links as I hate the RTS on it and use the Xbox controller in other games. I have only played on round but upon arrival home tonight I am going to play with the motion swing with the mouse as it sounds as it can be better than the Xbox option. Also it's new and new is always better but for the first week I might be wearing out the left and right side of the course and the middle of the fairway might be safe.

#22 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:02 PM

I followed Gerard's tip and installed AntiMicro.  It was easy to get my XBox controller mapped to act as a mouse and I was in business in less than 5 minutes.  The translation works well, but I can't find a balance in sensitivity that feels like it needs to.  I have to take the in-game sensitivity to 1.5 to come close to getting a manageable backswing with the thumbstick, but I run out of room (out of the meter circle) at the bottom with this setting and it causes the swing to abort.  At 1.3, I can keep the cursor inside the meter circle, but for some reason, the swing that I've been conditioned to make for The Golf Club doesn't result in a foreswing that forces the cursor above the meter's scale, which it appears the motion swing has to see to consider the swing complete. 

There were a few times when I came in at 100 to 106 power, but I was always pulling the ball to the left, which I know is due to my not governing the downswing at a slower pace.  After minutes of hitting balls on the practice range, I wasn't getting any better, nor was I developing a feel for it.  I just get the notion that the thumbstick isn't going to work well with motion swing unless it's specifically calibrated/tuned for that via the game's interface.  It felt a little better to hit a ball with an analog swing in doing this, but it would be so much better in real time with the interface built to accommodate thumbstick controllers, in addition to a mouse.

I concur with your assessment 100%!

I love the controller swing in TGC, but using this controller mod in PG just does not seem to have the same fluidity to the swing.  I will just wait for PP to develop a proper controller swing for the game.

I'm also struggling with the motion swing.   I feel like the downswing speed required to hit the shot straight is too slow in the tempo ratio.  I would like to have more of a feel of accelerating through the shot.  That was what I did not like about the RTS in Links 2003.

IMHO, the best motion swing is still to this day TrueSwing in PGA Championship Golf 2000.

-MERACE

#23 Backspin000

Backspin000

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:33 PM

I agree with MERACE about the tempo being  too slow on the downswing.  It could be because I played Tiger Woods over the years with a faster tempo and I'm having a hard time adjusting to the slow tempo.  I know its a work in progress for me and just like in real golf its not easy.

#24 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 03:22 AM

Wow! Just wow! Using the 360 controller has totally made this game for me. Totally awesome!
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#25 wiley17402 or coinbags85

wiley17402 or coinbags85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts
  • LocationYork, Pennsylvania

Posted 01 February 2015 - 03:18 AM

i was on 8.1 windows and after installed antimicro my home page was changed to a .ru website my network was changed to use proxy and my device drivers were all not working ....

anybody have similar problems...... i am not knocking the program or blaming the program just wondered ..... if anybody have the same problems

Dan "ASPYRE FOR THE WIN" Sipe

call me Dan

or wiley or wiley17402 or coinbags85 in perfect golf

#26 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 01:45 AM

No issues here, sorry.
Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#27 Harvester

Harvester

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:56 AM

I concur with your assessment 100%!

I love the controller swing in TGC, but using this controller mod in PG just does not seem to have the same fluidity to the swing.  I will just wait for PP to develop a proper controller swing for the game.

I'm also struggling with the motion swing.   I feel like the downswing speed required to hit the shot straight is too slow in the tempo ratio.  I would like to have more of a feel of accelerating through the shot.  That was what I did not like about the RTS in Links 2003.

IMHO, the best motion swing is still to this day TrueSwing in PGA Championship Golf 2000.

-MERACE

The problem I have with this program is that it breaks up the stick movement into 3 bands(zones).  Unless I'm misunderstanding something, I think that as you move the stick away from center you enter the outer 2 bands which move the mouse at a different(faster) pace.  This really isn't the same as moving the mouse back and forward.  I don't see a way of eliminating the use of these bands....but I haven't reeally spent much time looking.

#28 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 03 February 2015 - 01:45 PM

i was on 8.1 windows and after installed antimicro my home page was changed to a .ru website my network was changed to use proxy and my device drivers were all not working ....

anybody have similar problems...... i am not knocking the program or blaming the program just wondered ..... if anybody have the same problems

I wish I could help you Dan, but I'm using Windows 8.1 and didn't have any problems with antimicro.  My home page wasn't changed to a Russian website either.  I wish I could remember the route I took to install it, but I can't.

While the adapter works, it's really not something that feels anything close to right for me.  I think a lot of that is due to the motion swing not being in real time in the game though.  I hope we won't need an app like this to use a controller with Perfect Golf once it gets a real time motion swing linked to the golfer's animation.  It would be much better if thumbstick controller use was coded and tuned for the game's interface internally.

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#29 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:50 PM

I hope we won't need an app like this to use a controller with Perfect Golf once it gets a real time motion swing linked to the golfer's animation.  It would be much better if thumbstick controller use was coded and tuned for the game's interface internally.

Yes please, and I'm hoping PP will include testing by some of the beta testers who's swing preference is a game pad controller.

-MERACE
  • IanK likes this

#30 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

I like the mouse swing in this game a lot better than TGC, far too easy to hit straight and no tempo in TGC, but not tried the controller swing here yet, might try it and see what it's like.

#31 clayg17

clayg17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

ok im at the antimicro site theres a lot of stuff there

which on do I download.

9 different things to d.l

and what about this source code

does it have to be the wired controller

#32 blueblood1995

blueblood1995

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 241 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 05 February 2015 - 03:55 AM

FYI, for all Mac/OSX users you can also do the same thing with Enjoyable and a PS controller.

Enjoyable link - https://yukkurigames.com/enjoyable/

Assuming this will work with an XBOX 1 controller also?

iMac (late 2012)

3.4 GHz Intel Core i7

8GB 1600 MHz DDR3

27-inch display (2560 x 1440)

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048MB

OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

#33 clayg17

clayg17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

please I need some answers to post #31

#34 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 10:22 PM

OK I will answer.

1.Which one do I  download

If you have a windows system download.

antimicro-2.10.1-win32.zip follow directions in first post.

2.what about the source code

If you are asking then do not worry about source code

3.does it have to be a weird controller

No it can be any controller.

Also I also mentioned in first post there are many programs you can use.I just picked one and went with it.

Here are 12  other one's you can use.Covering platforms Linux/Mac/Windows

Xpadder MotioninJoy Keysticks Joystick 2 Mouse Pinnacle Game Profiler ControllerMate JoyToKey VJoy Virtual Joystick QJoyPad J2K Enjoy2 rejoystick

#35 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:53 AM

Assuming this will work with an XBOX 1 controller also?

Yes it works with my XBox One controller.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#36 clayg17

clayg17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 03:05 AM

I cant figure it out ill just wait till it comes out on xb1

#37 gerardfraser

gerardfraser

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:45 PM

There is nothing to figure out.I posted pictures in first post.Just click on the antimicro and follow the pictures.

#38 TRCThrobbinhood

TRCThrobbinhood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationMansfield England.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:17 PM

I tried this and much prefer the mouse swing, this seems to just almost eliminate horizontal movement but the mouse swing gives me much more feel the way I have my mouse set up.

#39 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 14 February 2015 - 01:44 PM

I tried this and much prefer the mouse swing, this seems to just almost eliminate horizontal movement but the mouse swing gives me much more feel the way I have my mouse set up.

One thing I learned right away about this alterative method of getting a thumbstick controller to work with PG's motion swing is that Motion Swing isn't tuned to work with this type of control input.  I was successful in getting my XBox 360 controller to produce an input that Motion Control could detect, but it was sensually obvious that Motion Swing wasn't designed to deal with the nuances of a thumbstick control input.

I certainly wouldn't use the antimicro workaround as method to gauge the potential for an honest-to-goodness, thumbstick controller motion swing control interface that was incorporated with PG's tempo dependent, motion control design basis in mind.  

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#40 clayg17

clayg17

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:11 PM

im trying to get this to work but when I get to step 3 the page dissappears

0 user(s) are reading this topic