Photo

Golf simulation - what does the future hold?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 04:37 PM

...and the reality that many PC players are disabled and not able to go to a real course, let alone setup a simulator in their dwelling.

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#22 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 05:16 PM

I would go for this one. (If I had that kind of money..lol)

Damned..

Me - Too..

That is awesome..

• JTee1 likes this

#23 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 06:03 PM

Damned..
Me - Too..
That is awesome..

That is pretty friggen awesome. That's hitting the Powerball type setup right there

#24 JTee1

JTee1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 10 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

Hopefully one day they could add something like the Tittle x. No meters just all feel and would gladly pay the Sim pass fee to play. I love the swing play and don't have the room for a full blown simulator. Which would love to have, but I live on 27 holes of golf which is free and Florida sunshine.

http://www.perfectpa...0-tittle-x-sim/

Hopefully one day.

Thought I would add some shot data to post. Obviously I have a natural fade.

https://photos.app.g...by7MScjfFGrxwe6

https://photos.app.g...QEQdb8PUAL6GXn9

https://photos.app.g...rSNHWfKLQdtbSU9

• JTee1 likes this

#25 badeddiekit

badeddiekit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:34 PM

I doubt VR has anything to offer, but AR Augmented reality will win out imo. Being able to wear a pair of glasses that can tell you you're exact distance, wind, and be able to measure your shots to give you your shot data like a launch monitor! Ya, that would be pretty damn cool!

#26 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:23 PM

I doubt VR has anything to offer, but AR Augmented reality will win out imo. Being able to wear a pair of glasses that can tell you you're exact distance, wind, and be able to measure your shots to give you your shot data like a launch monitor! Ya, that would be pretty damn cool!

I agree that AR will be very cool but I don’t see how that’s useful in terms of simulation of golf.
The whole concept of simulating the sport but not actually doing it necessitates full virtual reality to duplicate the environment, does it not?

AR Seems exceptionally cool in terms of Augmenting the playing of and practicing the real sport though.

#27 badeddiekit

badeddiekit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 07:48 PM

I agree that AR will be very cool but I don’t see how that’s useful in terms of simulation of golf.
The whole concept of simulating the sport but not actually doing it necessitates full virtual reality to duplicate the environment, does it not?

AR Seems exceptionally cool in terms of Augmenting the playing of and practicing the real sport though.

Agreed! for VR to be able to offer us anything they would have to come out with a special controller that is short enough to play in your house/room without hitting the ceiling, or breaking your wrists on the ground. The main thing is that it would have to be weighted something close to a real club however. I have TGC VR now and its all pretty cool and all, but you have to swing one handed to get any distance, and corded headsets are another PITA! With all that said, I still dont see how it would be any better than my simulator setup currently. If anything, they need to figure out a way to get us a 360 projection in the room to make you feel immersed. 

• Buck likes this

#28 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 28 September 2018 - 02:13 PM

IMO, VR is not ideal for golf due to the VR headset you have to wear.

I would very much doubt you could fully commit to full shots like you would in real life or in a full blown golf simulator. Yes it might be fun for titles like Everybody's Golf which is full out arcade golf on console (but great fun) but I wouldn't fancy tying to recreate my own real life swing playing PP wearing a VR headset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users