• Please log in to reply
1822 replies to this topic

#1301 badeddiekit

badeddiekit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2019 - 05:19 PM

One of the biggest glaring issues I can see with TGC19 is the separation of multiplayer servers for xbox, ps4, and PC. It's hard to find a foursome match regardless of which platform you are playing on. And of course, having no game lobby!

#1302 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 June 2019 - 08:58 PM

So, it's basically impossible.

That's the one thing preventing this game from being what it should be, IMO. I have better distance control in real life, lol.

It is one of the most glaring issues I have with the game, and one that could be mitigated, IMO.  As fluidly as TGC 2019's golfer animation is integrated with the swing stick movement, if the game code could simply register and factor the degrees of stick modulation as well as JNPG's RTS-C interface, it would be a much more satisfying game!   

And yes, I too can control my full swing distance much better in real life than I can in TGC 2019 :huh: ... and I'm a 12 handicapper!!

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1303 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 20 June 2019 - 09:08 PM

One of the biggest glaring issues I can see with TGC19 is the separation of multiplayer servers for xbox, ps4, and PC. It's hard to find a foursome match regardless of which platform you are playing on. And of course, having no game lobby!

Yeah, the automated matchmaking process that HBS uses for TGC 2019 leaves you guessing.  You never have a clue how many people are seeking the same type of match, so it's a bit of a lottery.  I've had maybe 3 alternate shot matches in matchmaking (Public, not Private) form, launch, and through completion.  This is out of about maybe 40 attempts.  Either we don't get enough players, the game crashes as it launches, someone either quits or drops connection at some point during the match.

The chances are much better with Private matchmaking because you've already got a group of four whom you know are interested in playing.  It just seems that with private matchmaking, there's less chance of an abort during launch.

You're right though, this game needs a lobby... big time!  I have a strong feeling that the next game in the series will have crossplay between XBox One and PC, since Microsoft is making that so much easier to do now.  That will help a lot, but a lobby just makes it sooooo much easier to show the pool of players what the pending match is all about and drum up interest in it.  You're not guessing how many are out there scouting for a game, what the status of pending games are, and you're able to answer questions or make changes about the pending matches. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1304 GodZilla

GodZilla

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 27 June 2019 - 02:58 AM

the swing mechanics suck! TGC never impressed me because of the lag in the swing response, courses are redundant too. IMO it's a shame this is current gen golf. Links 2003, TW series, and JN6GBC is still better quality than this.

#1305 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 27 June 2019 - 03:04 AM

the swing mechanics suck! TGC never impressed me because of the lag in the swing response, courses are redundant too. IMO it's a shame this is current gen golf. Links 2003, TW series, and JN6GBC is still better quality than this.

And to think, I've fallen in love with a golf game that sux as badly as TGC 2019!  It's my cross to bear though...  :wacko:  It's ironic that you mention 'lag in the swing response'.  It is the integration of the stick motion with the golfer animation in TGC 2019 that is chiefly responsible for my preferring it to JNPG :huh:   I guess it shows how radically our perceptions vary as humans.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1306 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 27 June 2019 - 07:06 AM

Hmm i see no lag in the swing either its pretty much 1 to 1   Not that any of that makes up for the short game failings and lack of feel to the game.  He is quite correct about the current gen of golf games though, very poor, but why make a golf game when you could be making the next huge battle Royale game and reaping the rewards, there is no money in golf games.

• ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1307 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 28 June 2019 - 02:51 PM

Hmm i see no lag in the swing either its pretty much 1 to 1   Not that any of that makes up for the short game failings and lack of feel to the game.  He is quite correct about the current gen of golf games though, very poor, but why make a golf game when you could be making the next huge battle Royale game and reaping the rewards, there is no money in golf games.

Thanks for your confirmation on not seeing animation lag.  I don't see it on either the PC version, even with my relatively modest PC gaming system (specs in sigline below), nor my XBox One X.  I will admit though that the animation both looks and feels better in the PC version, where I'm seeing 55 to 65 FPS.  

You talk about lack of feel in the game and I agree that's its biggest shortcoming.  I do find some degree of feel in the putting game, and to a lesser extent, the chipping game.  Where I'm really disappointed in it is its lack of feel in the pitching game.  It's impossible to hit a 60% pitch, for example.  You're better off switching out your pitching wedge and going with a lofted full pitch with a lob wedge.   It's weird because in the original TGC game, I could play a partial pitch shot with an unlofted pitching wedge :huh:

• Greensboronclion likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1308 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:00 PM

well i gave in and bought this, so far im hitting it straight using the mouse.

i need a controller whats good for this game?

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#1309 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 09 July 2019 - 08:39 PM

I just use a wireless (hooked up wired to usb port) xbox controller. I think you'll find many games are coded to use the xbox or playstation out of the box and never have to do anything but i'm not sure about other controllers because I only buy xbox.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#1310 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 11:18 AM

well i have learned how to play motion swing with my mouse quite easy.

im not impressed at all with the graphics as i don't think they are near as good and lifelike as they are here.

however i do understand why so many are leaving JNPG there is just so much more you can do there.

• cajuncapgun likes this

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#1311 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 July 2019 - 04:54 PM

well i gave in and bought this, so far im hitting it straight using the mouse.

i need a controller whats good for this game?

You might find that the XBox 360 controller works best for you.  I know it works great with the PC version of the game, but I also have an XBox Elite controller which I prefer on both the PC and XBox One X version of the game.  It's not $90 better than the XBox 360 controller for TGC 2019 on the PC though.  I'd say go with an XBox 360 controller.

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1312 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 10 July 2019 - 08:30 PM

You might find that the XBox 360 controller works best for you.  I know it works great with the PC version of the game, but I also have an XBox Elite controller which I prefer on both the PC and XBox One X version of the game.  It's not $90 better than the XBox 360 controller for TGC 2019 on the PC though.  I'd say go with an XBox 360 controller.

Dave, I should add to this... if you go with an XBox 360 controller for use with a PC, you'll either have to go with a wired version of the controller, or buy a wireless gaming receiver for your PC if you go with a wireless controller.  Here's a link to a receiver:  

https://www.newegg.c...wE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Now that I'm looking at this closer though, the wired XBox 360 controllers are in short supply.  There are plenty of knock off versions of them around, but who knows what you're getting when you go that route. I just know the Microsoft brand is rock solid.   I've played TGC 2019 on the PC with and XBox One controller (and they can all work wired with a micro USB cable, or wireless).  It works good also, but doesn't feel quite as solid to me as and XBox 360 controlller.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1313 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 10 July 2019 - 10:14 PM

well after playing 5hrs today i must say i think i now have 2 golf titles

im enjoying been using the starter equipment i had a blast, only played 2 full rounds

the first one i was 6 over the second i played Scotsdale and only had 3 bogies ,6 birds and an eagle .

it plays just like the first edition of the game. using a borrowed ps4 controller. well PP you got some competition 

here as there is just so much to do on that game and not much happening here. like the offical tourneys here

none anymore. no wonder so many are leaving and showing up over there. i still think the graphics here are better 

but TGC ain't to bad either, and the game runs so smoothly on my machine.

• Greensboronclion likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#1314 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:05 PM

well after playing 5hrs today i must say i think i now have 2 golf titles

im enjoying been using the starter equipment i had a blast, only played 2 full rounds

the first one i was 6 over the second i played Scotsdale and only had 3 bogies ,6 birds and an eagle .

it plays just like the first edition of the game. using a borrowed ps4 controller. well PP you got some competition 

here as there is just so much to do on that game and not much happening here. like the offical tourneys here

none anymore. no wonder so many are leaving and showing up over there. i still think the graphics here are better 

but TGC ain't to bad either, and the game runs so smoothly on my machine.

Dave, let me recommend a relatively new course to you that might give you a new perspective on what you see as a sizeable gap between TGC 2019 and JNPG's course graphics.  Royal Portrush 2019 Open, by Yeltzman was a stunner for me.  It's a great recreation of the real course and the tournament atmoshpere is second to none!  If you take the notion to play it, I'd like to read your reactions to it  :)

I can't always put my finger on which game has the best graphics.  JNPG clearly has a wider variety and palette of obects that can be put on any course, but the golfer looks like something out of The Zombie Apocalypse, and whose animation doesn't sync up with the controller movement as fluidly as TGC 2019.  I also like the variety of 3D rough that TGC 2019 offers, even though JNPG is getting some aftermarket user 3D rough now, it looks considerably more homogenous than what I see in TGC 2019.  I like JNPG's overall course object uniqueness and ability to custom make fairway and green textures, but it's close to an overall toss up for me in the overall grand scheme for what floats the boat for me.  The golfer look and more tightly synced and fluid golfer animation of TGC 2019 is what has me playing that game 90% of the time.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1315 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

Yeltzman has always been at the top when it comes to designers at TGC. i enjoyed all his courses in the first version of the game

the course is a nice one well done, and the graphics are a step above a lot of the courses i have looked at over there.

as for the avatar it is in sync for the swings a lot better then what we have here. im not going to use either forum to pick apart the games.

the only thing i see is it will take awhile to learn the bounce and roll on TGC it is so much different then what we have here, but just a matter of time to figure it out better.

i to can see myself spending a lot of time on the TGC game as there is just so much more to do compared to the stagnant  setting this game seems to be in.

i think it is time for PP to get on the ball here or many more will be migrating over to TGC.

the other reason i chose to get moving on TGC was i don't see much of a lifespan here and i just got to have a good golf game to play

would be lost without my daily play, and i now consider TGC to be up there with PP when it comes to the gameplay.

i will be working on my game over there a lot now that i took the plunge so maybe sometime we can get together for a round or two.

Klipsch Sound System

#1316 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 12 July 2019 - 06:40 PM

oh well bye,bye as i have now migrated to TGC even as far as uninstalling my JNPG

just not enough happening here nor in the game to have to put up with all the downloading and things.

besides i don't want to be here when it gets turned off. have fun fella's as it has been a lot of fun for me but with close 

to 9000 hours in i have become bored to death with it.

peace

Klipsch Sound System

#1317 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:10 PM

oh well bye,bye as i have now migrated to TGC even as far as uninstalling my JNPG
just not enough happening here nor in the game to have to put up with all the downloading and things.
besides i don't want to be here when it gets turned off. have fun fella's as it has been a lot of fun for me but with close 
to 9000 hours in i have become bored to death with it.
peace

I wouldn't totally give up on JNPG Dave as gameplay wise it's still the king but no bells and whistles. I play both and play at least one tournament at JNPG each week but I mix it up. One round I might play MS and another 3C then try some RTSM just to keep interest. What I play the most at TGC 2019 is career mode as the crowds and commentary make it fun and I always enjoyed a career mode and JNPG didn't satisfy that. As I said I prefer the PC to console but have both but play career on PC. I use a wired Xbox360 controller with an extension USB cable so I can play in my recliner. As I said enjoy but don't give up on JNPG.

#1318 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:34 PM

I wouldn't totally give up on JNPG Dave as gameplay wise it's still the king but no bells and whistles. I play both and play at least one tournament at JNPG each week but I mix it up. One round I might play MS and another 3C then try some RTSM just to keep interest. What I play the most at TGC 2019 is career mode as the crowds and commentary make it fun and I always enjoyed a career mode and JNPG didn't satisfy that. As I said I prefer the PC to console but have both but play career on PC. I use a wired Xbox360 controller with an extension USB cable so I can play in my recliner. As I said enjoy but don't give up on JNPG.

the gameplay on TGC 19 is just great and i rate both of these game to be 

right up there in that department. the thing is just in getting used to it.

i can post bads about both , or should i say things i don't care for, yet to see a ball back up over 10 feet on TGC and i have been trying to make it happen, and then the ball roll out on TGC seems a little strange to me at times.

Klipsch Sound System

#1319 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

I have no idea why people are worried if they shut the servers down, people must have never heard of hackers. 

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

#1320 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:04 PM

Yeltzman has always been at the top when it comes to designers at TGC. i enjoyed all his courses in the first version of the game

the course is a nice one well done, and the graphics are a step above a lot of the courses i have looked at over there.

as for the avatar it is in sync for the swings a lot better then what we have here. im not going to use either forum to pick apart the games.

the only thing i see is it will take awhile to learn the bounce and roll on TGC it is so much different then what we have here, but just a matter of time to figure it out better.

i to can see myself spending a lot of time on the TGC game as there is just so much more to do compared to the stagnant  setting this game seems to be in.

i think it is time for PP to get on the ball here or many more will be migrating over to TGC.

the other reason i chose to get moving on TGC was i don't see much of a lifespan here and i just got to have a good golf game to play

would be lost without my daily play, and i now consider TGC to be up there with PP when it comes to the gameplay.

i will be working on my game over there a lot now that i took the plunge so maybe sometime we can get together for a round or two.

His version of Hazeltine was good but could have been better.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X