Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 July 2019 - 06:48 PM

the gameplay on TGC 19 is just great and i rate both of these game to be 

right up there in that department. the thing is just in getting used to it.

i can post bads about both , or should i say things i don't care for, yet to see a ball back up over 10 feet on TGC and i have been trying to make it happen, and then the ball roll out on TGC seems a little strange to me at times.

At TGC with firm greens its pretty tough to stop it or draw it back but easier at softer greens.  The roll out you get used to and learn to play shots that roll up to the pin and to put loft on the shot to stop it quicker.  No doubt that PG is much better at this aspect of the game but just not as immersive a game as TGC imho.  I love them both for what they bring to the table and played two rounds today one at the TGC Am level event and shot -4 and my career mode at the Players club where I shot -1 and that's where I sit after  rounds there.  Again the career mode is really something I miss at PG.

#1322 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 16 July 2019 - 10:57 PM

I deleted the game  weeks ago, just can't get passed the terrible short game, kills the whole experience for me .

• Charles and Jesus Jones like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1323 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 11:15 PM

I deleted the game weeks ago, just can't get passed the terrible short game, kills the whole experience for me .

That’s how I feel about the putting (with controller) in JNPG.

-MERACE

#1324 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 17 July 2019 - 10:37 AM

That’s how I feel about the putting (with controller) in JNPG.

-MERACE

You are doing it wrong then because i can putt just fine in PG, once you learn it...no problem!

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1325 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

Agree with DogGs above.

Putting in PG on RTS-C is fantastic for me.
It’s one of my favorite things about PG actually.

The touch and nuance you can impart and that putting demands are well represented and the reward for getting the right line and speed and sinking the putt are really outstanding and honestly a bit addicting.

#1326 Mulligan

Mulligan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • LocationVirtual Private Network

Posted 17 July 2019 - 02:45 PM

I have no idea why people are worried if they shut the servers down, people must have never heard of hackers. 

We have. We've also heard of lawyers.

#1327 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 17 July 2019 - 05:48 PM

I still prefer TGC putting over JNPG. 🤔

-MERACE
  • ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#1328 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 17 July 2019 - 07:38 PM

I still prefer TGC putting over JNPG.

-MERACE

I don't mind the putting in TGC its ok, not sure why they bother with the lag marker though, been there since the first game and i don't really see a point to it, strange addition.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1329 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 18 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

We have. We've also heard of lawyers.

I don't think anyone is scared by that post.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#1330 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 19 July 2019 - 02:56 AM

for any who would like to see how the game play works on the TGC2019 game here is a video here of a live match play between myself and another TGC player. take a look i just got past my first 100 hours on the game and having a blast with it just like this game another time i can say the best 20 bucks i have spent.lol

second night i have played this lady last night we tied, tonight i got her on the 18 hole.

https://www.twitch.tv/davefv92c102/videos

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#1331 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:53 AM

I had a blast with it for about 100 hours. Couldn't get over the short game. Chipping just randomly did the stupidest shit and within 30 yards I was rarely outside 5 feet on flops.

Flops are one of the hardest shots in that you have to have the right bounce wedge for the lie and if your club is 1 cm lower than it might not even move and if you make contact with the ball too low on the face it's way over the green. I couldn't handle that core discrepancy.

In JNPG I have a healthy respect for the flip and I have to take care to hit it right.

#1332 Drgnslyr221

Drgnslyr221

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • LocationLakewood, CO

Posted 19 July 2019 - 03:58 AM

Oh, and the bunkers. Those bunkers make me want to kill Otters!

#1333 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:58 AM

got to agree the sand traps are a weak point, as for the game play

i don't mind it a bit. these are GAMES and no 2 are going to be the same

what one person may think is right another is going to think it is wrong i'm good

with that. i have not been back to JNPG and won't be till something big happens to the game.

which i just don't see happening in the near future, maybe if they sold it to a real gaming outfit and it makes some sort of progress or TGC goes down,which i dont see that happening. it is great being at a 1 stop spot where i don't have to wonder all over the web to do things not to mention  all the updating and downloading of course's that has to be done. the designers are the biggest plus here. but there need to be more like Larry (Axe360) if many of you have watched the guy may spend a long time putting together a course but very seldom will you see an update from him as he makes sure his courses are ready the first time he releases them.

got to stand my ground on this one fella's just a matter of principal at this point.

no news, no progress,no play.

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

Klipsch Sound System

#1334 Affo

Affo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSouth Coast, UK

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:22 PM

But around the green and putting...two of the most important parts of the game..sadly very lacking.

I agree TGC has much more to offer with content etc, but if the swing mechanics and physics aren't there....(and no, JNPG isn't perfect either, just imho, better)

• Buck and Charles like this

https://www.youtube....NUPOrdgs0U6nODQ

http://affo1.emyspot.com/ for JNPG stats from OGT and PGLS

MSI Apache Pro GE62 2QF, i7 5700HQ, 16GB DDR, GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5, 1 TB HDD 7200rpm, 128GB SSD

Intel i7-8700 CPU @ 3.2GHz, 16GB DDR, GTX 1060 6GB

#1335 cajuncapgun

cajuncapgun

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • LocationPearl River ,La

Posted 19 July 2019 - 11:10 PM

Dave check out some these designers work, pretty good Lidar courses in TGC 2019.........Kent shaffer, Craig LeVasseur, Terry Grayson and Rod Simpson

• ✠ davef ✠ and Greensboronclion like this

NZXT Photon 410 Tower /     2x MSI Geoforce GTX 980 /     I7-4790K Processor /    Asus Z97-A Motherboard /    G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3

#1336 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:21 AM

I have no issues putting with a controller in either game and DoGgs gave a lot of tips for JNPG that helped. I really for a strange reason like the putting at TGC 2019 but agree the chipping and sand game needs a lot of work but not enough to deter me from playing. In JNPG the short game playing RTS is challenging and very much fun but I find clicking to be boring as hell as it's all about hitting the bottom and not as much feel like RTS. If TGC can fix some things for it's next release it could be a killer game down the line as there is no headaches of downloading and the game does run smooth. Sadly JNPG with a career and complete could have been the game we all wer looking for but sadly it never happened. Come on we don't even have crowds and even Links had that.
  • cajuncapgun likes this

#1337 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 12:23 AM

Dave check out some these designers work, pretty good Lidar courses in TGC 2019.........Kent shaffer, Craig LeVasseur, Terry Grayson and Rod Simpson

not paid that much attn to the names but i have played some of the lidar courses, and you are right very good work over there by many designers. im going to write down these names and search some of their work out, and be looking to use them in the group tourney's

thanks much

• cajuncapgun likes this

Klipsch Sound System

#1338 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 20 July 2019 - 02:29 PM

Nice dress sense you got  there in that video,  Dave!  :P

• ✠ davef ✠ likes this

#1339 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 03:52 PM

Here is a list of a few more designers to check out. A few of them have some real courses done with lidar. But actually the ones I like are their fantasy courses that could actually be real courses. Not just some whacked out fantasy course.

Andre Quenneville     (Crazycanuck1985)

Adam Benjamin     (Arcticfury85)

Brandon Pugh     (friendBOMBER)

Brian Petty     (bspetty)

Plus, if you're not aware of the CC design contest here are just a few that have been released.

Pacific spirits golf club
Lake Sophia GC
OL' ROCKY TOP

Also here is a link where you can find the courses that have been released

• cajuncapgun likes this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#1340 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 04:34 PM

justin

thanks so much for all the links looks like i got a lot to try out.

thanks again

Klipsch Sound System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users