1822 replies to this topic

#1801 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 08:55 AM

Ed, this is not the kind of language we use around here. JCat is a valued long-time contributor to this forum - and one of the very few who keep it going. His opinions are known and respected, his advice about PG and TGC is always welcomed. It is absolutely possible, and actually laudable, to see the strengths and weaknesses of both games and to discuss them openly. No trolling please.

• Mike Jones, JoeF, Buck and 2 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#1802 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 05 June 2020 - 01:43 PM

And as this IS the Off Topic forum that means we are free to discuss anything here including other golf games.

Sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#1803 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

JCat, why don't you take your TGC shit to the TGC and stop posting on a rival site. You seem to think you have a room here to promote their game. Putting it nicely, go away or play this game. Ed

Whoa... where did this come from!?  What's ironic is I get this same sentiment levied against me from the other side of the aisle in the TGC's "Off Topic" Forum's "Perfect Golf" thread, which BTW, has almost 1.6 million page views, by far and away the most viewed thread on the site by a factor of 20!  Why do I discuss TGC here (and if you'll notice I didn't create either of the TGC threads running here in the "Off Topic" section)?  Because I can discuss it more freely and critically here than I can in the official forum, where some of the stuff I say about it here would be deleted or edited.  I discuss Perfect Golf in the TGC forum's Off Topic section because I can air my views of how TGC could benefit from modeling some of Perfect Golf's positive traits with those who prefer TGC, yet may not be aware of some of what they're missing in Perfect Golf.

There was a time back in 2014 when there was a thread going here before they had an Off Topic section and I got pulled into a discussion about TGC.  I commented on it four or five times and received a PM from one of the mods politely asking me to try to discuss Perfect Golf (which hadn't been released yet) more.  I saw his point and honored his wish because the thread fell under a "Perfect Golf" subheading.  A year later the "Off Topic" section opened here and someone started a TGC thread there.  I never read any complaint from any moderator or administrator about it here, and in fact, both Andrew Jones and Mike Jones commented and responded in it in an objective fashion.  That's when I took it that the topic of TGC was kosher for discussion in the Off Topic thread.

Having said all the above, if you still have a problem with me discussing it here, I'll honor your wishes and cease discussion of TGC here in the Off Topic section.

Oh, and I do still occasionally play Perfect Golf, in fact I preferred Perfect Golf to the original TGC.  It wasn't until TGC 2 came along that it took a slight edge over PG.  If Perfect Golf was the only golf game available to me I'd be content with it.

• Buck likes this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1804 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:25 PM

Ed, this is not the kind of language we use around here. JCat is a valued long-time contributor to this forum - and one of the very few who keep it going. His opinions are known and respected, his advice about PG and TGC is always welcomed. It is absolutely possible, and actually laudable, to see the strengths and weaknesses of both games and to discuss them openly. No trolling please.

Thanks Kablammo11, it means a lot to me to have the designer who first established themselves as a "master" in Perfect Golf to get my back on this.  Some of your courses have the most entrancing, metaphysical qualities, like hearing the distant voice of Karen Carpenter in the distance as I teed it up on one of your courses!  I try to keep it objective and if I ever come across as appearing to disparage PG in this, or any other thread, then I'm not representing my views properly.

• Buck likes this

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1805 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:35 PM

And as this IS the Off Topic forum that means we are free to discuss anything here including other golf games.

Sam

Sam, your post reminded me that we are free to discuss anything, well, outside of religion and politics, in the Off Topic section.  We're also free to not read discussions that don't  appeal to us.  I'll see topics started here that don't interest me and I'll just pass on them.  In SteadiEddie's defense though, if he sees my discussing of TGC here purely as a shill like promotion of the product, then I've failed in my mission in trying to engage in an objective discussion.

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1806 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 05 June 2020 - 04:44 PM

JCat, why don't you take your TGC shit to the TGC and stop posting on a rival site. You seem to think you have a room here to promote their game. Putting it nicely, go away or play this game. Ed

"Ed" - Get out of here with this tone and language please.

JC is one of the nicest guys around and in no way deserves your flamethrower directed at him.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#1807 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 06 June 2020 - 12:04 AM

Whoa... where did this come from!? What's ironic is I get this same sentiment levied against me from the other side of the aisle in the TGC's "Off Topic" Forum's "Perfect Golf" thread, which BTW, has almost 1.6 million page views, by far and away the most viewed thread on the site by a factor of 20! Why do I discuss TGC here (and if you'll notice I didn't create either of the TGC threads running here in the "Off Topic" section)? Because I can discuss it more freely and critically here than I can in the official forum, where some of the stuff I say about it here would be deleted or edited. I discuss Perfect Golf in the TGC forum's Off Topic section because I can air my views of how TGC could benefit from modeling some of Perfect Golf's positive traits with those who prefer TGC, yet may not be aware of some of what they're missing in Perfect Golf.

There was a time back in 2014 when there was a thread going here before they had an Off Topic section and I got pulled into a discussion about TGC. I commented on it four or five times and received a PM from one of the mods politely asking me to try to discuss Perfect Golf (which hadn't been released yet) more. I saw his point and honored his wish because the thread fell under a "Perfect Golf" subheading. A year later the "Off Topic" section opened here and someone started a TGC thread there. I never read any complaint from any moderator or administrator about it here, and in fact, both Andrew Jones and Mike Jones commented and responded in it in an objective fashion. That's when I took it that the topic of TGC was kosher for discussion in the Off Topic thread.

Having said all the above, if you still have a problem with me discussing it here, I'll honor your wishes and cease discussion of TGC here in the Off Topic section.

Oh, and I do still occasionally play Perfect Golf, in fact I preferred Perfect Golf to the original TGC. It wasn't until TGC 2 came along that it took a slight edge over PG. If Perfect Golf was the only golf game available to me I'd be content with it.

Orrrrr.... you could tell him to go pound sand.

#1808 SteadiEddie

SteadiEddie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 34 posts
  • LocationCorowa,NSW, Australia

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:12 AM

You few fellas totally disrespect all the hard work by the Jones boys and all the course designers for Perfect Golf. Thank God your just a small rabble.  Buck, the shit you have posted in the Forum and in PM's over the years makes me look like a boy scout.  Respect is a word foreign to you fella.

#1809 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:09 AM

Why so much angst lately at this place?

Quarantine cabin fever? Civil unrest in America? Some kind of gypsy curse?

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1810 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:18 AM

You few fellas totally disrespect all the hard work by the Jones boys and all the course designers for Perfect Golf. 

Not true.  Not one bit.

We all have tremendous respect for what Andrew and Mike accomplished here.

#1811 Ted_Ball

Ted_Ball

RTS-H Pro

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts
  • LocationWest End, Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Posted 06 June 2020 - 03:47 AM

Strewth Steadie. Don't stir K11 up.

Take it easy sport and look after yourself.

#1812 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 06 June 2020 - 04:04 AM

It's a 2k thread, some of us play both games, and it recently announced an update, so I don't see why we wouldn't talk about it.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#1813 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:26 PM

Not true.  Not one bit.

We all have tremendous respect for what Andrew and Mike accomplished here.

That’s true but there is absolutely no reason or justification to just abandon this forum and it’s supporters. It makes my blood boil that we can ask a simple question to either one of them and get no response. 

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#1814 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 June 2020 - 01:56 PM

You few fellas totally disrespect all the hard work by the Jones boys and all the course designers for Perfect Golf. Thank God your just a small rabble.  Buck, the shit you have posted in the Forum and in PM's over the years makes me look like a boy scout.  Respect is a word foreign to you fella.

How does it disrespect the hard work that Mike and Andrew, among others, have put into this game to compare, contrast, and discuss one of their competing products here in an "Off Topic" section?  If they had a problem with it they would have closed the thread a long time ago.  I think they're operating under the philosophy of general Sun Tzu, "keep your friends close but your enemies closer."  If you'll read what Mike said in this post in December of 2016, he's confident of how well his product would hold its own when compared to others:

sted 02 December 2016 - 11:03 AM

"Please use the main thread comparing golf games. we have no problem here discussing the merits of other games and welcome discussions but obviously when someone new comes on to the form and either starts lots of threads comparing other games or posts in years old threads you might understand that some people would see your posts as being less than genuine.

http://www.perfectpa...golf-club-game/

Enjoy our forums and please stick around. Hopefully you will purchase the game and form your own opinions."

http://www.perfectpa...stion/?p=119283

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1815 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:26 PM

Orrrrr.... you could tell him to go pound sand.

And that would probably get me taken off his Christmas Card list for sure!  :)

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1816 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 06 June 2020 - 02:55 PM

That’s true but there is absolutely no reason or justification to just abandon this forum and it’s supporters. It makes my blood boil that we can ask a simple question to either one of them and get no response. 

It's a fair point Ian, I agree.

I don't understand why their TrackMan roles preclude them from participating here...particularly in the posts where the likes of DP and Birdie (and many others) have showcased such incredible tweaks and new techniques to really things forward.

Honestly, whatever Birdie has been up to with Manila -- he's created the very best "looks" I've ever seen out of PG (v1 or v2 with TM)

#1817 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 09 June 2020 - 10:58 AM

Pipe down and give it a rest....  who pissed in your cornflakes?  You don't like the thread topic, move on.   And let's not post about respect, it is pretty obvious you have NONE to other posters on this site.   THIS IS OFF TOPIC ya Git!  

• scajjr29, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#1818 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 11 June 2020 - 05:45 AM

Wow...JCAT getting roasted!  He has to be the most diplomatic voice in either forum, decent guy.  Sorry you had to read that JCAT, totally unwarranted.  Not like PG and TGC are in competition with each other, PG progression died a long time ago and this forum is only good for the amazing work done by the likes of DPR who is virtually dragging this sorry game off its knees.

• scajjr29, RobV and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#1819 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:47 PM

Wow...JCAT getting roasted!  He has to be the most diplomatic voice in either forum, decent guy.  Sorry you had to read that JCAT, totally unwarranted.  Not like PG and TGC are in competition with each other, PG progression died a long time ago and this forum is only good for the amazing work done by the likes of DPR who is virtually dragging this sorry game off its knees.

It's not the first time and won't be the last DoGgs, I've got thick skin and like a spirited discussion.  Unfortunately here, I was unable to initiate a meaningful dialog with SteadiEddie other than him coming back and saying that I, among others, were disrespecting Mike and Andrew by having this discussion here. I replied to his accusation of it being disrespectful, and why I didn't see it that way, but he ended the discussion there.  Apparently he still thinks it's disrespectful, and I can at least acknowledge his position and respect his opinion to see it that way. 

8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#1820 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 June 2020 - 06:58 PM

Unfortunately here, I was unable to initiate a meaningful dialog with SteadiEddie

Meaningful dialogue is going to be hard, if not impossible, with someone using that tone and language as a starting point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users