#82 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 March 2020 - 07:34 PM

This would be an excellent starting point. I don't know what happened to bring this venture to a screeching halt. I have known MJ for a lot of years and have had several e-mail conversations with him during that time. I do not know how involved he is, if he is at all, with this project. However, I do feel that he or Andrew at least owe this community an explanation as to what the status of PG actually is. Good or Bad, we all who have supported this project this long, deserve that much. I can't speak for Andrew (don't know much about him), but MJ has always been a square shooter. You know, a guy with integrity. So come on guys, one or both of you lay it out for us, we can take it.

• J_Schollmeyer likes this

#83 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 04 March 2020 - 11:09 PM

Simulator Money specifically is why this game was made and sold, not us. We were just the testing chimpanzees!

• Hammerfest and IanK like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#84 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 March 2020 - 02:28 AM

I see why nobody makes golf games by the way.

Nobody wants to pay anything but then is upset with no updates?

We paid $20-30 for this game like 4 or 5 years ago now.  We don't even deserve any updates at this point based upon that level of contribution.

The people who should be getting paid by us now are the course designers.

Any new or updated PC golf game from PP or TM will absolutely need to be a brand new purchase or new model (subscription).  

It'd be way more than time for that again.

I think all of us would be more than eager to pay a market price for this venture. Remember the developers set the price not us. Which makes me think that they knew something that we did not, at the time that it was released. In its present state it is probably worth 30 to 40 dollars. Keep in mind that you can not include the custom designs to put a value on it. This project had all earmarks of being great and maybe the best ever. I think "Tragedy" is the best word to describe this unfortunate situation.

#85 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 March 2020 - 05:24 PM

The real tragedy is that it's been almost 4 days since there's been a post in this forum section :o  Sadly, it reflects the overall state of interest in golf gaming right now :(

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#86 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 08 March 2020 - 06:16 PM

The real tragedy is that it's been almost 4 days since there's been a post in this forum section :o  Sadly, it reflects the overall state of interest in golf gaming right now :(

Golf in general i think, My club and many other private courses in my area have now opened their doors to non members.  As the older generation die off younger people are not showing the same level of interest in the game, my course is so quiet these days i can often complete a round and barely see another golfer.  Another 5-10 years and it will be closed for housing development, guarantee it.  All this of course will translate over to golf games also.

• cajuncapgun, MERACE and Greensboronclion like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#87 JCat04

JCat04

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts
  • LocationRock Hill, SC

Posted 08 March 2020 - 11:13 PM

Golf in general i think, My club and many other private courses in my area have now opened their doors to non members.  As the older generation die off younger people are not showing the same level of interest in the game, my course is so quiet these days i can often complete a round and barely see another golfer.  Another 5-10 years and it will be closed for housing development, guarantee it.  All this of course will translate over to golf games also.

You're absolutely correct about golf, in general, being in decline.  My favorite local course closed a few years ago and is now a housing development.  Two other courses within 10 miles of me have also closed in the last five years.  I'm also not seeing much interest in golf from the millennials.  I have a son who is 32 and one 25, and even with my rabid interest in golf, neither of them cares a thing about it, IRL or cyber golf.  My 25 year will on occasion, play Golf With Your Friends (if you seen it, you know how whimsically over the top it is) on Steam.  They both comment on the look of a course, or some particular shot they see, when they see me playing, but I can't get them to sit down an even try nine holes with me :unsure:

• MERACE and Greensboronclion like this

Intel Core i5-4440 3.1 GHz 
Geforce GTX 1060 3 GB SC Gaming, ACX 2.0
8GB PC-1600 DDR3 RAM
Windows 10 64 bit

#88 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 March 2020 - 12:46 AM

We see it big time here in the Myrtle Beach area. The Grand Strand once had over 130 courses now down to 80 something. In their place are Condo and single family homes and more will close. Young people don't play and ten years ago if you didn't have a tee time you didn't get on and rounds took five hours and now I can walk on and play anytime. Sad what's happened to the sport we love but unfortunately the worse is yet to come.

#89 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:22 AM

Yep and we wonder why EA are not jumping back on board with their golf series, they need to make money at the end of the day, that's why FiFA is still going strong and will continue to do so for many years to come,  Football/soccer being the most popular global sport guarantees that.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#90 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:13 AM

I also think Golf has actually priced the casual golfer out of the game.   Cars, rent or mortgages payments make golf a entertainment expense many cant afford  Also before Arnold Palmer - golf was a rich mans game.   I think the game is reverting back to by gone days.  Just my opinion.

• Joe Habiger, LeazesNDR, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#91 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:13 AM

Now is actually the best time to get into golf, doors opening by clubs that were always selective member only, 2 clubs in my area now are constantly advertising offers for the course and driving range...

driving range - 50 balls and a pint of beer for £5 ( about $3.75 )

£10 unlimited holes ( shows how quiet the course is now )

£10 18 holes plus free cart

To play these courses before you had to either be a member or play with a member providing you could produce your handicap from another club..How times have changed!

My membership has come down from £570 per year to £265 that's a massive drop.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#92 ✠ davef ✠

✠ davef ✠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,122 posts
  • LocationCouncil Bluffs, Ia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:11 PM

yep golf is a sport that the younguns are not taking up at all.

used to be a rich mans game but now it is lets make a deal time.

the local fox channel where i live has a golf card where for 49.95 you get 

6 rounds on 6 different local courses now that is cheep for folks who carry their own clubs or pull a cart around

8 bucks and change a round. i remember when i was a kid we had a course walking distance from where i lived

and on Wednesdays you could spend 8 bucks and play all you wanted from the age of 10 to 14  that is where i was at

every Wednesday weather permitted. in them days my parents owned a retail golf store and all my friends also played.

now days i think people even have a hard time finding friends to play with. 

CUK Mantis Gamer PC (Liquid Cooled Intel Core i9,10 Core                            MSI GF75 Thin 17" Laptop

32GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD + 2TB HDD                                                          I5 8GB Ram GTX1650 

NVIDIA RTX 2070 8GB OC, 600W PSU, AC WiFi, Windows 11                           144 Hz Windows 11

VIOTEK 35" CURVED  144HZ-200HZ OC MONITOR

Seagate 4TB External Hard Drive

Klipsch Sound System

BENCHMARKS-https://www.userbenc...serRun/38611652  

#93 jurgie

jurgie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 08:16 PM

Well said Dr. Rob.

Not only well said, but you can take what was said to the bank.

#94 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:21 PM

In the heyday of CC Golf some of the most exclusive courses charged a ridiculous fee just to be a member but those days are long gone.  I grew up as a caddy in Western Pennsylvania and caddied at Sunnehanna CC home of the Sunnehanna Amatuer and at Laural Valley CC which was a course owned by Arnold Palmer and the ultra rich played these courses but today the not so Rich but still well to do play their and membership Initiation fees are all but trivial.  Places like the above had rules that you had to be accepted and sometimes entry fees approaching 100 grand but today I know that 10 Grand will do it.  My how the game has changed especially for the Big Time CC's.

#95 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 12:38 AM

My how the game has changed especially for the Big Time CC's.

What goes around comes around.

So much of CC "culture" over the years has been an immense turn off to so many.

#96 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 08:16 AM

They are reaping what they sow. The 'culture' is a killer for young people, and the obsession with 'correct' dress is the worst.

Vividly remember being refused access to Mornington GC (Oz, Victoria) because my pants didn't have a pressed crease, and my collared shirt was soft cotton.

Had driven a long way, so went to the local cheap clothing store, bought light brown pressed pants and a lime green collared business shirt for less than $20. Truly hideous combination.

Returned to course and was told 'that's much better' and was allowed on.

Young people would never put up with such arbitrary and mindless crap. Don't blame them.

• Buck likes this

#97 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:09 AM

Pressed crease and soft cotton?  That's too far.  Even if they're that serious I would've thought a warning to do better next time would suffice.  Maybe they're a cashed up club who can afford to turn people away.  On the other hand my local has been letting people in jeans on (hopefully with a warning.)

Maybe golf will adopt the tennis strategy and push team events hard.  Davis Cup, ATP Cup, Laver Cup...they've all been successful, so far.  The Presidents Cup looked well attended in Melbourne.

#98 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:16 AM

Now is actually the best time to get into golf, doors opening by clubs that were always selective member only, 2 clubs in my area now are constantly advertising offers for the course and driving range...

driving range - 50 balls and a pint of beer for £5 ( about $3.75 )

£10 unlimited holes ( shows how quiet the course is now )

£10 18 holes plus free cart

To play these courses before you had to either be a member or play with a member providing you could produce your handicap from another club..How times have changed!

My membership has come down from £570 per year to £265 that's a massive drop.

Pretty much the same at my local club everything except the yearly subs - gone up to a mouth-watering £720 !  And we are not an exclusive club either.  Seiously got me wondering whether to give this year a miss...

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#99 Mailman

Mailman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
  • LocationCounty Durham, UK

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:20 AM

Had driven a long way, so went to the local cheap clothing store, bought light brown pressed pants and a lime green collared business shirt for less than $20. Truly hideous combination.

So you've finally taken the hint and decided to smarten yourself up I see.  Do you still have this creation?  Morning Dave.

Intel i5 4690K (OC to 4.4GHz), Arctic i32 CPU cooler, 16GB DDR3 RAM @2400MHz, Nvidia Inno 3D iChill 1060 (6GB)

#100 vainte

vainte

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 09:44 AM

So you've finally taken the hint and decided to smarten yourself up I see.  Do you still have this creation?  Morning Dave.

Yep, wear It all the time. It's kept me single and saved me a fortune.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users