#281 Sliceapottomus

Sliceapottomus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts
  • LocationRhode Island

Posted 05 January 2019 - 08:28 PM

All good to hear Mike, thanks for the update. Great to see the passion is still there...

• Stingreye likes this
Ncccrca.jpg
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit ,  CPU - Intel Core i5 7600K @ 3.80GHz ,  RAM - 16.0GB, MotherboardASRock B250M Pro4 (CPUSocket) , Graphics card4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti ,  Storage256GB (SSD) , 931GB Seagate , 232GB Maxtor USB Device

#282 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 09:44 PM

I may have posted this in the past but just to make sure.

I would like to have the use of the Enter key on the far right of a QWERTY keyboard for in-game chat.

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

β›³                          πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                             πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ                              β›³

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#283 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:07 PM

Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

Please keep championing!  Thanks

• Jesus Jones, Stingreye and SebGOLO like this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#284 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 05 January 2019 - 11:35 PM

I'm guessing Trackman would like to have a new software for their sim out in 2019 at some point so maybe we get lucky sometime this year?

A few new pics of PG2 should hold us over a couple months :)
  • Stingreye and SebGOLO like this

#285 spy88

spy88

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:43 AM

I'm late to the 'wish' list but only because MY wish was that PG1 get the bugs worked out while it could have been done!  The only other golf sim I've played was WGT.  For comparison, yes, PP is much better in most aspects but lacking in some very pivotal ones.

As mentioned, more MOP's.
As mentioned, ready golf/snap cam.  If all in the group have teed off, I want to be standing over my ball, seeing my distances/elevation and spin/power loss (if in rough).  If this was a option, it would easily speed up play.                                                                                                  As mentioned, all clubs available for a practice area.  And Mike, I know you're tired of hearing this (forums/PM's from me) but we've 7 clubs to chip with but only 5 to pitch with and only 3 to flop with???  Why in hell can't we pitch with a 7 on down and at least flop a 52*?  How is this even close to 'real golf' options?  And without any true punch shots (arguable, I know), we're missing quite a lot of reality in PG1.  And trivial I know but the hole is white NOT GREEN!  Hope this is considered.

So if I were interested in PG2, I would sincerely hope these shortcomings are included.

P.S.  Somewhere in a earlier post was a player with a wrist/arm condition making it difficult (if not impossible) to use certain swing methods.  I'm such a person also.  I used to be good with MS but had to switch to 3C for the same reason.  Now it's a issue with my finger.   Over the past 1Β½ years of play, my finger will on occasion, refuse to click the mouse for either power and/or the snap.  I manage and my fellow players allow me a mulli when it happens.  All this to say if there won't be a 3C option, there won't be any chance of a purchase.

• erwildcat, Crusher and SebGOLO like this

#286 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:04 AM

move the save shot vanity button off to the right side menu. 

#287 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:10 AM

A good anti cheat system

#288 maxie

maxie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:12 AM

More head to head lobby games against the forum regulars we can all play together and have some fun

#289 Pappy

Pappy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  • LocationRancho Cordova, California

Posted 06 January 2019 - 05:04 AM

What Spy88 said below - In Links 2003 one could use the space bar to click instead of mouse. Would that be better?

I'm late to the 'wish' list but only because MY wish was that PG1 get the bugs worked out while it could have been done!  The only other golf sim I've played was WGT.  For comparison, yes, PP is much better in most aspects but lacking in some very pivotal ones.
As mentioned, ready golf/snap cam.  If all in the group have teed off, I want to be standing over my ball, seeing my distances/elevation and spin/power loss (if in rough).  If this was a option, it would easily speed up play.                                                                                                  As mentioned, all clubs available for a practice area.  And Mike, I know you're tired of hearing this (forums/PM's from me) but we've 7 clubs to chip with but only 5 to pitch with and only 3 to flop with???  Why in hell can't we pitch with a 7 on down and at least flop a 52*?  How is this even close to 'real golf' options?  And without any true punch shots (arguable, I know), we're missing quite a lot of reality in PG1.  And trivial I know but the hole is white NOT GREEN!  Hope this is considered.
So if I were interested in PG2, I would sincerely hope these shortcomings are included.

P.S.  Somewhere in a earlier post was a player with a wrist/arm condition making it difficult (if not impossible) to use certain swing methods.  I'm such a person also.  I used to be good with MS but had to switch to 3C for the same reason.  Now it's a issue with my finger.   Over the past 1Β½ years of play, my finger will on occasion, refuse to click the mouse for either power and/or the snap.  I manage and my fellow players allow me a mulli when it happens.  All this to say if there won't be a 3C option, there won't be any chance of a purchase.

• Crusher, spy88 and SebGOLO like this

THOUGHT: Most plan for their Vacation - but most do not plan for their Eternity!

Video       Introduction       My YouTube      The Return

#290 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 10:22 AM

' the most accurate and realistic golf game out '   taken from Mikes post. I don't & never have played golf IRL been on a putting green about 12 times. All the RL players i play in this game keep moaning and groaning saying that's BS never happens in real golf. Well can't they realise this is a game for a PC and the best one I've played  the 2 others were links from the beginning ' links 346 to 2003 i think it was & WGT ' they were nothing to touch this game.  So stop knocking it down and enjoy it, just look at how many courses you can play without all that travel, thanks to all the  designers which we all owe a big thank you for, thanks to them all, this game would have fallen on the rocks with just a few courses to play.  SO ENJOY . I for one just hope i'm still young enough to see PG 2 come out and play it,  before i'm called away to the great big golf course in the sky. that's my 2 pence worth.

• Hammerfest, spy88 and SebGOLO like this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#291 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:05 PM

What Spy88 said below - In Links 2003 one could use the space bar to click instead of mouse. Would that be better?

Yup!   Links thought of pretty much anything and everything you could have in a golf game!   Still enjoying it after all these years and courses are still be released to this day! 

• Crusher likes this

#292 Wirenut48

Wirenut48

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 295 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:09 PM

As mentioned, ready golf/snap cam.  If all in the group have teed off, I want to be standing over my ball, seeing my distances/elevation and spin/power loss (if in rough).  If this was a option, it would easily speed up play.

As mentioned, all clubs available for a practice area.

The above mentioned would be nice additions. But from a business point wouldn't make much sense  to actively develop two versions simultaneously. 

And Mike, I know you're tired of hearing this (forums/PM's from me) but we've 7 clubs to chip with but only 5 to pitch with and only 3 to flop with???  Why in hell can't we pitch with a 7 on down and at least flop a 52*?  How is this even close to 'real golf' options? What your'e asking for is more canned distances that you can take a 100% swing with to control distance. To me that's the opposite of real golf options. What  we have now covers what is needed at close range. Outside 50 yards can be accomplished just fine using a partial full shot. These are some of the things that do make this game this game stand out as a Sim over others.

And without any true punch shots (arguable, I know), we're missing quite a lot of reality in PG1. Have to disagree here. A punch shot can be played in any situation by just selecting the club, positioning in stance, and adjusting power. An arcade shot type where you can press a button and swing away is not needed.

​This games brilliance is how it stays true to real physics and a Sim style of game play. I don't call those shortcomings.

• Tigers Agent and Buck like this

Corsair 5000D AIRFLOW, Corsair iCUE SP140 RGB ELITE Fans, Corsair RMx 850 W PS, MSI MPG Z590 GAMING CARBON WIFI, i9-11900K 3.5 GHz 8-Core, G.Skill Trident Z Royal 32 GB, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-NVME, Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2-NVMe, NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal), Samsung 65Q9FN QLED, HTC Vive

#293 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 January 2019 - 07:17 PM

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have. Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

We are are aware of some of the shortcomings of the original game hence this thread but what was never in doubt (bugs aside) was that it was the most accurate and realistic golf game out there but was lacking some of the necessary 'bells and whistles' as they say while at the same time getting some aspects spectacularly right too!  The graphics have taken a big step forward as many have seen in some of the previous PG2 images I have posted here from time to time. It wouldn't be fair to make false promises about timelines as a game like this in a niche market takes a long time to put together but without the passionate community it wouldn't be worth doing at all.

Great stuff Mike!!  Any chance you have an Update for that Shader that DPRoberts found? I know you guys are busy and PG1 is not a focus...... However, if it works you can put it in TM Sim right now too :D   

We would be happy to bug test it before those picky Trackman buyers see it. 

To be honest, I am sure you they want to release TM first, but a beta of PG2 prior to TM would likely be beneficial as you have a better user base to test out the bugs that are familiar with PG1 and won't bog down trackman support,  then release TM to the public first before a public release of PG2.

• SebGOLO likes this

#294 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 08:59 PM

Stingreye, they tested the shader some time ago. Unfortunately, the shader didn't accept shadows so Mike figured it wasn't worth the trade off.

It looked good on a course like Kiawah without many trees or links courses but would be awkward for most other courses.

#295 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 06 January 2019 - 09:14 PM

Stingreye, they tested the shader some time ago. Unfortunately, the shader didn't accept shadows so Mike figured it wasn't worth the trade off.

It looked good on a course like Kiawah without many trees or links courses but would be awkward for most other courses.

Thanks for the update... Bummer it didn't work out.  I really liked how it looked on your test.

#296 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:20 AM

PG2 is being worked on as it forms the basis for future iterations of the Trackman sim. We are working hard behind the scenes for a version to be released for PC and console as it would effectively be low hanging fruit as the majority of the work would have been done.

Trackman have no history of any games related titles but they can also see the huge potential that a new version of PG would have. Although the community sometimes may take a few potshots at Andrew and I, we are still the ones championing the cause and the best chance of PG2 making it to release.

We are are aware of some of the shortcomings of the original game hence this thread but what was never in doubt (bugs aside) was that it was the most accurate and realistic golf game out there but was lacking some of the necessary 'bells and whistles' as they say while at the same time getting some aspects spectacularly right too!  The graphics have taken a big step forward as many have seen in some of the previous PG2 images I have posted here from time to time. It wouldn't be fair to make false promises about timelines as a game like this in a niche market takes a long time to put together but without the passionate community it wouldn't be worth doing at all.

Hard to argue that.  JNPG is THE most accurate and realistic golf game and it has/had a TON of potential.  Add a few bells and whistles while bringing it to the console and it's lights out, game over!

I sincerely hope we see JNPG2 at some point.  I also give it about a 5% chance of happening.  Just being real.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#297 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:17 AM

Also.  A faster F3 for aiming. In Tour Pro we rely on that a lot because we can't adjust aim/player on the top cam.

xqc8g0-2.png

πŸŒοΈβ€β™‚οΈ                                                       πŸŒοΈβ€β™€οΈ
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#298 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:02 AM

With a sleek interface, bells and whistles and an extensive tutorial system, i can easily visualize " Trackman Perfect Golf " on console.  It may be niche but with so much work already done they could make a pretty penny thru a console push.

The existing difficulty levels from beginner to tour pro are perfect for newbies to seasoned veterans, so no need for change there.  Tempo is also not required because the current dispersion model is second to none. Having played some GC 2019 its plain to see that the focus is all on that tempo rather than feel and accuracy, 95% of shots are played off 100% hits, this gets boring quickly.

PG has always been a bit more nuanced and granular, if this can be improved on further, even slightly...then you would have one great swing system for console controller.

Add to this reasonably priced yet quality DLC courses throughout the year and you can easily see a healthy return for Trackman without the need to focus shift away from the main sim aspect of their business, seems like a no brainer to me.

• cajuncapgun, mcthommo, Buck and 1 other like this

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#299 jeffield

jeffield

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 09 January 2019 - 02:49 AM

just dropped in here as ive gotten frustrated at the simpleness of thegolfclub '19 on the ps4 and the devs insistance at keeping it that way.  i just want one really good golf game.  PG could very well be that game as they are smart enough to know that along with beginner settings you also need to have progressively challenging setups to hold the players interest as they get better.  Ive always enjoyed the rts-m setup challenge in PG and hope for the future of the game.  we'll see.  ive been hoping for a few years now.

it was nice to see that Mike had made a comment about PG2 still being an active project.  I hope this does come outone day either on pc or both pc and console.  i believe there definately is an open market for it.

regards

#300 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:35 AM

Have a "go to hole" option in CF. You enter a hole number and you are whisked to that hole. A lot faster than WASD. WASD need to be kept for other uses.

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users