#21 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:11 PM

Would also love to be able to re-position the overhead view.  Between streaming window overlays, or offset, there are many situations when you just want to move the thing instead of turning it off.

The minimap overhead?  If so, I agree 100% would be great to be able to move it.

• Thinman likes this

#22 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:12 PM

• Ready golf - I don't care for simultaneous play, that's not golf, nor social, but allowing players to prepare their shot while another is hitting.
• The other 2 unplayable lie relief options.

• Arsam, MimicPS, Cintigolfer and 1 other like this

#23 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:25 PM

Variable swing speeds...So you can hit it further if reqiured by speeding up the swing but obviously this would mean more chance of a miss hit

#24 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:27 PM

Well...there are many that come to mind, but I'll start with what I think should be a simple fix.

The ability to use both ball physics (Caliber and Avant) in the same round agaist the Computer AI or a Recorded Round.  Right now the ball for all playing partners default to either the AI or Recorded.

Example - If Ted records his round with the Avant ball, and I then play against his recording using my Caliber ball, the distances and penalties default to Ted's Avant for my player.  Same happens when I play an AI.  Seems only one ball physics is being allowed.

And you've just checked off one of my top wishes - more frequent communication with you guys ( Mike and Andrew).

Edited by jmk59, 31 May 2018 - 10:48 PM.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#25 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:28 PM

AVATARS WE CAN DRESS  AND CROWDS !!

#26 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:35 PM

The saved round option should be improved so that you can have multiple saved rounds and not lose them if you start a new round.  The current saved round option is very limited.

Currently you can only see the playing partner who is hitting or putting.  I would like to be able see every playing partner that is in my line of sight.  For example if I was putting and 2 of my playing partners who off to side in my line of sight I should be able to see them.

See other golfers on the course.  In PG1 we have animation of birds, animals, moving cars, boats etc. but seeing other golfers not in your group walking off a green or on an adjacent hole if they are in your line of sight would really add to the immersion.  I have NEVER played a round of real golf where I was the only golfer on the course!  I may be wrong but I don't think any computer golf game has ever had this feature.

If there is a ball that has landed on the green do not remove it until all players have hit their approach shots.  In PG1 all you see is the marker.

Add the stat of the total feet of putts made in a round.

The option of inputting your real club head speed for each club in your bag so that your carry distances will be the same as in your real golf game.  You could call this simulation mode.  It would be fun to see what you score playing from the championship tees of a real course when you are hitting your clubs the distances you do in real golf.

Mike, I appreciate that you are asking for suggestions and might have some more.

RTSM - Pro

#27 jt83

jt83

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,020 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 10:47 PM

2 click.

I only play 3C so I don't know what it's called, but the swing where you move the mouse back and forth?  Some sort of onscreen guide (rails maybe) would help me see what I've done wrong.

The occasional discount code for Speedtree.

• RobV likes this

#28 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:12 PM

The option to choose the severity of rough would be a good addition similar to choosing the pin difficulty. Some courses have very penal rough and a 15 or 20% penalty is not enough. Also restricting the club you can use in the rough when it’s severe so you can’t just thrash a 3 wood with a modest percentage penalty.

#29 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:15 PM

- Ability for those of us with intermediate Photoshop skills to create our own shirts, pants, shoes, balls, and clubs
- Ability to select specific pin positions, not just "easy" "medium" or "difficult"
- Improved blending of course spline edges into terrain to eliminate or reduce the "ramp" effect
- Texture libraries that save without changing all the normal maps
- A course spline type that allows for terrain painting
- Planar mapping so I can set mow lines in any direction
  • mcthommo, jmk59 and Stingreye like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#30 rmoor13

rmoor13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts
  • LocationNewtown, Pennsylvania

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:20 PM

Ability to change the logo on the golf ball.

#31 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:23 PM

What Matt just said about selecting specific pins, and also specific tees - all on a hole-by-hole basis (like Links2003 had).

If a member was say trying to create their own carrer mode, they could mix-and-match pins and tees to re-create the setup of a 1972 Pebble Beach US Open without an old time version of the course (similar to racing games that have a modern version and 1970's version of Laguna Seca).

• Arsam likes this

#32 xooze

xooze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  • LocationSE Minnesota

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:33 PM

Someone else mentioned this, but it would be nice to see other golfers on the course. I don't remember any golf game doing this.

#33 theclubpro

theclubpro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 561 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 31 May 2018 - 11:40 PM

This was mentioned in another thread and I 2nd this is the ability to play another round without going back to the lobby..in single player and multiplayer rounds please..

#34 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:21 AM

faster meter speed.  moveable meter.

#35 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:28 AM

More variable wind in relation to speed and direction.. It's too steady at present. You can take all the time in the world setting up a shot and the wind hasn't changed much if at all.

Ability for designers to set the physics of every terrain type. Be able to override these in solo or practice mode with everything adjustable via sliders.

More subtle brush shapes and sizes in CF. Too often in close up it's a square shape and too big.

Shape shots by moving/adjusting feet, ball position, hand position.

Create a assets sharing depository.

On the green have a laterally moving headlamp beam (narrow at the ball, widening to just past the hole) in which the grid will display. Can only use it once per putt.

Local area out of bounds positioned inside any hole perimeter in addition to the global OB around the course.

Better trees than Speedtree trees.

A more detailed overhead graphic. Some hazards are not easy to pick out at present.

Moveable 3 click meter.

Colour editable text on the HUD.

Copy/paste/change size of any shape and re-assign it to something else e.g. copy fairway, enlarge it proportionately or shrink it proportionately to suit, drop it anywhere and re-assign it to light rough, rough, heavy rough, waste or whatever.

• Cintigolfer likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#36 Cintigolfer

Cintigolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  • LocationCincinnati, Ohio

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:45 AM

The ability to chose random pins.

Be able to select Challenge tees as the default for a player or adding a new tee definition for kids tees. One of the reasons I chose PG was to be able to play with my 7 year old daughter. I would like to play one of the longer tees while she plays the shorter tees. I am using the Challenge tees for kids that are about her age (approx. 2500 yards for 18). I use the Forward tees for older kids (approx. 3500 yards).

#37 GoldenBear

GoldenBear

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 926 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:49 AM

A 30 second shot clock.

#38 Stingreye

Stingreye

Advanced Member