#42 chrismess13

chrismess13

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationButte County, CA

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:30 AM

The mouse swing tempo needs to be reversed. In real life the backswing is not quicker than the downswing. Also let the speed of the downswing affect distance. The faster the downswing the greater the distance and the greater the mishit.

Customizable (not sure if that is a word but you know what I mean) avatars

The ball icon that you use to hit high shots or low shots also needs to be reversed. Where I place the dot should be where I want the club to make contact. So the lower I place it the higher the shot etc.

Ability to rotate shapes in CF and duplicate

Terrain Forge

Top down view when putting

and then the usual list of wants, lefties, females, career mode, etc

#43 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 01 June 2018 - 04:08 AM

In addition to all of the above...

I would like to see all of the hot keys activated during the other players shot.

F2 - F3 - F4 - C - G 

Access to all of your clubs while practicing at practice ranges.

Watch the flight of the ball in the overhead view ( like we could in Links)

And, fans along the course would be a very nice touch

• Pappy likes this

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#44 rane

rane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:36 AM

More and varied avatar animations before and after the swing. Example:  Stepping up to the ball, wiggling the golf club before getting ready, reactions based on the outcome of the shot (getting annoyed/mad, cheering, doing the "yes" fist animation, doing the "ohh noo" animation perhaps right after hitting the ball if struck really bad etc.)  :-)

#45 Tommyseb

Tommyseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:48 AM

My 2 pence worth...

Ability to toggle ball tracers to stay on for previous shots, e.g when on the practice range it would be nice to see the tracers of all your previous shots, maybe the number of shot tracers displayed could be manually set, I.e 5, 20, 100.. also some in game tracking of shot statistics would be a nice addition

For sim play the ability to input the launch monitors distance from the impact screen, side wall, and height from floor so the ball flight on screen starts from the exact point that the real ball hits the screen. This is something that IMO really adds to the immersion. It would probably only work for full shots, for shots around the green and putting you would want to revert back to seeing the ball on screen so you can check the break.

Maybe tweak the rough penalty system so you get a penalty spin/power range, I.e 10-15% 40-60% etc instead of a single value.

More ball flight camera options and also a random option which chooses a different camera option per shot.

Ability to change the field of view.

If the issue of dodgy tree colliders will always be a possibility then maybe you can have a toggle view enable similar to a wireframe overlay which shows the collider on screen.

#46 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 05:50 AM

Interactive lobby.
Greater control in tee placement, allow ball to be placed further back on tee.
Change shot shaper to stance control, ie allow ball to be moved forward or backwards in stance, stand open or closed, open or close clubface.
More collision detection in rough areas.
Sidehill lies to have more effect on ball flight.
  • Tresclub, erwildcat, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

#47 mcthommo

mcthommo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 07:30 AM

fantasy- editable swings so real life players swings can be used- i.e. Payne Stewart, Jack Nicklaus, Sandy Lyle all have very different swings and would be amazing to do this even though I realise it is not possible.

More British and especially links courses

the ability to use cpu multiple cores to get a smoother game and higher graphical look- most modern pc owners do have at least a dual core pc, some with a lot more and the ability to use more than just a single core would give most bang for buck for the majority of users rather than having to go with a huge GPU to get lovely visuals- I am a very lucky PC owner as I do currently have a beast of a machine but still it is limited to the cpu and a singlecore to a major limit

• frank70 likes this

Intel 9900k @5GHZ

Asus RTX 3090 Strix OC

32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200

Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula Z390

Noctua NH-D15 Cromax 

Fractal Design Meshify S2

WDC WD10EFRX 1TB NVME drive

2x 14TB Hitachi NAS HDD

Colour scheme by Nigel Tufnell- "None more black"

#48 v8burble

v8burble

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

1) option for touchscreen monitor support(on pc monitor- not companion) for all key buttons ( F2, F3 etc)
2) touchscreen support would need tidying up / pressing some icons today, such as enabling putter mode, also moves cam aim too.
3) remove or make transparent, the "clutter" between the camera view and the ball when in trees for example.
4) Out of Bounds greyed out or indicated on overview map
5) replay option in menu(when you miss post shot)
6) commentary (optional - or even user customisable/themes, which could be fun/awful)

The other options requested to get info while waiting, to support ready golf would be fantastic.

#49 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:24 AM

Over the last few months I have seen many suggestions for what people would like to see in PG2. New avatars, carreer mode, 3d grass etc. But what less than obvious features would you like to see - perhaps things that could be easily overlooked and not the really obvious ones a couple of which I mentioned above?

Hi Mike!

My wishlist below. I'm a simplayer and a course designer, so the focus is of course in them.

1. Support for as many launch monitors as possible. I use SkyTrak at the moment.

2. Well made real course -packs to purchase.

3. More European and Asian courses.

4. As modern graphics as possible with the latest possible Unity (or UE) version. Powerfull PC required.

5. As a designer with ongoing course projects, I'd like to see (overhead) image to influence the colour of 3D grass in spline meshes.

6. Possibility to use 3D grass in the areas that are outside splines. It would be awesome if 3D grass could be coloured by the OH image / terrain paint colour also. This would save so much time and the courses would look so much more realistic.

7. Course Forge update supporting new Unity version.

8. Clear and easy UI for PG2.

9. Optimised integration with Launch Monitors: minimum lag/delay, check rules for impossible ball flight data (for example 100m backspin, suddenly checking/stopping topped chips etc.).

10. Adjustable field of view and camera placement with memory.

11. Reflecting, transparent and easy to customize waters for CF and for the game courses.

#50 Tommyseb

Tommyseb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:00 AM

many of the sim users, and i'm sure also the PC game users have dual monitor setups, from a sim perspective it would be very cool to have the main screen (usually a impact screen with a projector) to just show the main view and maybe the wind indicator and some other user selectable layers, and for the hole overhead view, topograhical green layout with grid and pin placement all displayed on the 2nd monitor.

• Cintigolfer and Thinman like this

#51 Jwheels9876

Jwheels9876

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:20 AM

As a SIM user I'd Like to see

1. Smaller and also Movable mini map WITH Course OB DEFINED on it.

2.fixing of the offset feature so I could use all the different camera angles available, like the follow cam, which is my favorite but can't use because it messes everything up. Also,the grids being fixed while using offset as they don't work now when using it.

3. Tree collider issues fixed at least on PP courses. Had an invisible tree branch gobble up a ball on the tournament course this week which is an official PP course recreation.

4.uphill shots physics from greenside bunkers or hills that spin back excessively and IMO unrealistically. I've never hit a ball from a small hill greenside that has spun back off the green to where I originally hit from but I have had it happen countless number of times in the SIM.

5. Upgraded graphics. I think if you did almost nothing but upgraded some of the textures and had 3d grass this game is as close to playing real golf as we're going to get on a simulator.

6. New UI which we have seen in the Trackman videos should make it's way over to everyone else on the other Sims.

#52 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 10:37 AM

As discussed in a previous thread, a variety of 'lies' in the rough and on the fairway (even an unfortunate divot or two), all of which are viewable, and are then played on their own merits, with less absolute knowledge of outcomes. Lets go full 'game-sim' and not have it so the world-beating shot is attempted every time, and instead a percentage play may be the better option.

• Kimmer1947, Greensboronclion and footslogger like this

#53 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:10 AM

- Player-customisable cameras (basically same as in TW08)

- punch shots, 3/4 swings

- 3-Click: Faster swing meters with a bit more give, rather than slow ones with extreme sensitivity. 

- Full screen hole overview map, to be toggled on an off.

- Invisible 3-Click swing, with the avatar being the meter and whereby the arc of the club head during the upswing and the ball represent the click points and the swing is executed in real-time without delay.

- customisable club distances (distances always displayed as the sum of carry and rollout on flat ground)

- A petite Japanese schoolgirl avatar with pigtails, wearing a skimpy school uniform.

- in CF: the ability to save and call up preset spline shapes + the ability to copy and paste existing ones.

- In CF: the ability to somehow (I don't now how) abandon the law of concentric spline arrangement.

Sorry if somebody mentioned any of these before. Perhaps this hodge-podge of so many different aspects is a bit overwhelming and confusing. A compilation into themed subsections might be helpful.

Thank you very much, Mike, for engaging with the Forum community. It may not always be pleasant for you, but I do welcome this initiative. I will not cavil away at your final decision, should PG conclude that some of my wishes are unfeasible, and accept your final choice (except for the Japanese school girl avatar).

• cajuncapgun, RobV and Carl Lapin like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#54 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

Many of the features I would like to see have been posted already, so I will not repeat.  

Please do not remove the weather features in the game... I don not care if its not "realistic", I absolutely LOVE playing in rain, fog and even in thunderstorms and lightning!    I know the realism crowd says these conditions are not real life golf, but neither is pushing a button or mouse to swing golf clubs!    With options, there is something for everyone to enjoy!!  

#55 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 01 June 2018 - 12:19 PM

The ability to practice putting on any course.  This was a feature in Links 2003 I used often.

#56 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:03 PM

Just one wish - For the game to be released sometime before the year 2020

#57 pingzing

pingzing

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 954 posts
  • LocationQld Australia

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:10 PM

About time mike you posted more here, thats all wee really wanted, not to ignore us and especially when we pm you, we got nothing back, you know you have been slack with this.let me say that if have seen  many players head back over to tgc because you have ignored there pm`s to you, even I got pissed off with you many times over this and nearly left here a few times , I  know a few tgc guys that just went back to tgc. If you simply replied more we wouldnt have so many annoyed members here.

We havent got annoyed/pissed off for nothing you know, good to see you have woken up and made a bit more concerted effort to talk to us, thats my view anyway, I could go on here but, but now realise what you need to do here,Just frigging talk more to us, its juts same in any business really. No more said from me,just keep us more informed please.

Things I want to see, I probably have more but this will do for now , thanks 

No need to press the A Button the engage the swing
Over head  is still not perfect, the trees display streaky blurrly pictures
Let us expand that overhead map view, the sharper doglegs cuts off the view too much

More acurate wind settings
Left hand Player

Just improve the controller feedback and refinements, short putting in still very touchy and a pain in the arse.
More clothing options
The water transition to terrain is not very good, needs to be a more natural transistion
If you look at TGC in this options it is very good
Ability to adjust grass length

Automatically progress to next hole
Better definition of greens, especially when putting
Better feedback and refinemnet of putting with controller

Overhead view is still very restrictive , especially on sharper doglegs- let us expand this view 
Crowds and voices
Fix that layers Library bug where it doesnt save properly
Duplicate the spline and expand it 
More brush shapes in cf
better terrain scultping tools

( This is a Biggy Need a terrain Raise and Lower option) 
 ( so you set out your green and elevations or Tee area etc , then you can adjust the height which keeps all your elevations- this is a huge time saver which is offered in TGC- this a Massive plus in tgc 

How about a  course layout autogen, then you can go back and adjust
Copy/paste shapes , to add then elsewhere
Change the hole indexes with much more ease, as it is its a pain in the arse
Rotate shapes and move them around
More sound options
More animations

Improve the animations options, its very fickle at times
Bunker play/settings needs improving, give us more loft options so it sticks better on landing
Lobby is not perfect.needs improving
Tree colliders can be improved, there still not right, and tedious with speed tree editor 
More objects to be imported- we have to search for ever and even have to pay too much for some things 
More sound files as well

Want to see more Country themes, textures auto setups
relating to cf, better upgrading and easier setups
More tutorials from mike and team
Better support for trouble shooting in cf

More  Mountains/objects to be imported- as of now we have to go searching hours to find what and if we can get.
Re xbox/ps4 controllers, more driver and update support
Short game full swing is not good
Pitch shots need improving

Short putts with controller are a pian, can over shoot so easy, needs more refinement 
More refined club distances too, too many gap shots, especailly with controller

Cheers 

• Richard likes this

#58 Jimbo63

Jimbo63

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • LocationManchester, England

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:25 PM

Just read pingzing's list so better change my request to 2025  :D

• gravedodger and erwildcat like this

#59 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,343 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:40 PM

Just read pingzing's list so better change my request to 2025  :D

HAHAHAHA!  

#60 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 01 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Choose specific pins and tees per hole. Also the option to randomize them if desired. This adds SO much replay value to courses.

Adjustable rough length/thickness.

Sidehill lies need more influence on ballflight or mishit penalties (or both!)

Please consider adding more physics materials to Course Forge in the future. Things like gravel, mud, hardpan, soggy grass, very deep thick rough...etc
If you get the bounce and roll physics correct on these types of things they would add really interesting options for hazards and surfaces to hit from.

Also please default the terrain to Deep Rough instead of rough. Makes no sense to have a wayward ball land outside of a deep rough spline and get treated to a regular rough lie on the terrain.
Better yet let us set the terrain to whatever physics material we want.

Thank you for reaching out to the community.
  • Arsam and Charles like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users