Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:01 PM

Loud and clear, Sir!

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#202 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 01:15 PM

Mike, does this mean that you no longer agree with your previous statement that beta testing is allowed?

yPyAnRW.jpg

#203 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:51 PM

Mike, does this mean that you no longer agree with your previous statement that beta testing is allowed?

yPyAnRW.jpg

Closed beta testing is fine but a general release to the PG community is what I'm talking about. Basically all the courses will be available to the community once the contest is over but it will get confusing if there are a bunch of par 3 course flying around publicly and it could cause problems down the line with people playing in the multiplayer lobby having different versions of the same course. 

• DPRoberts likes this

#204 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 05:30 PM

Cool. Thanks

#205 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 19 August 2018 - 06:04 PM

I was about to jump in but it looks like you guys clarified it already for me.

I did have a few people test it but it was done by PM only.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#206 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:52 PM

So for my entry I have gone for 3 different styles of 6 holes.... 1st 6 Coastal...

dEUH2bn.jpg

the next 6 are Links...

ktDCMKU.jpg

And the final 6 are Parkland...

MCugXQi.jpg

I also have each of the 18 holes is a club length in game and there are 3 Tee boxes on each hole:-

Championship is a full club shot

Member is a 3/4 club shot

Forward is a 1/2 club shot

Just paths sounds and surrounding area to finish

Cheers Rob

• highfade, bortimus, balaceanca81 and 4 others like this

#207 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 11:56 PM

Looking totally awesome as always Rob!

#208 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:22 AM

Some nice entries so far, thx!

If I was to critique the courses I have received so far so they could be changed and resubmitted I would say that there isn't enough thought gone into the play from the shortest tees.

Varied lengths and challenges from those tees would be ideal bearing in mind that many of the players playing these type of course may be beginners. There is nothing wrong with a forward tee being 40 yards from the hole rather than just 10 yards ahead of a back tee which may be 190 yards away from the green. I know that when the course gets loaded into the sim, the first thing that will be looked at is the play from the forward tees which generally at the moment is too long and difficult.

#209 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 21 August 2018 - 10:50 AM

Some nice entries so far, thx!

If I was to critique the courses I have received so far so they could be changed and resubmitted I would say that there isn't enough thought gone into the play from the shortest tees.

Varied lengths and challenges from those tees would be ideal bearing in mind that many of the players playing these type of course may be beginners. There is nothing wrong with a forward tee being 40 yards from the hole rather than just 10 yards ahead of a back tee which may be 190 yards away from the green. I know that when the course gets loaded into the sim, the first thing that will be looked at is the play from the forward tees which generally at the moment is too long and difficult.

Did you mean to say Isn't?

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#210 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 01:47 PM

Did you mean to say Isn't?

You are correct sir, thx

#211 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 04:56 PM

Find my hole distances from the forward tees in the image below. Hole lengths in-game may vary, since many greens are 30 m deep and pin positions from front to back will add or take away a sizeable amount.

I made the back 9 a teensy harder, but it' still just a stroll in the park.

UoOyXEx.jpg

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

<<<<<

#212 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 21 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

I think I will probably add another set. I was considering that anyway.

#213 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 22 August 2018 - 09:31 PM

Submitted  :)

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#214 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts

Posted 23 August 2018 - 12:40 AM

I've added a new set of front tees. Will send my revision late tonight.

#215 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 12:18 PM

I'm moderately pround to announce that I just submitted my... erm... my... submission to Mike Jones.

I would like to salute all my fellow designers for their contributions and the fireworks of original ideas I was invited to admire in this thread and wish all participants the best of luck with their projects. Whoever wins this, I don't necessarily think I have a shot and I don't mind about that, will have worked hard for his victory and fully deserves it.

As a parting shot, here are 3 holes I played for you to behold the finished product. I played at Hacker difficulty from the challenge tees and on to medium pins (6 pins, two of each on every hole). The wind was set to "Strong Breeze", which happens to be the funnest wind imo.

(Oh, and I just noticed my typo in the course name in the top left corner)

• Unique, bortimus, balaceanca81 and 2 others like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

#216 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 August 2018 - 01:52 PM

Good luck K11.

And I must say that without your patience with me in

the beginning, I would not be designing in Unity at all.

I've tried to pay it forward with the same patience.

Thanks my, (and I say this with utter disdain) Friend.

And Good Luck to All 

• RobC likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#217 andrewjjones43#

andrewjjones43#

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:52 PM

“I've tried to pay it forward with the same patience”........and much wine to numb the pain NoPutt. I speak as the recipient of much of the paying it forward.
  • RobC likes this

#218 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 03:03 PM

Fabulous look. K11 signature touches abound. Love that flyover on 9. Haha.

#219 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:09 PM

Those forward tees look great for a wedge challenge on the sim

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#220 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:46 PM

The forward tees absolutely are the forwardest of all my forwards for sure, johnmeyer... though a few are far enough back to add a bit of localised challenge.

Thanks, DPR. If only I had a clue of what my signature touches might be... It's not that I insist on adding them, whatever they might be. I just gotta be me.

Yes, Neal, you indeed have payed it forward, and then some! Tip of the hat to you, my friend (in brackets). And I feel almost guilty for not jumping on each and every CF help request today, knowing full well that you have grown into serving as the habitual, steadfast and competent first response guy.

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

<<<<<

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users