#241 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2018 - 05:33 AM

Submitted my course.  Hopefully I didn't need flyovers.  You didn't mention anything about them so they were lower on my list and didn't make the deadline.  If there are changes you'd like done I can do them if needed, just let me know.  I included a link to the project package file as well as requested.  It was huge and took a long time to create.  I suspect I could have cleaned out a bunch of files in there that I didn't end up using but I didn't think of it at the time.

Good luck to everyone who entered!

#242 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:44 AM

Some nice last minute entries - thx guys.

Good luck to everyone, with so many great courses it's going to be very hard to separate them.

#243 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 06:56 AM

Yes good luck to you all!!
Great to see how far along we’ve all come since 2015

#244 balaceanca81

balaceanca81

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

Good luck to all of you great designers.!!! :)

#245 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 04:18 PM

I just wanted to say a big thank you to the designers. We didn't give you much time on this one and the general quality was simply outstanding.

Also thanks for going through the trouble of uploading the Unity packages of the project. I found a few bugs here and there and that enabled us to make some fixes and minor changes to the tees and visuals in some cases to better suit the sim. When the courses have been played further a decision will be made as to the winners and will be announced here. Until then I ask that you do not release any of the courses as the winners will most likely released by us in a PG update so everyone can play them.

• Unique, Armand, M Rose and 3 others like this

#246 Jakob_TrackMan

Jakob_TrackMan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:18 PM

Hi guys,

My name is Jakob and I am fairly new to the TrackMan team in Denmark. This is the first time I am entering this community with a post - until now I have just read your comments with great interest over the past couple of weeks. I am responsible for our Indoor/Simulator products - including the virtual golf courses - and therefor I am also now heavily involved in the final stage of this Par 3 design competition.

Before I continue, let me just reveal..... that we are not revealing any winners in this post ;). I just wanted to introduce myself to this great community, and let you know  that I have now had the pleasure of playing through all the submitted courses. And I must say I am awestruck about the design level that you participants are showing with your submissions! Absolutely amazing talent you have - so a big thank you to all participants for the great efforts here. It was a blast to play your courses.

We just need a few more people to test the last couple of courses before we can evaluate together with the PP team and reveal the winners. We are close - just wanted to update you so you know we are working on this at HQ.

Looking forward to working with the PP community. I am probably not going to be as active in the chat, as I would like, but I still hope I can be a useful link to the development team within TrackMan. Mike is still the admin-slash-course design guru here - a great guy I already enjoy working with.

All the best - and thanks again,

Jakob,

Product Owner Indoor Golf, TrackMan HQ in Denmark

(Picture: My colleague Christian is testing "The Lost 9"  in our HQ simulator) 

Attached File  Testing_par3_contest_designs.jpg   254.01KB   0 downloads

• JoeF, M Rose, ✠ davef ✠ and 4 others like this

#247 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:08 PM

Welcome Jakob, some great designer talent here,

and a dedicated player community as well. 

If we can help, just holler.

• balaceanca81 and Jakob_TrackMan like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#248 yesrushdt

yesrushdt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 05:37 AM

Welcome aboard the forum Jakob.  I'm jealous that the sim users have the fancy new UI. :D

• Jakob_TrackMan likes this

#249 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 09:26 AM

Hi Chuck Jacob. 

• DPRoberts likes this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#250 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 08 September 2018 - 03:14 PM

I not only love suspense, I....

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#251 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:06 PM

Ok it's that time folks - Time to announce the winners of the Trackman Par 3 competition!

In keeping with the tradition of competitions of this kind I will announce the results in reverse order with a little comment about each prize winning course too. All the winners will be contacted by the Trackman team directly via the email provided with the entry. 

Although there were only supposed to be 5 prizes, some of the entries proved impossible to split in terms of gameplay and quality so here goes:

Prize winning courses not in the top 5 but very close to clinching an official spot are, in no particular order:

*Par Party - Amazing imagination used by 'NoPutt' on this one: Sharks, Flying saucers, washing machines and giant clown heads.... need I go on? -  The TM team LOVED the gameplay of this course.

*The Orbs - Another 'off the wall' idea from 'DPRoberts' this time with floating tees, toxic mists and a spaceport resort. It's golf but not as we know it.

*The Sand Slopes - Using real world terrain to create this fictional course 'Brian Z111' provided a wonderful little test of golf. A minimum of 'virtual earth' was moved with Brian 'finding' the holes on the existing landscape. It's not as simple as it sounds. Nice job.

The top 5 to follow....

#252 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:29 PM

In joint 5th place, proving too hard to separate are:

*The Lost 9 is an inspirational effort by 'DoGgs'  Buried deep in a rain forest with ancient artifacts all around the player, this course provides plenty of eye candy and challenge for the intermediate to expert player. It can be a brutal place if you're a little off your game though!

*The 3's is a great effort from 'RobC' Combining Links and inland holes this is a strong test of golf for experts but is also playable for all standards of golfer without ever becoming repetitive.

*Leon de Montana was one of the very best looking courses we received. Once again a fictional course but based on real terrain, 'Dropzone73' created a compelling layout with tees set high up on hills, often playing to greens set in the valley below. Tough to club but a pleasure to play.

more to follow

#253 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:37 PM

4th place

*Lostwood Glen - This one sneaked up on us and it's creator 'Widey' surprised us all with fantastic hole design as well as providing an interesting backdrop for the gameplay. I thought the green complexes in particular were excellent with super use of slopes and hazards.

#254 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:44 PM

3rd Place

*The Aces proved to very popular with the TM team. 'M Rose' provided a strong 18 hole course with an excellent theme and playability for beginners as well as expert players. Lots of varied length holes helps the course to provide new challenges on each shot and the last hole has seen many a promising card wrecked as a touch of delicacy is needed when you're at your most nervous!

#255 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:55 PM

2nd Place

*Abel's Crossing by 'highfade'. What an amazing course this is - fantastic looks, great sounds, a beautiful theme and location and a very, very stern test of golf from the back tees on this coastal course.

Superb use of the natural looking terrain slopes has always been highfade's trademark and has never been so evident as here. The way the ground flows into and away from the greens is nothing short of outstanding and means that you can feed the ball into most hole locations by the clever use of the slopes or it can just as easily feed away into a nasty hollow or Hazard!

Further inland near the lakes and ponds the best shot is clearer to see and you simply have to deliver so a great mix of shotmaking skills are needed.

#256 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:06 PM

1st Place

*Sand River by 'MikaHenrik'  The course takes it's name from the serpent like river that winds around and through the course. A more natural looking course you will struggle to find and the eponymous river has to be skirted or traversed on many of the holes.

When you're not avoiding the water, the devlishly creative green complexes will hold your attention and you could play hundreds of rounds here without ever getting bored such is the variety of shots, pitches and putts you will need to make.

A truly wonderful design and a worthy winner.

#257 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:12 PM

A big thank you to all the contestants. Even if you didn't manage to win a prize this time I can honestly say there were very good qualities about all of them so keep on learning, keep on designing and most importantly have fun with it!

To all the prize winners, the TM team will be in touch over the next few days with more information.

PS: We are currently testing the prize winning courses and fixing bugs as we find them. When they are ready for release we will let you know.

Hopefully this will be a short process so everyone here can have fun playing them when they are officially released.

#258 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:20 PM

....topic now unlocked 

#259 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:35 PM

Congratulations to all the winners and entrants. Sounds like there's some great stuff been created and looking forward to giving them a play on the sim

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#260 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 September 2018 - 04:50 PM

Congrats to all you great designers, looking forward to playing soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users