DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:14 PM

I'm submitted as well.

fnzBiry.jpg

Final look at Splash screen, Hole distances, Load time, and holes 6,8,9 flyovers

• Unique, mcthommo, balaceanca81 and 2 others like this

#222 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

Very nice DP, You have certainly gone where no man has gone before.

Good Luck, and a big THANKS to you for your assistance and tutorials

over the past couple of years. You have certainly moved the design bar forward

for us all.

• DoGgs and DPRoberts like this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#223 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:45 PM

Hah. Thanks. I'm certainly no designer but I enjoy being a part of the community. I hope to keep providing assets to allow others to focus on course building.

I've enjoyed collaborating with you over Blender and Photoshop.

#224 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 27 August 2018 - 10:27 AM

Almost ready to submit but still have to do the toughest part...

This:

'Course description'

Taking me forever to come up with a couple of  sensible English sentences. :blink:

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#225 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 27 August 2018 - 11:43 AM

Almost ready to submit but still have to do the toughest part...

This:

'Course description'

Taking me forever to come up with a couple of  sensible English sentences. :blink:

Haha don't worry, I'm sure we can add that if you're struggling with it!

• highfade likes this

#226 3199E5kennetharry

3199E5kennetharry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:57 AM

To all disigners all the best of luck for tomorrows results, you all deserve to win something, without you the game would be stale.  So I would like to thank each and everyone of you for giving us such a diverse set of courses to enjoy playing. Again good luck. 

• balaceanca81, erwildcat and RobV like this

Processor: Intel Core i5-7400 Kaby Lake CPU, 4 Cores, 3.0 - 3.5GHz

CPU Cooler: Intel Stock CPU Cooler

Motherboard: Asus PRIME B250M-A Motherboard

Memory: 16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory (2 x 8GB Sticks)

Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8GB Graphics Card

OS Drive: 250GB SK hynix SL301 Solid State Drive

Storage Drive: Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Hard Disk

Power Supply: Aerocool 80 PLUS 600W PSU

Sound Card: Onboard High Definition Audio

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit

#227 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 08:22 AM

Thank you very much. Not sure the results will be out tomorrow already, it's just the final day for submissions. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#228 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,349 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 11:52 AM

Good luck ALL and a big THANKS!   Looking forward to playing all of the submissions... one by one!   

#229 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 12:03 PM

Actually the closing date is the 31st. Some great entries so far and more to come I'm sure. Great work everyone.

#230 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:49 PM

I'll be coming in at the last minute here.  Working on my first course in Course Forge for this contest.  Seemed like a good project to get acquainted with it.  Didn't say anything earlier in this thread because I wasn't sure I was going to make the deadline but I think I have a fun layout that looks reasonably good now.  Due to the learning curve I only had time to do 9 holes and some of the finer detail I might normally put into a course won't make it but nothing necessary is missing.  What I will still be putting in is some tall grass in the non-sand covered outer areas, blend in the outer area with the Course Forge shapes and redo the tree planting.  Currently just have the trees from the demo course in.  I'm going to replant them and I want Oak and Jack Pine like at the real site but I don't know if I'm going to be able to do that if those tree types aren't readily available so I may be substituting something else.

It's based on LiDAR at Sand Valley Golf Resort.  If you're familiar with the place my course is on the currently empty land between the new driving range and the Sand Valley course (to the right of hole 11 / left of 16.)  It's made to play like the other courses at Sand Valley: hard and fast with kicker slopes to use to work balls towards the pins on the bounce and roll.  I like to find holes on the land and the only elevation work done was to contour the greens and flatten the tees.  Generally my design theory was to try to make using the slopes the safer play and flying at the pin a little more risk-reward.

3_green.jpg

4_tee.jpg

7_tee.jpg

Is there a time on the 31st when it is due?  I'll be working on it through Friday and probably won't submit it until the evening US time if that's not too late.  Also you say 3 pins per hole in the contest description.  Is that a minimum or an exact requirement?  If it's exact I have to go back and delete some pins.  Thanks.

#231 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 29 August 2018 - 03:53 PM

I'll be coming in at the last minute here.  Working on my first course in Course Forge for this contest.  Seemed like a good project to get acquainted with it.  Didn't say anything earlier in this thread because I wasn't sure I was going to make the deadline but I think I have a fun layout that looks reasonably good now.  Due to the learning curve I only had time to do 9 holes and some of the finer detail I might normally put into a course won't make it but nothing necessary is missing.  What I will still be putting in is some tall grass in the non-sand covered outer areas, blend in the outer area with the Course Forge shapes and redo the tree planting.  Currently just have the trees from the demo course in.  I'm going to replant them and I want Oak and Jack Pine like at the real site but I don't know if I'm going to be able to do that if those tree types aren't readily available so I may be substituting something else.

It's based on LiDAR at Sand Valley Golf Resort.  If you're familiar with the place my course is on the currently empty land between the new driving range and the Sand Valley course (to the right of hole 11 / left of 16.)  It's made to play like the other courses at Sand Valley: hard and fast with kicker slopes to use to work balls towards the pins on the bounce and roll.  I like to find holes on the land and the only elevation work done was to contour the greens and flatten the tees.  Generally my design theory was to try to make using the slopes the safer play and flying at the pin a little more risk-reward.

Is there a time on the 31st when it is due?  I'll be working on it through Friday and probably won't submit it until the evening US time if that's not too late.  Also you say 3 pins per hole in the contest description.  Is that a minimum or an exact requirement?  If it's exact I have to go back and delete some pins.  Thanks.

Yeah the 3 pins was just a minimum, more is fine. Anytime on the 31st anywhere in the world. If it's an hour late you won't get DQ'd we're a friendly bunch here :)

Make sure you also have a download link to the full unity project package too as we will need that if we need to make bug fixes etc down the line.

Oh and be sure to put some short tees in (not challenge tees as sim doesn't use them) of between 50 and 100 yards. It'll save us a job later if it's one of the winners. Good luck!

#232 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 29 August 2018 - 07:20 PM

Project Package sent, Didn't see this in first post till now...

* To submit a unity package of the project make sure nothing in the scene or project is selected and choose export package from the assets menu in unity. This will gather everything in the project and save it to a package which we can import to make tee alterations etc to better suit sim players.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#233 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 30 August 2018 - 12:22 AM

Yeah the 3 pins was just a minimum, more is fine. Anytime on the 31st anywhere in the world. If it's an hour late you won't get DQ'd we're a friendly bunch here :)

Make sure you also have a download link to the full unity project package too as we will need that if we need to make bug fixes etc down the line.

Oh and be sure to put some short tees in (not challenge tees as sim doesn't use them) of between 50 and 100 yards. It'll save us a job later if it's one of the winners. Good luck!

Sounds good, thanks Mike.  My longest front tee is 150 on the hole that’s 245 from championship.  I think it's a good spot for a tee on a high point and from an angle that removes all forced carry.  It's the hardest hole on the course so I don't want to go too easy on the front tee there but if you think it needs to be shorter I'll leave that up to you.  Most of the front tees are probably 80-100 and I should probably check them for distance variety now that you mention it.  Just noticed I happened to post screenshots from the longer holes but there is a wide range of variety in distance from the back tees..shortest hole is 80 and the longest is 245.

I did grab the SpeedTree package last night.  No oaks but I will find something close enough that I like.  I don’t have to replicate the site exactly for this contest as it is a fictional course.  Just happy that I'm getting a course in on time.  The basics of Course Forge are pretty easy to use and your video tutorials were a big help getting me up to speed quick enough to make it happen.

#234 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 08:01 AM

*IMPORTANT* Just another reminder for everyone. If you have made an entry or are planning to do so please make sure you also send us a download link to the entire unity project. 

* To create a unity package of the project make sure nothing in the scene or project is selected and choose export package from the assets menu in unity. This will gather everything in the project and save it to a package which we can import to make tee alterations etc to better suit sim players.

#235 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 12:09 PM

Tick Tock, last day of the contest, time is running out!

Some great courses so far both 18 and 9 holes. We've had a blast testing them and I'm sure everyone here will love playing them too!

#236 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:05 PM

Proud of you Brian, you did a fine job learning Course Forge and maybe we can play this tonight with the gang? Or for the second round?

Now you can do both other courses there as well since both You and Brian Silvernail helped with one or two of the holes there for a design contest.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#237 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:09 PM

Tick Tock, last day of the contest, time is running out!

Some great courses so far both 18 and 9 holes. We've had a blast testing them and I'm sure everyone here will love playing them too!

Mike, 

Any idea of the timescale as to when theyll be released out to the community.. got a par 3 championship coming up middle of September :)

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#238 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 01:42 PM

Mike, 

Any idea of the timescale as to when theyll be released out to the community.. got a par 3 championship coming up middle of September :)

We will be announcing the winners next week so I imagine it will be soon after that.

#239 johnmeyer

johnmeyer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 31 August 2018 - 03:47 PM

Great stuff, cheers

OGT Simulator Tour Admin

#240 BrianZ111

BrianZ111

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 31 August 2018 - 11:41 PM

Proud of you Brian, you did a fine job learning Course Forge and maybe we can play this tonight with the gang? Or for the second round?

Now you can do both other courses there as well since both You and Brian Silvernail helped with one or two of the holes there for a design contest.

Thanks, putting the final touches on in now.  Will hold off on submitting until after we play it.  Preferably play it first round in case there's something found that I have to fix.  I figured out how to make the waste area play like sand and not have weird edges in the transition between Course Forge shapes and the painted Unity landscape so I'm pretty excited about that.

As far as the real courses there I'm holding out hope that the Keiser's are going to get a simulator and pay to have the courses made.  If so I'm going to lobby for rescanning the land for elevations because the LiDAR was scanned before the courses were built and I'd hate to have to try to accurately shape those greens by hand.  If it happens Brian Silvernail will collaborate with me on at least Mammoth Dunes which is the course his contest winning hole is on if not the other courses too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users