• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#41 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 01:21 PM

Sounds good. Hoping real life will afford me the time to finish an entry! May have to temper the eye candy depending on the deadline.

Hope you manage to give it a go DP. Eye candy I guess is secondary to design with this but obviously great design and eye candy is ideal!

#42 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 19 July 2018 - 12:26 PM

Sounds good. Hoping real life will afford me the time to finish an entry! May have to temper the eye candy depending on the deadline.

May real life allow me to finish ANYTHING!!..  :P  :lol:

Hazeltine National is almost in Beta stage and only have a few things needed to do (if I can get my friend to send me his houses..lol) but I would like to do at least 9 for this competition.

• AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#43 jmk59

jmk59

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  • LocationSouthern MD

Posted 19 July 2018 - 03:35 PM

Hazeltine National is almost in Beta stage and only have a few things needed to do (if I can get my friend to send me his houses..lol) but I would like to do at least 9 for this competition.

Please do Joe - another US Open / PGA Championship course to check off in the Career Mod.

#44 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 20 July 2018 - 05:51 PM

It's mostly done now but I want to add the houses and the rest of the tee markers before I release it. I've already played it myself about 50 times so I know I am not missing much and it does play very nicely. I've been to the course a few times but they have changed it AGAIN since the Ryder cup mostly by losing some more trees.

This course is brutal though, it's hard to score good on this one..lol - PAR IS GREAT HERE!!

Please do Joe - another US Open / PGA Championship course to check off in the Career Mod.

• jmk59 and Greensboronclion like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#45 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 20 July 2018 - 08:11 PM

It's mostly done now but I want to add the houses and the rest of the tee markers before I release it. I've already played it myself about 50 times so I know I am not missing much and it does play very nicely. I've been to the course a few times but they have changed it AGAIN since the Ryder cup mostly by losing some more trees.

This course is brutal though, it's hard to score good on this one..lol - PAR IS GREAT HERE!!

I'm working the week of the Women's PGA at Hazeltine next summer. Knowing that I will probably never play the course, this is as close as I will get. Can't wait.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#46 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 04:46 PM

OK I have more details now so I'm going to post them here and also in the first post of the thread for easy reference.

Closing date for entries will be August 31st:

TrackMan Par 3 Design Challenge

TrackMan is pleased to announce a CourseForge design competition, providing all community members with an opportunity to design and create a challenging and fun par 3 course for TrackMan Indoor Golf and the PerfectGolf game.

Contestants are asked to create a unique par 3 course with the CourseForge design software. The course should provide a fun challenge to players of various skill levels from beginners to experts, and in addition it should be as aesthetically pleasing as possible. All course styles are welcomed such as Oceanside, Parkland, Forrest, Links, Fantasy etc.

There are prizes for the best courses submitted.

Prizes are as follows:

1st EUR 1,000
2nd EUR 700
3rd EUR 400
4th EUR 250
5th EUR 150

Course requirements

• Any submission must contain minimum 9 holes but preferably 18 holes

• Hole designs cannot be replicas of existing holes or courses but inspiration may be taken from the world's best par 3 holes

• The length of each hole can be anywhere from 50 to 250 yards, but for every hole at least 3 different tee lengths are required (easy, medium, difficult)

• For every hole, 3 different pin positions are required (easy, medium, difficult)

• Courses should have environmental sounds

• Courses must be able to be loaded and played in TrackMan Indoor Golf and PerfectGolf (as bug free as possible)

• The author(s) of the course will be credited on the loading screen and as part of the course description, if desired.

• Not all courses need to be suitable for all skills levels of golfers ie: ‘Beginners’ courses or courses suitable for medium to advanced players are all welcome. However, courses that are designed well enough to cater to a wide variety of players will be preferred by the judging panel. This can be accomplished by the clever use of tee lengths and angles to the green.

Entry requirements

All contestants must acknowledge and agree to the requirements outlined below.

• Entries can only be submitted by email to mjo@trackman.com

• The mail should include:

• Designer’s real name and address

• Course description

• Link to the course download location (e.g. Dropbox)

• If a course is considered to have sufficient quality, but does not receive one of the main prizes, TrackMan may at their discretion award further prizes of EUR 150 for each course chosen in addition to the main prizefund.

• In the event of a prize winning entry the contestant grants TrackMan all legal rights to the playable course (including but not limited to the digital course file and name rights)

• Multiple entries and joint entries are allowed but if a prize is won by a joint entry it will be split evenly among contestants so all names must be included on the entry information.

• TrackMan may have to adjust the prize winning courses slightly. These changes are meant to improve the design in relation to the design requirements. Trackman will also fix any bugs found on the courses.

• The winning courses are planned to be released for TrackMan Indoor Golf – and will also be made available to the PG community to play in PerfectGolf.

All identified winners of the competition are responsible for any and all applicable taxes and other government levies that arise from the prizes awarded to each winner

#47 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 06:57 PM

Sounds fun but legal rights to the unity project file may have to keep me on the periphery.

Not to be a buzz kill but all my Blender created objects, Photoshop generated textures, handcrafted Speedtrees, and manually produced particle effects somehow become Trackman's possession??

I would happily pass a final course file, a terrain heightmap, and even splines but...

Others will have to chime in here so I can get a better sense of whether I'm unrealistic with my concerns.

#48 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:18 PM

Sounds fun but legal rights to the unity project file may have to keep me on the periphery.

Not to be a buzz kill but all my Blender created objects, Photoshop generated textures, handcrafted Speedtrees, and manually produced particle effects somehow become Trackman's possession??

I would happily pass a final course file, a terrain heightmap, and even splines but...

Others will have to chime in here so I can get a better sense of whether I'm unrealistic with my concerns.

I think it's more to do with having to have access to the project to fix bugs or make minor changes to the course file. There is no intention to use any of the individual items.I think I can safely edit the terms to reflect that. Thx for bringing that up DP.
  • DPRoberts likes this

#49 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:24 PM

Question: Is beta testing allowed / not allowed?

I'd be okay either way.

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#50 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 07:26 PM

Question: Is beta testing allowed / not allowed?

I'd be okay either way.

Yes I don't see why that would be an issue.

#51 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 25 July 2018 - 09:45 PM

Thanks for the re-phrasing there Mike. I tend to tighten up when I feel legal-eeze constraints.

#52 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 26 July 2018 - 02:27 AM

its more than likely a dumb question .but what are you looking for in course description?.i mean its a fic.. par 3 course.

#53 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 06:07 AM

its more than likely a dumb question .but what are you looking for in course description?.i mean its a fic.. par 3 course.

How would you describe your course? Its basically just some info on the course so that people can make an informed choice before playing it.

#54 hiltonwelford

hiltonwelford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 134 posts
  • Locationnew zealand

Posted 26 July 2018 - 07:11 AM

thanks mike.

#55 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 July 2018 - 08:41 AM

Sounds real tempting but I think I work too slow and too little spare time to finish it in a month :(

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

#56 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

I think I'm in. I past due to start something, anything in Unity and with CF anyway. I need to make sure I haven't forgotten everything by now.

Might as well go for this. 

• cajuncapgun, highfade and Stingreye like this

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#57 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:01 AM

Oh it's on now! Nuthin' I like better than going 

up against a cat hatin' , kitty killin' Black Swan

and his 3 Sisters.

Will there be cake?

• cajuncapgun likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#58 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 10:49 AM

I was thinking of quiche, actually. 

Oh, and highfade aka Adriaan: Don't sit this one out, please. I know it's short notice, but have a go anyway. And do bring some kudu biltong to the after-party. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#59 Mike Jones

Mike Jones

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 6,159 posts

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:01 AM

Although I'm not eligible for a prize I might try and build a course in my spare time - the more the merrier right?  :)

• NoPutt and Stingreye like this

#60 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 26 July 2018 - 11:50 AM

I’m in and underway

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users