69 replies to this topic

#21 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 09:23 PM

These can be areas though that I'm referring to in regard to getting in my own way. Sometimes, you have to get the bigger details done and come back to the little stuff if there's enough time. I tend to spend a bit too much time on the little stuff. But, that's what I enjoy the most to be honest.

YlfjHDi.jpg

• bortimus, RobC, Justin9926 and 3 others like this

#22 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 19 November 2018 - 10:31 PM

Wonderful artistry DP, be careful though, Pingzing will get

cha if that tree hits his golfcart on that path..Great work.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#23 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 12:27 AM

There's plenty of room around the bend if you zoom in on it.

But, if I can hire jimbobh's horse girl to be cart girl, he'll be lucky enough to knock himself out and have a chance to be resuscitated by her.

#24 slewin

slewin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 08:09 AM

Yep the 8k textures broke it wide open for me!!
I’d like to see how you are editing non destructively.
I’m looking forward to more designers jumping into this technique as it provide for more unique designs and creativity.
Good job!!
  • DPRoberts likes this

#25 jspirate

jspirate

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 02:52 PM

Wonderful artistry DP, be careful though, Pingzing will get

cha if that tree hits his golfcart on that path..Great work.

Yeah, and if you don't have a smooth transition from path to bridge. I feel like he might be more concerned about the beer drinking in the cart than he his the play-ability of the course - haha

• DPRoberts likes this

i7-8700K
GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS Pro
64 GB DDR4 3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X
LG 32GK850G
Win 10 Home Premium on 1TB SSD

Courses:

Bradford Links - released

Ironwood - released

Cypress Landing - released (also available in a 3DG version)

Crow's Nest - released

#26 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 03:17 PM

Thankfully, Scioto recently adopted the GPS carts that limit where you can go as well. So, he shouldn't be able to do too much damage or they'll just shut him down.

But, once released, it will be play at your own risk... There are currently no plans to add a shark to the creek running through the course.

#27 Justin9926

Justin9926

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 04:05 PM

bf6IpMD.gif

XnVEd4F.gif

• M Rose, mcthommo and DPRoberts like this

Asus ROG G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop

2.5 GHz Intel Core i7– 4710HQ

Nvidia GTX 970M 3GB GDDR5

16 GB DDR3

Windows 10 64-bit

#28 Drrobmiller

Drrobmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • LocationLong island

Posted 21 November 2018 - 10:41 PM

really good stuff D-Man!
  • DPRoberts likes this

#29 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 22 November 2018 - 02:24 AM

These can be areas though that I'm referring to in regard to getting in my own way. Sometimes, you have to get the bigger details done and come back to the little stuff if there's enough time. I tend to spend a bit too much time on the little stuff. But, that's what I enjoy the most to be honest.

YlfjHDi.jpg

Empty your pm's I love the look of that cart path! I'm digging the textures too but those paths look super clean!

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#30 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 22 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Empty your pm's I love the look of that cart path! I'm digging the textures too but those paths look super clean!

Aye, aye, Captain! I deleted a few old ones so you should be good to fire away.
  • axe360 likes this

#31 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 02:31 AM

Greens, pins, and bunker contouring complete. Half the course covered in trees. Small structures and fiddling left. I'm thinking of leaving the clubhouse off for beta release so I can get it out before Xmas. 

The terrain overlay is so much fun if you haven't tried it. You have to enjoy Photoshop/Gimp though. I've even got a technique if you wanted to paint from scratch and get this kind of result for a fantasy course.

Too much dead grass?? Alpha blending just not quite right on divots...damn Unity...

ZqVxO5Z.jpg

Hole 5 - drone view

CJW7TUV.jpg

• Keith, balaceanca81, Justin9926 and 1 other like this

#32 Larrykuh

Larrykuh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:21 AM

Matt,

I have several people on Discord-SIm that are wanting to try this technique. Can you do a video tutorial on how you remove the trrees/shadows from an overlay. You guys are doing truly outstanding work. The courses are looking almost photo realistic. Everyone really appreciates all of your efforts to share, and this one would be super helpful for everyone.

Thanks,

Larry

• Justin9926 likes this

#33 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:23 AM

Matt,

I have several people on Discord-SIm that are wanting to try this technique. Can you do a video tutorial on how you remove the trrees/shadows from an overlay. You guys are doing truly outstanding work. The courses are looking almost photo realistic. Everyone really appreciates all of your efforts to share, and this one would be super helpful for everyone.

Thanks,

Larry

I concur.

Larry

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#34 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:28 AM

Matt,

If you do a tutorial I would love to see your preferred method of adding realistic mowlines.  I have tried several approaches without much success.

Thanks for posting your progress.  Looking fantastic.  

#35 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:39 AM

Matt,

Thanks,
Larry

I can do that. There are several concepts that I can cover to get people headed in the right direction.

It'll probably be 30-40 minutes of me rambling on different tools, layers, masking and other techniques. I just don't have time to parse the video and pretty things up if that's ok?
  • Justin9926 likes this

#36 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:42 AM

Bring it!  Your videos are just right.

Done with designing.

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

#37 DPRoberts

DPRoberts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:46 AM

Haha... Ok. It'll be 20 years of what I've learned in Photoshop and how I'm applying it to my course overlay in under an hour.

It'll have to wait until tomorrow... Go find a notepad, a few pens and your drink of choice
  • axe360 and Justin9926 like this

#38 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 26 November 2018 - 03:56 AM

Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and time. It is very much appreciated.

#39 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 26 November 2018 - 04:38 AM

In regards to your comment:

"Too much dead grass??" - In the real world all courses have areas of "dead grass" and in my opinion, having these areas in rendition gives courses a much more realistic look.  Your hole 5 screen shot with the yellow areas off the fairway illustrate what I am referring to.

Looking forward to checking out the beta.

RTSM - Pro

#40 highfade

highfade

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,749 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 26 November 2018 - 06:44 AM

I can do that. There are several concepts that I can cover to get people headed in the right direction.

It'll probably be 30-40 minutes of me rambling on different tools, layers, masking and other techniques. I just don't have time to parse the video and pretty things up if that's ok?

Thanks, I could really use some help on this.  I'm using GIMP and at best I'm able to clone a fourball out of the fairway or a tree here and there.

Getting the bunker edges at Chambers to match the overlay is a real pain in the butt.  You have sand in the grass or grass in the bunker and the bunker spline can't make all those sharp turns. I don't know what is the downside of cranking up the density of the gridfill in the layers library?

Intel Core i5-6600 CPU 3.3 GHz       Geforce GTX 1060        16GB  RAM       Windows 10 64 bit

Hazyview  (600m above sea level)    --   Nautilus Bay  (Revamp done)  --  Cape Fear  (TGC  adaptation)  --  Aloe Ridge  --  Nahoon Reef GC  --  Chambers Bay 

Abel's Crossing  --  Solitude Links GC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users