336 replies to this topic

#281 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 06:51 PM

I also prefer the look of PG courses but these videos don’t seem to show much improvement over the unfinished game we are all stuck with.

It very much seems like an evolutionary product..  There are some good videos showing 1st party courses that we have, but with native 3DG and real time water reflections and it's a nice, but admittedly not huge, upgrade.

I really wish we could get a PC version of that VG2 core.  Just the limited UI upgrades and graphical boost would be so very welcome.

#282 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:00 PM

That would be welcome but I can’t see it happening. Mike has been on this forum on quite a few occasions and could have confirmed or denied that the the game would be released for PC, but, for some reason, refuses to comment.

I really can’t see this forum lasting much longer given the current state of affairs!

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#283 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:27 PM

That would be welcome but I can’t see it happening. Mike has been on this forum on quite a few occasions and could have confirmed or denied that the the game would be released for PC, but, for some reason, refuses to comment.

I really can’t see this forum lasting much longer given the current state of affairs!

I guess you are more confident than I am in either direction.

Do we even know what role Mike has with Trackman (if any) right now?

I've always wished he and Andrew would comment more, as I know you have wished for also, but it's definitely not new that they aren't chiming in around here so I'm not sure what it means either way.

#284 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 26 October 2020 - 07:31 PM

I suppose I’m a little old fashioned. I just think it’s rude and frustrating.

How difficult is it to say, ‘there won’t be another version of PG’? Then, perhaps, we can all bugger off!

• Joe Habiger likes this
WWG1WGA

#285 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 27 October 2020 - 07:49 AM

Rudeness and apathy are not the intended results. There are a lot of other factors at work.
  • cajuncapgun, RobC and Mic Fleetwood like this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#286 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:59 AM

I sent MJ a private message a week ago.  Here is part of his response:

Attached File  MJ Response 2.png   100.93KB   37 downloads

#287 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:06 AM

I sent MJ a private message a week ago.  Here is part of his response:

attachicon.gifMJ Response 2.png

Pretty obvious in my opinion... 

• Buck likes this

#288 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:08 AM

Rudeness and apathy are not the intended results. There are a lot of other factors at work.

Well, that’s the way it’s come across to me, but, if there are ‘other factors’ at work just tell us. Even an ‘I’m not sure’, would be a response and adequate but just to ignore the repeated requests for a little information I consider to be rude.

I’m assuming that those are Mike’s words above when he says ‘general criticism’, but what does he expect?

What I can’t figure out is why Mike asked for input and ideas for the next iteration of PG and then just pull the plug?

WWG1WGA

#289 Riddler

Riddler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  • LocationMesquite, Nevada

Posted 27 October 2020 - 11:50 AM

It sounded to me like Mike is no longer involved with Trackman.  He also commented, in the response, about the Go Fund Me and that the response was poor and they ran out of money.  Seems like he totally forgot about all the comments after Trackman bought PP and PG.  I am sure there was a comment about hiring more coders after the sale.  He did say I'm hoping you get many more enjoyable years playing PG.  Maybe like Links 2003 it will just stay the same until there are no more players.  Who knows!

• Buck and SReesor like this

#290 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 12:02 PM

It sounded to me like Mike is no longer involved with Trackman.  He also commented, in the response, about the Go Fund Me and that the response was poor and they ran out of money.  Seems like he totally forgot about all the comments after Trackman bought PP and PG.  I am sure there was a comment about hiring more coders after the sale.  He did say I'm hoping you get many more enjoyable years playing PG.  Maybe like Links 2003 it will just stay the same until there are no more players.  Who knows!

I just don’t understand why Mike can reply to a PM but not post the same comments on the forum!

WWG1WGA

#291 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for reaching out to him and sharing what you heard.

I agree that it really kind of feels like he moved on from PP/TM/PG 1/2 at this point (but maybe not, who knows I guess).

I'm very thankful that they've at least left PG1 in a state where we can keep playing it as is.  My uncle and I play every single day and it's a total joy for us.  It very luckily perfectly fits our needs for simple linking up for match play with each other and honestly all the TW/2k21 style PGA bells and whistles would be lost on him at this point.  I'm just so happy we get to keep enjoying PG as is - at the minimum.

(as for me on the PGA bells and whistles - I still to this day occasionally fire up TW14 and go crazy with that for a week at a time for fun.  I don't know if we'll ever see such a content rich fully first party release like that again)

• tanman05851 likes this

#292 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 05:05 PM

Eniwa looks very nice

121386077_1390480011148735_6191864561477

Simple - nothing crazy, but clean and looks well executed.

Man I miss real time water reflections.  

So great that TM seems to have universally implemented that as well as 3DG on all their courses.

Lucky ducks with those Trackman simulators and this software

#293 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:25 AM

It looks ok but a bit cartoony. What I do like is the way you can run the grass texture down to the water’s edge in CF, something you can’t do with PGA Tour 2K21.

WWG1WGA

#294 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 31 October 2020 - 01:19 PM

SpeedTrees really don't look that good to me, IMO, unless they are at max level LOD.
  • RobV likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#295 bgast1

bgast1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 03:28 PM

Maybe Mike is just burnt out at computer golf altogether. We can't know for sure. Look at all the folks that have left us or lost interest. He's human, he can feel the same way. But the problem could also just be legal in nature and he is prevented from doing PG or any other golf game.

#296 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,530 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:10 PM

It's also possible that Mike isn't burnt out and is simply continuing work for Trackman, who owns this software and IP, and has been continuing to work on it and more courses for their simulator clients with version 2.

(every shred of evidence available points to this being the case by the way)

I totally get and share the frustrations here about where we got left.

We are basically the jilted ex-lovers who can see the "new relationship" online at Trackmans instagram page.

• M Rose and IanK like this

#297 DennisHarris

DennisHarris

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationSummerville SC

Posted 05 November 2020 - 09:40 AM

Business is business.  Meaning PG is what it is.  Sold to TM and that is that.  No one was jilted.  Not one of us know what the sale agreement between PG and TM is.  We are here still and that is INHO  a good thing.  What is ...... is.  

• Abe likes this

Digital Storm Ryzen 9 3900X/12 core  3.79MHZ/16 gig Ram /  Radeon R5700xt

#298 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 11:37 AM

So you don’t think we’re entitled to an explanation?

• Jesus Jones likes this
WWG1WGA

#299 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 02:15 PM

Why do you think you would have any entitlement to receive a statement?

This is business stuff, all you did was buying a licence that gave you the right to play the game. It didn't make you an owner of the company. As long as you are no owner or employee of the company you have no rights except playing the game and using PP's Servers.

Don't get me wrong, I also want to know how it will go on here, but if Andrew keeps his mouth shut we all have to accept that. It is HIS decision.

• cajuncapgun, rob1312, RobC and 2 others like this

Who cares...

#300 Parboy

Parboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts
  • LocationKansas City MO by way of Santa Ana CA

Posted 05 November 2020 - 05:36 PM

Good thing this subject hasn't been beaten to death in numerous other threads.

• fungolfer, erwildcat and RobV like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users