#181 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:01 PM

Canuck could have made the round harder still, as whilst he shot -1 on Legend (a great achievement looking at how hard the swing is) he putted with the new meter enabled, where some guys are already saying they will ultimately look to play with the meter turned off.

#182 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 04:10 PM

All looking and sounding good and "better" than before..

To your point Daz - I just need to see some more, totally unaffiliated or interested either way, videos once it releases.

Like you said - those guys are never going to be anything but positive and risk losing access, etc

(doesn't mean they are wrong or inflating it -- just can't know either way really at all)

#183 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 09:46 PM

This ReSpawn video is the one that has most sold me on this update so far..

It seems like 2K told HB to drop some of the old “rules about how it must be” and they finally got serious about addressing a lot of things many have wanted.

I really really wish they’d lock out the splash/flop stuff as he talks about though.

It’s really a disservice to a golf experience to not penalize folks who aren’t properly worrying about risk/reward and shot/aim selection by allowing easy bail out clubs and shots around the green.

• Keith and IanK like this

#184 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:00 PM

All these videos are made using controllers. Looks like the game was not designed with considerations for mouse users. Probably why there is not a click option.

#185 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 11 August 2020 - 11:21 PM

All these videos are made using controllers. Looks like the game was not designed with considerations for mouse users. Probably why there is not a click option.

Unrelated.

Rory had a great 3-click, despite primarily being controller based.

#186 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 12:03 AM

I hope there is a click option, but I have not seen it or heard it mentioned in any of these previews. If it were there, one would think someone would have at least said so if not actually demonstrated.

#187 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 01:30 AM

I hope there is a click option, but I have not seen it or heard it mentioned in any of these previews. If it were there, one would think someone would have at least said so if not actually demonstrated.

Correct - there is no click option.

That's not new - TGC has never had it as HB has been against it from the very beginning 5-6 years ago.

#188 sideshowbob

sideshowbob

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:35 AM

Is this game purely controller only or are there any mouse options ie motion swing or 3 click?

#189 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

This ReSpawn video is the one that has most sold me on this update so far..

It seems like 2K told HB to drop some of the old “rules about how it must be” and they finally got serious about addressing a lot of things many have wanted.

I really really wish they’d lock out the splash/flop stuff as he talks about though.

It’s really a disservice to a golf experience to not penalize folks who aren’t properly worrying about risk/reward and shot/aim selection by allowing easy bail out clubs and shots around the green.

I dislike canned shots so much that I try not to use them in PG apart from chipping. Pitching is played using a partial full shot which even gives you a little in the way of check spin. 
I suspect a non-golfing video golf player will always use the easiest shot even to play, if it’s not realistic. As I only play PG by myself I try to make it as realistic and thereby as hard as possible. 

• Keith and Buck like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#190 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 03:02 PM

Is this game purely controller only or are there any mouse options ie motion swing or 3 click?

Not super sure on mouse this go around..

I will say that last time I tried their mouse swing, I was ready to pitch my mouse in the trash.  

It was dreadful in comparison to the wonderful mouse swing options in PG

#191 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:38 PM

I dislike canned shots so much that I try not to use them in PG apart from chipping. Pitching is played using a partial full shot which even gives you a little in the way of check spin. 
I suspect a non-golfing video golf player will always use the easiest shot even to play, if it’s not realistic. As I only play PG by myself I try to make it as realistic and thereby as hard as possible. 

Yeah..I was always hoping if we ever saw PG2 the flop from tight lies would be completely eliminated or seriously beefed up.  It's just so unrealistic relative to how the game is actually played.  It also would force players to use a bump and run or try and judge a long putt over changing terrain.  Full disclosure..I've used to flop from fairway/fringe MANY times..so I'm a hypocrite for sure.  Going cold turkey starting today.

• Buck likes this

#192 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 06:39 PM

Great points Keith

I always have to avoid thinking about how bummed out I am that there won’t be a PG 2
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#193 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:10 PM

Still no customization in the designer which is disappointing, but at least there are more options this time. There's now 32 textures of each type instead of 16, and all the plants and trees are now global and not dependent on a theme. It also has some nice looking 3D grass. I think it is definitely going to be an improvement.

What concerned me about the global plants was the fact that in the vid he never laid any holes and never placed a lot of trees and plants etc, yet his allowed memory jumped to 21%   This does not bode well for mix n matching.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#194 Keith

Keith

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 12 August 2020 - 08:38 PM

Great points Keith

I always have to avoid thinking about how bummed out I am that there won’t be a PG 2

Yep..same here.  Played Sedgefield today and enjoyed it, but it's frustrating how close the guys were.  It's to their credit we can still fire it up and have an enjoyable round, but "what mght have been" is definitely always in the air.

• Buck and Greensboronclion like this

#195 Joe Habiger

Joe Habiger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts
  • LocationCoon Rapids, MN

Posted 12 August 2020 - 11:42 PM

Any pot bunkers?

Maybe not a perfect JNPG pot bunker but i did see this screenshot and what looks to be a decent representation of one. not sure i have seen this style in previous versions of TGC..

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

• RobV and Greensboronclion like this
  • AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
  • Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
  • Sapphire Nitro+ SE AMD Radeon 6800XT
  • G.Skill Trident Z Royal RGB 16GB DDR4-3600
  • Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen 4 PCIe M.2
  • Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD M.2 NVMe
  • Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD
  • Sound Blaster ZX Soundcard
  • EVGA 750 Gold Power Supply
  • Fractal Design Meshify S2 Case
  • Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML360R
  • "43 inch Vizio 4k Monitor

#196 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 12 August 2020 - 11:45 PM

Maybe not a perfect JNPG pot bunker but i did see this screenshot and what looks to be a decent representation of one. not sure i have seen this style in previous versions of TGC..

https://pbs.twimg.co...=jpg&name=large

Well -- it's something I guess..

I give them points for trying though, no question

#197 holee

holee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:38 AM

Thx Joe.

#198 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 13 August 2020 - 06:04 AM

I'm liking all i see with 2K21 apart from that shitty tempo, seen so many hitting fasts an slows on almost every shot, this in itself is fine but it appears that you cannot discern why its happening, which makes the in game calibration a bit of a pointless exercise.  If i had to guess i would say its influenced by hole by hole frame rates, if this is the case its gonna be impossible to iron it out of your game and will remain a lottery.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#199 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:58 AM

To me the height of the ball/launch angle looks all wrong, especially the longer irons, which seem to soar far too high!
https://youtu.be/RNkgVLsH3JE

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#200 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 August 2020 - 11:39 AM

I've been watching all those videos for few days now and must say that the game looks nice! Better than I expected for sure.

Water, lighting, 3D grass, textures and even objects have nice look and colours. Only the bunker edges still suck. Also trees look real good and there's no popping LOD levels in them. And there's no popping up terrain which loses it's accuracy either. Also sky is 3D and looks ok. There are also nice pitch marks and ball's rolling stripes in sand and in the wet fairways / greens. Ball landing to water is also much better made than in PG. Physics seem to work pretty well too.

I'm not so interested in playing with controller so I don't care too much about how good this is as a PC/console game. If you can have this game with a launch monitor, I think it's a must buy (one time fee or as a service fee). Hope they make a simulation interface into it soon and allow also playing those PGA courses.

Using lidar in a course designer is a must. Hope they'll realize that. I know you can import older TGC courses into it and they have some kind of lidar tool already in TGC, so using also older version of the game is one way to get lidar data in and then continue working with the new PGA Tour 2k21 designer. Some kind of lidar and overhead image tool to the designer should be definitely made. Then this would be a great game. Even without overlay option for textures.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users