613 replies to this topic

#201 zmax - sim

zmax - sim

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,183 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 01:56 PM

It has already been confirmed that 2k21 will not be made into a simulator version.

#202 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:17 PM

To me the height of the ball/launch angle looks all wrong, especially the longer irons, which seem to soar far too high!
https://youtu.be/RNkgVLsH3JE

I agree with that. The 4 iron looked like a 9 iron in PG. It seems like they worked so hard on offering every option available to customize your ANI and forgot that what really matters in a golf sim: the physics of the golf ball and the swing that goes along with it.

#203 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 03:51 PM

I agree with that. The 4 iron looked like a 9 iron in PG. It seems like they worked so hard on offering every option available to customize your ANI and forgot that what really matters in a golf sim: the physics of the golf ball and the swing that goes along with it.

I don’t know if they forgot necessarily…

I would just contend that they are really walking the line between a simulation, which doesn’t have the mass-market appeal, and an arcade release that does have all the money and audience they are looking for.

I think they just are spending their budget carefully to make sure things they invest in provide a return.

To be fair that isn’t really new.

HB has basically been doing this the whole time with TGC and it’s one of the main reasons they’ve had such a hard time pulling in the PG audience.

We skew much more heavily towards caring about truly realistic gameplay, shots and physics here then their general audience
  • Greensboronclion likes this

#204 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:15 PM

Probably should let this go because I am not trying to start an argument (nor am I going to), but I personally know and have seen some pros who can hit a 4 iron that literally drops out of the sky. Not saying 2K21's physics are exactly on target or anything, but I wouldn't say they have completely ignored ball physics as part of the new game because you see a video of a 4 iron shot with an apex that high.

One old friend of mine I played the occasional round with hit shots like that with his long irons and I was always taken aback by it. (Like, how does he do that?) It's unusual, but isn't unrealistic.

• Buck likes this
Ken

#205 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,537 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 04:19 PM

What do people think of some of the ground physics?

I swear some of the drives roll out on the fairways in some really bouncy fashions for some reason
  • tanman05851 likes this

#206 Dropzone73

Dropzone73

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 August 2020 - 07:34 PM

It has already been confirmed that 2k21 will not be made into a simulator version.

Sad to hear, but thanks for the info.

#207 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2020 - 08:25 PM

I swear some of the drives roll out on the fairways in some really bouncy fashions for some reason

I've noticed that too, that some drives rolled quite a ways. I wondered if the fairway setting was placed at very firm, or whatever they call their different settings, and if the particular course theme has a firmness setting baked into it. 

• tanman05851 likes this
Ken

#208 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 14 August 2020 - 03:21 PM

This definitely sticks out to me as well.  Maybe that's something they can tune/tweak later.  

Overall though I'm excited to try the game as it seems to be a big step in the right direction.  Respawn's videos have convinced me that there is certainly enough meat in there for folks like me (and most in this forum) to get much more enjoyment out of the game.

We'll see.  I'm set to try it once it's released.  Will report back with my findings.  A few weeks ago I was cautiously optimistic.  Today I'm mostly optimistic.  I'm sure there will be a few disappointments but I'm hoping for the best.

• Tigers Agent, Buck and Greensboronclion like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#209 scajjr29

scajjr29

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationNH, USA

Posted 14 August 2020 - 11:36 PM

I think with all the options you can turn on or off, different club types so you can mix & match clubs (forgiveness, distance, etc) and 5 skill levels to do all that in, one should be able, after some experimenting, to find what combo works best for them and enjoy the game.

sam

Desktop- MSI MAG X570 Tomahawk, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, Corsair Hydro H150i Pro cooler, 32Gb DDR4-3600, ASUS 6900XT LC Hybrid, Corsair MP600 1Tb PCIe 4 NVMe (x 2), 850 EVO 1Tb, Corsair 750Gb SSDs & Hitachi 3Tb HDD ,EVGA 1000PG PSU,Monoprice 27772 32" 4K HDR monitor x2,Windows 10 Pro x64, Salient Arch Linux

Laptop- Eluktronics (Clevo) P670RS-G  i7-6700HQ, 32Gb DDR4, 512Gb & 256Gb NVMe SSDs, GTX 1070 8Gb graphics, 17.3" 1080p G-Sync, Win 10 Pro x64,

XBox One X 1Tb w/2Tb external HDD, PS4 Pro 1Tb w/1Tb external HDD

#210 Tigers Agent

Tigers Agent

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts
  • LocationNext Door.

Posted 15 August 2020 - 12:04 AM

• FranciscoCisco likes this

#211 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 August 2020 - 09:58 AM

I think with all the options you can turn on or off, different club types so you can mix & match clubs (forgiveness, distance, etc) and 5 skill levels to do all that in, one should be able, after some experimenting, to find what combo works best for them and enjoy the game.

sam

There are actually 6 skill levels

Beginner, Amateur, Pro-Am, Pro, Master, Legend.

One of the streams I watched said Pro in PGA 2K21 was about the equivalent of Master in TGC2019.

One option I find interesting is the Swing Calibration.It is intended to allow the player to personalise the speed of the swing based on 10 full practice shots, so the game sets the Fast/Slow based on how you swing. Instead of everyone having to adapt to a preset swing speed set by the game, like in previous releases.

In the past, if you had a fast swing, you either hit all shots fast or you had to adapt your swing to the game default. Now everyone can have their own individual swing.

You can do this calibration (if you prefer) each time you fire up the game, which again I find interesting, if the calibration does actually work as intended.If you think about it, the calibration could be like hitting a few practice shots on the range in real life before heading out on the course.

#212 Kimmer1947

Kimmer1947

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 02:24 PM

Am I correct that the game will be able to be played with a mouse swing?  If so, are there any links to current videos explaining/demonstrating the mouse swing?

#213 Niblick47

Niblick47

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:20 PM

Reading posts on the TCG forum, they seem to think there will be a mouse feature but that it will not be working properly at first similar to what happened with TGC19. They seemed to think HB gears the game those who use controllers and mouse swings are not high on their priority list.

#214 ArcadeHack

ArcadeHack

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 16 August 2020 - 03:41 PM

Reading posts on the TCG forum, they seem to think there will be a mouse feature but that it will not be working properly at first similar to what happened with TGC19. They seemed to think HB gears the game those who use controllers and mouse swings are not high on their priority list.

They have always geared the game around controller use. Clickers are left waiting for the bus to arrive eventually.

#215 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 16 August 2020 - 07:30 PM

I hope there is a click option, but I have not seen it or heard it mentioned in any of these previews. If it were there, one would think someone would have at least said so if not actually demonstrated.

You will never see 3C in a video golf game again IMHO as all games made today will be for console first and PC 2nd and consoles really dont use mouse.  PG is the last of the old guard and the future is the controller.

#216 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 17 August 2020 - 10:13 AM

I will buy it on steam and hammer it for just under 2 hrs then refund, if i like what i have seen then CD keys are selling it for £38  The career mode interests me the most, looks like they put some work into it this time.  I'm not convinced that the short game has improved that much, it has always been clunky and without feel, we will see i guess.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#217 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:21 PM

I see that JimGem is ditching TGC2019 and will be going solely to PGA 2K21, so for a long time TGC'er to take that step he must feel the game is a big enough step up from the last one.

I've bitten the bullet and pre-ordered on PS4, so will have to see how we go.

#218 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:31 PM

I preordered for Steam as I want to play on the PC and will go from there.  On the topic of the high 4 Iron shot for me its not an issue as I have hit high shots my whole life and hit my long irons very high and the same with my Driver and 3W and have never gotten a lot of roll so it does happen and there are Pro players that hit high balls also.  To me this game looks light years ahead of TGC 2019 and I too look at the career mode as something that really interests me as I dont have one for PG and that is the shame of it.

#219 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:24 PM

G,

I don't have an issue with the high ball flight (McIlroy hits the ball really high) it was just how the ball flight looked in one of the videos that was uploaded to YT. It could have just been the camera angles that were being used, as the ball flight just looked unrealistically high to myself and also to Ian K, who had also commented on the video.

That said, I have seen other videos, from the practice range and the ball flight of the clubs looked good. I would also agree with you in that this latest offering looks light years ahead of TGC2019. It will be a challenge for me, but one I'm looking forward to, as have always been a 3 Clicker, but now starts the controller swing adventure. 

I will hopefully know more for myself on Friday, once my PS4 pre-order has been downloaded from the store. I've just joined TGCTours.com website in readiness for their new season getting underway on 22nd Aug, as they are transitioning the site over to PGA 2K21 and will be opening the doors for Q-School hopefully from 22nd Aug.

• Greensboronclion likes this

#220 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:13 PM

G,

I don't have an issue with the high ball flight (McIlroy hits the ball really high) it was just how the ball flight looked in one of the videos that was uploaded to YT. It could have just been the camera angles that were being used, as the ball flight just looked unrealistically high to myself and also to Ian K, who had also commented on the video.

That said, I have seen other videos, from the practice range and the ball flight of the clubs looked good. I would also agree with you in that this latest offering looks light years ahead of TGC2019. It will be a challenge for me, but one I'm looking forward to, as have always been a 3 Clicker, but now starts the controller swing adventure. 

I will hopefully know more for myself on Friday, once my PS4 pre-order has been downloaded from the store. I've just joined TGCTours.com website in readiness for their new season getting underway on 22nd Aug, as they are transitioning the site over to PGA 2K21 and will be opening the doors for Q-School hopefully from 22nd Aug.

I will be very interested to see how you get on with the game Daz. I’m looking forward to seeing how you do playing partial shorts, which I play a lot in PG.

The game looks far better than before, but, for some strange reason, I still prefer the look of PG. 
I’ll wait to see what you think of the game before I (and my son) commit to buying it. 

Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users