#42 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

Not really surprising that hard core Links 2003 players might feel that way. With Andrew and Mike being such a huge part of the Links 2003 community I would venture to say that those that played Links would assume that the game would more closely resemble Links than TW.

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#43 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:19 PM

Not really surprising that hard core Links 2003 players might feel that way. With Andrew and Mike being such a huge part of the Links 2003 community I would venture to say that those that played Links would assume that the game would more closely resemble Links than TW.

Highly unlikely.

Older 2D golf games are static whereas these two games have course animations.

Watch the water and shadows move realistically, trees blowing in the breeze, birds, bugs and butterflies flying in the sky. PerfectGolf's HD and animations are superior to TW but they are indeed, similar.

PerfectGolf:

TW08:

#44 ed dawson

ed dawson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 12:01 AM

Pretty pictures are one thing, but if the game has to be a good simulation of the sport too.

• YankeeJim likes this

#45 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:28 AM

Highly unlikely.

Older 2D golf games are static whereas these two games have course animations.

Watch the water and shadows move realistically, trees blowing in the breeze, birds, bugs and butterflies flying in the sky. PerfectGolf's HD and animations are superior to TW but they are indeed, similar.

PerfectGolf:

TW08:

Look closely at some of the better user designed Links 2003 courses and you'll instantly see that PP appears to be a 3D version of Links 2003 which is what many of us have said all along.The only similarity I can see with the early videos of PP and TW are the fact that they are 3D. Beyond that I see no similarity whatsoever.

#46 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:35 AM

@ Sinewiz: You wouldn't. So let's agree to disagree...

#47 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:45 AM

You got it LeeRay! ;) Didn't figure you would see the striking similarity to Links 2003 either.

#48 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Pretty pictures are one thing, but if the game has to be a good simulation of the sport too.

The videos are simply there for graphics comparison. We are all aware that "how the game plays" is important. ;)

#49 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

Is there somewhere we can register our interest to become beta testers? I think with the demise of TWO there will be a lot of interest and having a guaranteed input into  this would certainly get the masses interested  :D

Just look in the General Topic for Beta Testers.  There's plenty of us who have stated we would try the game in Beta version "IF" it were to have a Beta version.

#50 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

I think I will be holding off my next pc purchase until I know a little more about spec needed for PG.

You can't go wrong with a $700.00 Windows 64 Bit Home Edition Desktop. ;)

Just order one with the most important components. Good CPU, Video Module, 8GB RAM, CD/DVD-RW.  USB 2.0 and 3.0 ports. No one needs a
hard drive bigger than 500GB either. No need for digital finger print security, blueray DVD, etc.

Check Tigerdirect.com and Amazon.com .

#51 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:56 AM

No one needs a hard drive bigger than 500GB either.

:blink:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#52 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:10 PM

I love my 2 TB :)

Any news on a Beta?

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

#53 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

:blink:

Brought back memories of my first 286. Salesman told me you will "never" need more space than this 20 MEG Drive will hold. :lol:

#54 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 11 June 2013 - 09:50 PM

Look closely at some of the better user designed Links 2003 courses and you'll instantly see that PP appears to be a 3D version of Links 2003 which is what many of us have said all along.The only similarity I can see with the early videos of PP and TW are the fact that they are 3D. Beyond that I see no similarity whatsoever.

Going by the pic below of MJ's Rugged Dune HD from LInks 2003 v1.07, I would have to agree....

RDHD5low.jpg

• John Griffin and Davefevs like this

#55 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:09 PM

Now even I can admit that pic looks awesome but how do we get graphix like that to actually move? IE: moving grass, trees, birds etc.. IF PP can pull that off, then we are going to have some fun.... B) The problem with links is you dont feel like your actually there. TW's 08 does that for ya, so again, mix the 2 together, then bring it into the 21st century (which I believe PG is trying to do) and I'm in!

Not putting down links at all. It has some very good qualities from what I have seen...

• Nemesis, Tigers Agent and DUNKLBJ like this

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#56 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 11:59 PM

Now even I can admit that pic looks awesome but how do we get graphix like that to actually move? IE: moving grass, trees, birds etc.. IF PP can pull that off, then we are going to have some fun.... B) The problem with links is you dont feel like your actually there. TW's 08 does that for ya, so again, mix the 2 together, then bring it into the 21st century (which I believe PG is trying to do) and I'm in!

Not putting down links at all. It has some very good qualities from what I have seen...

On the contrary Axe. The graphics on many of the user designed courses are so amazing that you do indeed feel like your there. As you stated, if we can get visuals even close to this this in 3D then we are all in store for something truly amazing.

#57 Brucey Mc

Brucey Mc

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • LocationTeesside, UK #UTB

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

I don't see any arguments just a difference of opinion. I won't offer mine just in case.
  • Davefevs likes this

#58 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:26 PM

Again, I see no problem with people having an opinion on whether a game is going to look like this game or that game.  We like to think that in the case here the arguments are both valid as Perfect Golf will have the realistic looking visuals combined with the immersion of moving objects provided by TW.  However, I draw the line when people stop commenting on the game and start commenting on others behaviour.

Therefore I have deleted a couple of comments in this thread.  Please refrain from personal comments.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinions on subject matter.  Because their opinion differs from yours does not mean it is argumentative.  On the other hand comments about other people are and will be deleted.

• Nemesis, jgirard, Davefevs and 1 other like this

#59 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:36 PM

In 99.99% of cases, this forum is the most mature and well debated forum I've been part of....and as I've said before, that's pretty impressive for the vast majority (judging by the age thread) of us big kids still playing 'puter games!

Lets see that continue.
  • Nemesis and jgirard like this

#60 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:02 PM

Andrew: From me personally you will never hear a word that is on a personal level unless it's in defense of a derogatory comment. That said, I hope "all" are still free to voice their personal opinions on the golf game without fear of being taken to task by another member because it's a differing view.

Your comment that "because their opinion differs from yours it does not mean it's argumentative" is exactly the point I have been unsuccessfully trying to make.

Thanks for your input.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users