#21 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:32 PM

Cant wait for GTA V.... Just as well they postponed the release or this game would never come out :)

I have spent more time on the GTA series than some of the jobs I've had!!! :lol:  :lol:

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

#22 TheLighterDark

TheLighterDark

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, AR

Posted 19 May 2013 - 06:40 PM

I have spent more time on the GTA series than some of the jobs I've had!!! :lol:  :lol:

Yep! I was only 12 when San Andreas was released, and I remember my sister had just come home from college a thousand miles away and I would steal it from her when she was sleeping. Just recently purchased the entire GTA series on Steam (I, II, III, Vice City, San Andreas, and IV + Liberty City Stories) for the incredible price of $12.49 during a Steam sales a few weeks ago. 

TheLighterDark / "William" / University of Arkansas, Fayetteville / 21

Toshiba Satellite S855 / Windows 8 64-bit / Intel Core i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz / 8.00 GB RAM

n2o7ldH.png

"All the world on one arrow..." - Ashe, The Frost Archer, League of Legends.

#23 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

I'm so looking forward to this game!!! With Tiger Woods Online shutting down, there isn't a GOOD alternative! WTG,ShotO and others just aren't that enjoyable imo. I was a beta tester for TigerWoodsOnline for the entire beta process except the very first closed beta and I would be VERY VERY happy to beta test this game!! I'm a hardcore golfer in real life and have a pretty thorough knowledge of the game!

I agree with you. I tried the other golf games and they suck. I wish this was coming out sooner. With TW closing I wont know what to do for six months. But this looks like it will be well worth waiting for.

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#24 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:16 PM

In the loss of Tiger Woods PGA 12, my clan of 8 players or desperate for a replacement>improvement Golf game for the PC. We play for hours each night. I would like very much to be placed on the list as a Beta tester, as I am for many FPS games, 2 as I write this. The Swing meter as like the game mentioned allows for novice computer users a quick jump into the enjoyment of Golf  on the PC. HD in graphics is a major plus!! Golf courses around the world are admired because of their beauty, why not on the PC as well. I have a very high end gaming system, running mutiple video cards while gaming. Please allow me to help in any way. Thanks   Major

I'm in the same boat me and my buds play every morning on TW we are going to be lost. I have a very high end machine also and would like to be considered for beta testing as well. Here are my specs:

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.
3x 580 Hydro copper in SLI
GTS 450 (Fermi) For Phyx
4x OCZ 60GB SSD HD In Raid 0
1x1 TB HD
Rampage III Extreme Mother Board
24 GB Kingston Hyperx Memory
Intel® Core ™ i7x980@ 3.33GHz
Corsair Hydro H70 CPU Cooler (CPU)
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System (GPU'S)
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resalution

• Jbx likes this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#25 ghockley1981

ghockley1981

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:01 PM

Is there somewhere we can register our interest to become beta testers? I think with the demise of TWO there will be a lot of interest and having a guaranteed input into  this would certainly get the masses interested  :D

#26 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

I started a topic on upgrades and new machines.  I also have the system requirements for TW 2008. 
All things considered, if you were able to play TWO, WGT or TW08 at the highest visual settings then
chances are you are pretty much ready for PerfectGolf.

Click this link >>>  Windows Upgrades and New Machines

#27 Jbx

Jbx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • LocationHampshire, England

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:37 PM

Currently reverted back to playing TW08 a year ago after 2 years of disappointment with TWO/12. Really looking forward to the eventual release of this exciting project - if its as good as it sounds there will be a huge market!

Jbx%20golgBall1.jpg

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every mininute of it!

#28 Gary_A_D

Gary_A_D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

I sure hope Perfect Golf will become reality, and soon. I've been playing at WGT, and although not as good as TWO/TW12, I can live with it, until (keeping my fingers crossed) PG is released. I tried OGC.com, and it's kind of okay, except, being from the states, Km and Meters, instead of MPH, and feet, confuses me, and no explaining on the principles to me, will I ever totally understand Km and Meters. WGT is definitely a harder game to master, but until something better comes out, i'm stuck, between a rock and a hard place. My PC doesn't have the space needed to play TW08', and WGT is not a download, so, i'm able to play right now. If and when PG is released, and I can find out the requirements for the download, i'm not going to invest any money into upgrades, but will for Perfect Golf.

Please, oh please, reassure us with some new videos, progress development, and a sooner release date, if Perfect Golf in actuality will be released.

#29 fungolfer

fungolfer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Try this Gary: http://jumk.de/calc/length.shtml

It should help a bit :) I have the same problem sometimes, but in reverse. I'm used to metric and TWO shows miles etc.

Who cares...

#30 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 03 June 2013 - 01:07 PM

@Gary_A_D - Metres to yards is really easy - you just add 10%:

30m = 30+3 = 33yds.......... 180m = 180+18 = 198yds............ 265m = 265+26.5 = 291.5yds

• Dazmaniac and FixAmer1st like this

#31 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

My PC doesn't have the space needed to play TW08.

TW08 only needs aprox 5 GB of space for Program Files and Program Data files.  If you choose TW08 you will be emmersed in something very similar to PerfectGolf. You can find TW08 at Amazon (download and only about $8.00) or you can search eBay or the Internet in General to find the DVD.  It doesn't matter if it's a used DVD either as long as the seller includes the installation Key.  ;)

#32 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

@Gary_A_D - Metres to yards is really easy - you just add 10%:

30m = 30+3 = 33yds.......... 180m = 180+18 = 198yds............ 265m = 265+26.5 = 291.5yds

Even though I attended school in the late 70's early 80's and everything was metric, playing golf, drinking and buying sweets has always been an imperial measurement for me - yards, feet, inches, pints, pounds and ounces, lol.

Like Acrilix says, this is the calculation I always apply when playing courses that only have hole measurements in metres. Not such a problem with approach shots these days though, as I can reply on my trusty Bushnell, lol (which I have set to give measurements in yards).

#33 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

TW08 only needs aprox 5 GB of space for Program Files and Program Data files.  If you choose TW08 you will be emmersed in something very similar to PerfectGolf. You can find TW08 at Amazon (download and only about $8.00) or you can search eBay or the Internet in General to find the DVD.  It doesn't matter if it's a used DVD either as long as the seller includes the installation Key.  ;)

Not trying to diss TW08 in any way, but I do hope that PG immerses me more than a game 5 years old. Only my opinion, but to me Links immersed me more than any of the TW games, even now at 10 years old. Both Links and TW have their place amongst golf gamers. Hoping PG take the best bits of both.

#34 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

If you choose TW08 you will be emmersed in something very similar to PerfectGolf.

I will be very disappointed if Perfect Golf is very similar to TW08!  :(

#35 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:54 PM

@daz - I can't believe those things are legal......where's the guesswork?!?!? To be fair even if I know it's 140 yards I've no guarantee that I can hit a full 9iron clean enough.....nor hitting an easy 8 has the desired effect.

Playing a real round of golf tomorrow. Dusted off the old blades, hit a few chips in the back garden earlier....not very inspiring!

#36 =DCS=JoeMamma2

=DCS=JoeMamma2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

To the Administrators,

Some friends and myself are looking forward to this game. Sounds like you have found a nitch since TW 12 was the last golf pc game and it was something very less to be desired. I have a new build 1150 socket MB, Intel 4770k processor, GTX 680 running 4 screens. I hope that the frame rate will support triple view monitors. Great Ideas guys and thanks for your interest in bringing us a golf game worthy of play...........We are interested in beta testing as well!

Capt. Stan

#37 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

Not trying to diss TW08 in any way, but I do hope that PG immerses me more than a game 5 years old. Only my opinion, but to me Links immersed me more than any of the TW games, even now at 10 years old. Both Links and TW have their place amongst golf gamers. Hoping PG take the best bits of both.

You have a valid point but we are not discussing which game is better.   We (long time PC golfers) are trying to point people in the direction of any "installable" PC Golf Game, not online golf.  The idea we all have is to help new people play a full featured simulated golf game prior to the release of PerfectGolf. B)

I like to get people invovled with installed golf games because the games require people to learn more about their computer, hardware and software. ;)

• Mike Grimsley likes this

#38 Davefevs

Davefevs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationBristol

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

@lee - nor was I saying which was better, just pointing out that I hope that PG immerses me more than TW....and I hope that PG immerses me more than Links too. Both games are showing their age, and if you'd written PG should give you a similar experience to Links, I'd have responded in exactly the same way, but referred to Links instead.

#39 Guest_Nemesis_*

Guest_Nemesis_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:21 PM

@ Dave. Understood.  ;)

#40 Forestman

Forestman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 12:58 AM

I don't doubt that PerfectGolf is going to be great.

Please support PERFECT GOLF on STEAM --CLICK ON THE LINK TO SUPPORT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=116796801&searchtext=golf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users