#81 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts
  • LocationSouthampton England

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:21 PM

Spent some of today messing about trying to build a waterfall....

I think for a 1st effort it turned out alright

The hardest part was finding videoing software that was any good and didnt cost anything

https://youtu.be/IYCHaupOWD8

Cheers RobC

• axe360, Unique, Jimbobh and 3 others like this

#82 M Rose

M Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 04 May 2015 - 07:28 PM

Brian Silvernail, with Course Forge (hopefully) marvellous :wub: :lol:

It was screenshots of Rolling Evergreen that made me literally go out and buy JN5. I didn't know of its existence prior to that point and every PC course design program I'd seen up to that point was garbage.

• Joe Habiger likes this

VG2 • PG • 2k21 • 2019 • Links • GBC • JN5

#83 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:42 PM

Nice Rob, I think the new sound mixer in Unity5 will allow

audio sound targeting. It's going to be so cool to hear

rivers or falls get louder the closer you get, and fade 

as you get farther away. 

• Richard likes this

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#84 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 05:33 AM

Excellent Rob... very impressed and that looks exactly like something I would need within my Aston course too. Had simply planned using a large drain hole into the side of a hill, but your rendtion has made a great feature.

So may I ask....if so, what did it actually cost you...?

#85 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

Didnt cost me anythingI adapted a free waterfall from the asset store the rocks were free also but I could have made those anyway.

Its called water FX pack:-

https://www.assetsto...!/content/19248

I wouldnt ever buy anything cause I feel if someone else has made it then I should be able to also ;) and if I cant then I dont need it :D

Cheers RobC

#86 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 01:35 PM

This forum just got richer knowing that.....!

#87 clarkx5652

clarkx5652

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 May 2015 - 01:15 PM

This all makes my mouth drool.  Of course, I drool a lot anyway.  The course designer on another well known site is, well, ok.  But I have too many problems with the terrain building to enjoy it very much. I am hoping that this Forge will be easier but not so easy that it takes the fun out of the creativity of designing your own course can give you.  Wanting and waiting.   Slurp..sorry, that was just a drool thing.

#88 Richard

Richard

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBismarck, ND

Posted 08 May 2015 - 02:04 PM

This all makes my mouth drool.  Of course, I drool a lot anyway.  The course designer on another well known site is, well, ok.  But I have too many problems with the terrain building to enjoy it very much. I am hoping that this Forge will be easier but not so easy that it takes the fun out of the creativity of designing your own course can give you.  Wanting and waiting.   Slurp..sorry, that was just a drool thing.

While you are waiting, this may help keep your shirt dry. :D

ev47k8.jpg

Richard

Posted Image

#89 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 08 May 2015 - 03:12 PM

I have been trying to find a way to do waterfalls. Now I just need to figure out how to make them work on this course.

9F3J17D.jpg

• IanD likes this
Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#90 flogster

flogster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:09 PM

Congrats. Good stuff. Can't wait

#91 flogster

flogster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 11 May 2015 - 06:13 PM

TimBoch, I gotta say, that must be a scary mind you live in . . . LOL

#92 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

Yes indeed lol.... Can I ask, are the mountains in the top right of the plot textured with a mist, to look that way ?

#93 Guest_deena_golf_*

Guest_deena_golf_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2015 - 10:46 AM

well i'm just looking forward to playing all YOUR courses everyone - as for mine, will I be able to replace the hole with a nice wooden bench to sit down at and peruse the surroundings instead??

ohhh palatial glades palatial glades - does it necessarily have anything to do with golf courses  :D

whens it out and how much??

(and when are we going to be able to free 'roam' around on the courses??)

#94 Barry

Barry

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • LocationNorth London

Posted 14 May 2015 - 06:54 PM

Spent some of today messing about trying to build a waterfall....

I think for a 1st effort it turned out alright

The hardest part was finding videoing software that was any good and didnt cost anything

https://youtu.be/IYCHaupOWD8

Cheers RobC

That looks great

#95 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:36 PM

Working on Bandon Dunes....

This is the 10th green complex as the sun was setting

jZz88yT.png?1

• Sinewiz, cajuncapgun, garynorman and 4 others like this

#96 NoPutt

NoPutt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 09 November 2015 - 09:40 PM

Nice Rob, look forward to playing it....in daylight.

Dry Gulch...................Released                     Smithfield Golf Club...........Released

Millstone Golf Club....Released                      The Walker Course............Released

Kingsmill Woods Course...Released               Pine Lake Golf Club..........Released

Woodhaven Golf Club (9) Released                The Reserve at Keowee...Released

Cliffs at Keowee Vineyards..Released              The Ace Club...................Released

Dry Gulch 2..........Released                               Blackberry Oaks.............Released

#97 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 09 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Looks great man!

#98 clarkx5652

clarkx5652

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:03 PM

Though I am waiting anxiously for CF I am afraid that we will get the glut of "not so good" courses as has happened on another golf site.  Will there be any strenous filtering or administrative censoring attached to the submitted courses?

#99 Kablammo11

Kablammo11

Obscure Person

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 04:59 PM

Though I am waiting anxiously for CF I am afraid that we will get the glut of "not so good" courses as has happened on another golf site.  Will there be any strenous filtering or administrative censoring attached to the submitted courses?

Yes and no. Nobody can prevent designers from distributing their own courses over the internet - or players to download them and put them into their course folder.

But there will be some sort of vetting involved for all the courses distributed via PP - and only these will be used for official tournaments, recording stats etc. This vetting process (as of yet not detailed) will mainly serve as a quality control to make sure that the technical standards are up to scratch, but NOT so much an official editorial about good or less good design, with a lenient attitude towards matters of taste. As it should: Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, so that a few instances of crazy, wacky or downright unfathomable "beauty" must be allowed to occur in the name of creative freedom.

CF being a bit harder to operate, the course file size with all the assets being in the 150 MB range and having to be stored locally on your PC, we quite certainly won't see a glut of 5 minute golf courses by casual wannabes. 

The PG social site will include course descriptions, course images and member ratings. I'm not a fan of this 1 to 5 star system, since it can be abused and manipulated by cliques, but that ought to help players with their course selections. 

>>>>>>> Ka-Boom!

• Mulligan Municipal • Willow Heath • Pommeroy • Karen • Five Sisters • Xaxnax Borealis • Aroha • Prison Puttˆ

• The Upchuck   The Shogun  • Black Swan (•)

<<<<<

#100 RobC

RobC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:51 PM

Sooo...I have built a new PC for Christmas and WOW!!! was I missing out...

Old PC...

30fps max

Intel core2 Quad  Q6600 2.40 Ghz

4 Gb mem Radeon HD5770 1gb

jZz88yT.png?1

New PC

Ave 70 fps

i5 6600 3.3ghz

16 GB ddr4 Nvidia GTX 960 4 GB ...

Bjp8I8f.jpg?1

u897nmZ.jpg?1

the difference is like night and day!!!!

• rfaddis and mebby like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users