60 replies to this topic

#61 nvinceable1

nvinceable1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 15 May 2013 - 07:14 PM

Tiger Woods PGA Tour has failed to hold my interest for years now, simply because it's not a challenge without cranking up everything to the max, and then it fails to be enjoyable at all. I've never been a fan of the leveling system in that game, and it's always struck me as especially lame that at the beginning of your career, before you've leveled up at all, you can easily play any shot you want and win tournaments by large margins. I want a golf game where you have to grind to win, where strategy and technique are crucial, and where any shot is potentially great or devastating. Like most people here I'm not keen on a player leveling system, much preferring multiple difficulty levels to choose from. I'd like for there to be several molds of players to choose from that will define your skill set. Something like

Power - big hitter, poor accuracy and finesse

Accuracy - extremely accurate, poor power, average finesse game

Finesse - excellent finesse game (putting/approach/hazards), poor power, average accuracy (with every club greater than wedges )

All-Around - average at everything, excellent in nothing

You choose your mold and that's what you are, no leveling every skill up to max. I'm ok with equipment being a skill modifier as I believe that's fairly accurate to real life, but the effects should be minimal. Obviously there's no ball or club that's going to turn a power player like Bubba Watson into an accurate finesse player like Tom Watson. Each player should have strengths and weaknesses that make certain courses more or less difficult. Simply put, players should be unique just like real life!

I really hope this game can fill the void of a challenging yet rewarding golf simulator. We need something for the hardcore golf enthusiasts, not something watered down for the masses like TW PGA Tour.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users