83 replies to this topic

#21 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:35 AM

No, I just assumed pro mode just meant it had no assists and didn't spot those customisations. That explains a lot though.

I'm playing RM on Custom Tour Mode with Hard swing difficulty and it is very challenging indeed. However, there's no option to remove the fill meter (I hate meters ;) ).

The putting is a bit twitchy and too easy (TGC still holds the crown for the best putting mechanic IMO).

The graphics and lighting are the best that I've seen so far in a golf game.

Unfortunately, too many stripped down or missing features to justify the full price of $59.99. I'm hoping that EA will improve and add to the game over time since it will not be an annual release.

-MERACE

#22 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 16 July 2015 - 09:44 AM

What's all this 'chatter' about "the other golf game". Geez Louise, there is not other golf game. Just kidding. :D

I guess not everyone wears blinkers, lol.

#23 AndyJumbo

AndyJumbo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:56 PM

ehe !!!

N1 Daz !!!

#24 marts30

marts30

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:13 PM

Ok I played it - what do I think? Graphics are far less impressive 'in game' in fact when I loaded up their version of TPC Boston it was just plain ugly IMO.

Menus and options are few and far between, there is no way I found to turn off the tournament atmosphere crowds grandstands etc for example nor a way to turn off the annoying post shot animations after each and every shot. 

The gameplay left me a little cold although I did find a way to turn everything off and play ' hard' more if you like. It's not really fair to comment too much more after just an hour of play but right now I feel that PG and for that mattter TGC are both far better golf games.

Yeah, doesn't look great to me. Static clouds/sky. Very washed out colours... some things look decent but the game really is bare-bones.

#25 Crow357

Crow357

Advanced Member

• Administrators
  • 4,670 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:18 PM

Bah hah hah hah!  Looks like EA is having a problem  Their golf game is already 20$ off on Xbox Gold and they've made it so you can try it for free without their EA pass thing.  I don't think I've ever seen an EA game on sale this soon after release.

Win 10, i7-7700 @4.2 ghz, 16GB DDR4, EVGA GTX 1080
Swing Type: Tour Pro Wireless XBox 360 Controller.

#26 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 12:37 PM

It's funny when EA does a Facebook post like "What's your best score on night golf?" - then 90% of the comments are along the lines of "F*** night golf, you should have spent the time on the game."

• Crow357 likes this

#27 ☠InDaSkies☠

☠InDaSkies☠

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • LocationCedar Lake Indiana

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:19 PM

I personally will never try it. I said a long time ago I would never play another EA game again. They are the worst company ever.

• IanD and Golden Bear like this

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit.
Silverstone ST1500 1500W ATX
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Founders Editon
4x Kingston Digital HyperX Fury 240GB SSD Sata III HD's In Raid 0
1 TB HD for storage
Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme/Assembly Motherboard
4x16GB Corsair Dominator Series Memory
Intel Core i7 6700K 4.700.0 MHz Overlocked Quad Core Skylake Desktop Processor, Socket LGA 1151
Zalman Reserator XT External Water Cooling System GPU & CPU
1x LG WH10LS30 Blu-ray Burner
1x LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray Player
HP ZR 30" Monitor 2560x1600 Resolution

#28 shimonko

shimonko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 01:30 PM

Well did they win the award two years running:

WYj3KVn.png

#29 Crusher

Crusher

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 27 August 2015 - 03:40 AM

I have no love loss for EA either. It will be amazing if they stay out of first place as worst company.

Forbes 2014 article

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

xqc8g0-2.png

🏌️‍♂️                                                       🏌️‍♀️
Userbenchmarks:
Custom Build 2019

⛳                          🏌️‍♂️                             🏌️‍♀️                              ⛳

51049423131_98884de356_w.jpg

#30 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

Bought The Golf Club a few weeks ago and I'm having a blast with the course creator. Here's one I'm working on now.

golf%202015-10-24%2003-19-07-21_zpsfzrhq

golf%202015-10-24%2003-26-05-58_zpscfccx

• Dazmaniac, axe360, MERACE and 3 others like this

#31 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 02:38 PM

Looks good G, glad you're enjoying the GNCD.

Not much use as a 'Show and Tell' for future playing in PG though, lol.

;)

LOL....True, but it's a show & tell for a golf course for now until we can get our hands on course forge. There are some really nice courses over there that people have designed, but MAN, there's some really awful ones too...LOL...Over 10,000 courses so you can just about imagine. But for a simple course designer they have, you can do some fantastic work if you take the time and start from scratch and not just automatically generate courses in 2 minutes.

• MERACE likes this

#32 axe360

axe360

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts
  • LocationSo Cal U.S.A.

Posted 25 October 2015 - 03:36 AM

Panoramas add so much to a course.. Very nice work Griz...

Done with designing.

Released Courses: Real

The Golf Club @ Dove Mnt. AZ

Aronimink PA

Amana Colonies Iowa

Fictional:

The Grinder Anytown U.S.A.

#33 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Thanks Axe.....feels good to be designing again. I forgot how addicting it was...LOL. I finally got it finished up tonight and published. So if anyone plays TGC....the course is called TPC @ Northwood.

• axe360 and MERACE like this

#34 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 08:52 PM

Panoramas add so much to a course.. Very nice work Griz...

I just played your course and I'm surprised at how well you did on your first published course. I really enjoyed my round with a score of +3 in low winds.

My favorite holes are 5 and 11 where on 11 I hit the top of the wooden retaining wall and heard that distinctive "thunk" sound. ;)

I also liked your use of mulch, your bunker shaping, and the contouring of the small hills in the terrain. However, I suggest that you make sure the holes are not directly on slopes (holes 1 & 11), but for the most part I found the other holes were fine.

Did you find the GNCD easier or more difficult than the other course designers that you've used in the past?

-MERACE
  • Griz891 likes this

#35 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:51 PM

Thanks Merace. It took awhile to get GNCD figured out, but once you do it's amazing what you can create. I found it to be easier than TW06 golf design architect for the simple fact that this didn't freeze up like it did. I'm sure most people that used TW06 architect can certainly verify that...LOL. But thanks for playing the course and I'm glad you enjoyed it....it's been a few years since I designed but I'm sure enjoying it again. Below is a couple more pics.

TPCNorthwood11_zpsaeuwufpz.jpg

TPCNorthwood17_zpstiyk3vnk.jpg

• MERACE likes this

#36 MERACE

MERACE

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 743 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:59 AM

Another thing that I like in the GNCD are the trees, especially the ones in the Boreal theme. Very realistic looking. :)

-MERACE
  • Griz891 likes this

#37 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 14 November 2015 - 04:35 AM

Here's another course I've been working on since building TPC @ Northwood. I've pretty much got 15 holes done now with a little more planting and smoothing to do. Really starting to get the hang of the GNCD after reading some tutorials that some of the top designers for The Golf Game have put on youtube. Anyways just thought I'd share a few pics for you to look at.

pic%202_zpsqt2w01rm.jpg

pic%203_zpsvejpqtaw.jpg

pic%201_zpsvwxtilqg.jpg

• MERACE and karma4u like this

#38 DoGgs

DoGgs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,688 posts
  • Locationcaerphilly

Posted 15 November 2015 - 09:49 AM

nice start! :)

few pointers

you should really switch the theme of the bottom pic, looks like the old rural or alpine one...not good, try countryside instead.

that retaining wall seems a bit odd for such a small pond, maybe just a section greenside would be better. and use small sections then you wont get the jagged edges and sharp angles.

Qaaa8vE.jpg

#39 Griz891

Griz891

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 01:43 AM

nice start! :)

few pointers

you should really switch the theme of the bottom pic, looks like the old rural or alpine one...not good, try countryside instead.

that retaining wall seems a bit odd for such a small pond, maybe just a section greenside would be better. and use small sections then you wont get the jagged edges and sharp angles.

I'll remember that for my next course design DoGgz. I had so many hours rapped up into this course I decided to leave it as was. The course got published today so anyone playing TGC go give it a whirl......It's call Gray Wolf Golf Club.

#40 Acrilix

Acrilix

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • LocationBedford, UK

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:01 AM

Glad to see you're enjoying yourself designing on TGC - It's got a great designer, once you get to grips with its quirks, like the blue and red brushes and when to use each of them.  :)

I'm travelling the other way at present and I'm loving playing PG - I bought it last week!!

I'm even thinking about giving Unity another look soon because I can see me playing PG for a long time to come, and it would be great to be able to play my own creations on it in the future, once Course Forge is released.

life ................... don't talk to me about life ................

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users