• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#21 Nukelaloosh44

Nukelaloosh44

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:48 AM

This game just keeps getting better and better with each update! I'm in the "camp" of appreciation. I've been waiting for a golf sim like this for a long time and the dev team, in my opinion, is doing an absolutely fantastic job considering their relatively small team. I can't wait to see what happens in the final release when course forge is released and talented designers start creating courses. Keep up the good work!
  • LeazesNDR and Charles like this

#22 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:18 AM

Played a few holes of Chicago Oaks, a very nice looking course.  Had a few splash shots out of greenside bunkers and there is now more roll rather than behaving like a flop shot so to me the physics are more realistic.  Still getting those moving horizontal lines in the sky which can be quite distracting.  One suggestion for the next update is displaying the yardage when you choose the tees, i.e. Tournament, Championship etc.  As a real golfer I look at the course yardage on the scorecard to determine which tees are suitable for my skill level.

Other than that, it's the best $22 I have spent on a game and look forward to future updates.

RTSM - Pro

#23 slouis

slouis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalgary

Posted 09 August 2015 - 05:59 AM

After playing some more holes on Chicago Oaks a few more comments.  Now that we can chip using different irons such as a 7 or 8 iron you will have to re-learn your distances as there so much more roll.  To me it makes me think like I do in real golf, choose a spot to land the ball anticipating how much it will roll from there.

As I previously mentioned, the new course looks nice but I agree with the comment from yesrushdt about adding some unique personality and character to each course to differentiate it from other courses.  Not only more and different structures but how about a different flag for each course rather than always having the Perfect Golf flag?

RTSM - Pro

#24 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:10 AM

Oh boy! You guys really smashed my play into pieces. Playing computer golf since Links 386 this must have been my most painful round ever. Shoot a +17 first time at Chicago Oaks. Second went a bit better. Slightly. Just glad my equipment is still alive :D

On a more serious note. I was a die-hard Linkster for all the years but since PG Early Access I didn't spend much time with it anymore. PG has such a great potential. It's really exciting. Every round has a lot of challenging aspects. Sometimes I have the feeling I have to learn how to play from scratch again. A really needed breath of fresh air in serious golf gaming.

Some minor observations:

- hit the ball in the water at 2nd and the droping zone was 1.000m (1093 yards) away from hole :o

- metric distance is always displayed with decimal place now. does not make much sence imo. keep that around and on the green but for normal shots it's more clear without

- at 4th the ball was rolling very slow directly into the hole but then it was like 'hover' straight over the hole. it was not the typically bumping over if the ball is too fast. ball was very slow and hit the hole perfectly fine

- in general: do you tweaked the putting system again? was really ok with the last update but got the impression it became some kind of unforgiving again... still stuggling with the short puts. you have to push a 75cm put almost as much as a 1,5-2m put. otherwise it can stop after 50cm or so already. hard to get a feeling for.

If you see the whole picture all I can say is: Keep up the great work!

• LeazesNDR likes this

#25 MetaWhirledPeas

MetaWhirledPeas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:44 AM

Lots of fun so far! The rough is tough :) I found myself alt-tabbing between the game and the calculator, hehe.

#26 IanD

IanD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

Oh boy! You guys really smashed my play into pieces. Playing computer golf since Links 386 this must have been my most painful round ever. Shoot a +17 first time at Chicago Oaks. Second went a bit better. Slightly. Just glad my equipment is still alive :D

On a more serious note. I was a die-hard Linkster for all the years but since PG Early Access I didn't spend much time with it anymore. PG has such a great potential. It's really exciting. Every round has a lot of challenging aspects. Sometimes I have the feeling I have to learn how to play from scratch again. A really needed breath of fresh air in serious golf gaming.

Some minor observations:

- hit the ball in the water at 2nd and the droping zone was 1.000m (1093 yards) away from hole :o

- metric distance is always displayed with decimal place now. does not make much sence imo. keep that around and on the green but for normal shots it's more clear without

- at 4th the ball was rolling very slow directly into the hole but then it was like 'hover' straight over the hole. it was not the typically bumping over if the ball is too fast. ball was very slow and hit the hole perfectly fine

- in general: do you tweaked the putting system again? was really ok with the last update but got the impression it became some kind of unforgiving again... still stuggling with the short puts. you have to push a 75cm put almost as much as a 1,5-2m put. otherwise it can stop after 50cm or so already. hard to get a feeling for.

If you see the whole picture all I can say is: Keep up the great work!

Think they know of these... but good to know others are experiencing them...

#27 luetze

luetze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:16 AM

I'm glad the developers are aware of these issues already as I have no possibility to record the rounds.

There are definately bugs in the putting system. Played 3 more rounds now on Chicago and Florida and noticed several awkward ball movements during the sessions. Alone 3 times the ball jumped considerbly high and dropped in the hole after that. Another time the ball went over a hole like butter even though it was to 3/4 in and rolled very slow.

Cross my fingers they can fix it soon.

#28 clubcaptain

clubcaptain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,310 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:26 AM

Only had chance to play a few holes but the update is great. These guys know what they are doing and and how to do it. Everything will come in time.

• LeazesNDR likes this

PC specs...

Intel core I7 9700k 3.6 GHZ-Turbo 4.9 GHZ
64 GB Corsair vengeance  LPX DDR4 2400 MHZ
Asus PRIME Z390-P 
Nvidea GeForce RTX 2060 6GB
X box 360 wired controller
Windows 10 PRO NA 64 bit

#29 IanK

IanK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:39 AM

Only had chance to play a few holes but the update is great. These guys know what they are doing and and how to do it. Everything will come in time.

Agreed. The ball and terrain physics basics need to be almost spot-on before things can be moved to the next level. They are, after all, the most important aspect of a golf simulator and the aspect that most people will comment on and often ridicule if incorrect.
Small steps maybe, but important ones nevertheless.
  • LeazesNDR, J_Schollmeyer and Charles like this
Steam Name: n.bonaparte
WWG1WGA

#30 RobV

RobV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

Congratulations on getting the update out.

I'm a huge fan of PG. But I can't help to give a big yawn with this release - especially given the length of time that it took.

A major update is needed soon IMHO. The new course will be nice but the other improvements are seen as necessary tweaks to me. For the length of time that this update took I was hoping for more in terms of either animations or tournament play.

I know it will get there. Haven't lost hope. But I'm getting impatient.

I am going to guess this is your first early access game that you are experiencing.    Lesson learned for those who have never participated in Early Access game is not do it and wait until the full release.     

• Greensboronclion likes this

#31 Baz

Baz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:03 PM

I am going to guess this is your first early access game that you are experiencing. Lesson learned for those who have never participated in Early Access game is not do it and wait until the full release.

#32 Baz

Baz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:08 PM

Couldn't agree more. Don't buy it in early access then complain its not progressing quickly enough for you. The basic gameplay is excellent....for me if a few tournaments are thrown in with steady online connections then I'm more than happy with the game as it stands..and I'd happily pay these guys another 15 pounds on top of what I've paid for early access. That's how good I think the game is as it plays right now.
  • RobV likes this

#33 LeazesNDR

LeazesNDR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • LocationSmoggyland UK

Posted 09 August 2015 - 12:40 PM

With regards to people commenting about the time the game is taking to finish, haven't PP already previously stated that they were aiming for a full release by the end of the year.
The game is coming on just fine IMO and will probably make Links redundant for me when full release and course forge are out.

#34 Fairwayman

Fairwayman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • LocationGlendale Super Bowl Arizona ...live 2mi. from stadium

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:03 PM

Outstanding update, appreciate the the devs abilities and keep tweaking this game to be the best pc golf sim to date.
Hoping for a final rel. of Christmas, what a present that would be. ⛳️⛳️⛳️
  • Charles likes this

750 W Corsair pwr supply ⛳️ Octacore AMD FX9590cpu with 110i GT cooler @ 5.0 ⛳️ ASUS Strix 1080 vid card ⛳️ 16 gig 1866 DDR3 ⛳️ Samsung 840 HD-SSD ⛳️ Dell 22in 1080p AND 40in and 65 in Samsung Monitor 4k HDMI-to HDMI on card ⛳️ Win 10 pro 64 bit ⛳️ MSwing Pro and Tour Pro

USAF 21 yrs E-8 AMMO Superintendent, retired 2002 https://drive.google...QVRFdUFuOE94OEk

#35 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

I am going to guess this is your first early access game that you are experiencing.    Lesson learned for those who have never participated in Early Access game is not do it and wait until the full release.

No this isn't my first EA game. Man, you guys are really sensitive to open and honest critique. Sheesh!

I'm a fan of the game just like all of you guys. Love it. Can't get enough of it. I just stated how I feel and evidently it ruffled some feathers.

I think there are some good things in this update. But it just feels to me like it took a long time to get this update out when considering what's included and what isn't. It also baffled me that some of the more annoying bugs remain unfixed - especially when they weren't bugs in previous releases. I'm talking about the grid not working in certain instances and the aiming marker not being visible while aiming off in the distance.

I've said it plenty of times... I know that PG is already great and it will be the best golf game ever made. I trust that PF will take the game far beyond where it is now. I'm far from losing hope. I just wish they were able to get some animation work into this release. It's the big ass purple elephant in the room and apparently I'm an asshole for mentioning. But that's ok with me. Some of us just need to put on our big boy panties and take constructive feedback a little more openly.
  • nightowl, RobV and Rush2112 like this

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#36 Kelson64

Kelson64

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:35 PM

It blows my mind when I see posts that say, great update, but....

I really wish that there was a way to load the initial EA version then the current released version so that one could experience the fantastic changes and improvements. Oh, it pains me that that people have such short memories and impatience.

I'm also sorry and sometimes angry that people subtly imply that the development team just isn't moving fast enough. My response, TOUGH SHIT!!! This development team is, IMHO, the most responsive and savvy team around. To me, it's so obvious that they have a vision and that they are working to accomplish it. Remember it's their vision, not ours. You can elect to adopt it or orphan it, your choice.

Having worked in the gaming industry, I'd say the development team is actually moving quite fast. I've been very impressed with the optimization of the game, even in the early early access builds. I was actually expecting the game to be unplayable on my mid-level machine . . and I was actually able to play most courses on ultra. Spectacular.

The problem with early access is that it makes people even more eager for the full-game experience. That's why, when PP releases an update, a new "what's in the next update" thread appears a short time later. I'm sure PP fully expects these kinds of threads, and probably appreciates them.

As for my thoughts on the game . . in short, I like it. I'm looking forward to seeing more courses because I really like variety. Plus, I think as more courses are released, you're going to see this community get really, really active. To be bluntly honest, I loved playing those old Tiger Woods games, PGA Championship, Links and Golden Bear's Challenge . . . but even more enjoyable were the lifelong friends I made at places like Tiger Woods Community, Golden Bear's Den, Links Corner, Course Depot etc. I sincerely hope that this community grows to that kind of community.

• Fairwayman, remers, Greensboronclion and 1 other like this

#37 MimicPS

MimicPS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 517 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

Mebby,

Rest assured that although there was not work on animations and tournaments included in the update, the work with both is ongoing and I'm pretty sure that as soon as the dev team feels there is a solid base from which to develop further, it will begin to be included in what will hopefully be a fairly frequent update stream. The placemarkers are all there, so we can at least look longingly at the menu in the window and salivate!

I think the update has been very positive. Some gameplay aspects changed and improved to my mind (sand and rough becoming much more realistic and challenging, better physics with room for a small improvement around touch-putting, and the advancement of Tour levels which could become the new standard but still allow for customization for a less nerve-shredding experience), and the new course is both beautiful to look at and a good challenge.

Well done dev team, and all power to you in your work on advancing us forward with each update.

#38 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:15 PM

I guess what some folks post as a critique others read as a moan.

It is all down to how things are worded/phrased.

#39 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

Par 3 Challenge Mode is broken.

Challenge defaults to Shadowlands Par 3 holes but if course is not changed in course selection screen, it takes you to the wrong course (like it did in private testing).

Example, select Par 3 Challenge at Shadowlands, leave Black Swan selected and you start out on Black Swan Hole 3, which is a Par 4.

Change Par 3 Challenge course and change course selection to same course and the Par 3 Challenge is just changed to a tournament round.

Example, select Par 3 Challenge at Crystal Pines, change course selection to Crystal Pines and when game loads you are on 1st tee with mode of play set to tournament play over 18 holes.

:wacko:

#40 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Mebby,

Rest assured that although there was not work on animations and tournaments included in the update, the work with both is ongoing and I'm pretty sure that as soon as the dev team feels there is a solid base from which to develop further, it will begin to be included in what will hopefully be a fairly frequent update stream. The placemarkers are all there, so we can at least look longingly at the menu in the window and salivate!

I think the update has been very positive. Some gameplay aspects changed and improved to my mind (sand and rough becoming much more realistic and challenging, better physics with room for a small improvement around touch-putting, and the advancement of Tour levels which could become the new standard but still allow for customization for a less nerve-shredding experience), and the new course is both beautiful to look at and a good challenge.

Well done dev team, and all power to you in your work on advancing us forward with each update.

I know it's coming. And I know it's going to be good when it gets here. No doubt.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users