#41 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 02:35 PM

Lots of fun so far! The rough is tough :) I found myself alt-tabbing between the game and the calculator, hehe.

Meta I am going to have to access you a two stroke penalty for using a calculator as this is against the rules of Professional Golf. I will inform the Commish Ted of your infraction.....Lol.

#42 bortimus

bortimus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,234 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

I haven't played the game in a long time because the swing meter was so jerky on my pc. 

The pause rendering during the swing has made all the difference.   Awesome job!

#43 TimBoch

TimBoch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • LocationFarmington, MN

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:19 PM

I couldn't find this reported, but the grid now stays on when going from the green to the tee for me. This wasn't happening in the beta builds and hasn't happened for many months. Also, the hole physics still produce some interesting unexpected results. I'll try and capture a video as a play more.

Course Forge Courses in various stages of design: Dwan Golf Club, Hyland Greens, Faribault CC, Desert Valley CC/ Woodland Trail(fictional), Infamous Golf Course (fantasy)
Links 2003 Designs: Dwan Golf Club, Infamous Golf Course, Hazeltine National Golf Club (assistant designer), Woodland Trail/Desert Valley CC , Faribault CC (beta), Hyland Greens (beta), Double Eagle (beta), King's Walk (beta), Interlachen CC (still in planning)
Intel Core i7-4710HQ 2.5GHz
  • Microsoft Windows 8.1 64-bit
  • 16GB DDR3L RAM
  • 750GB 7,200RPM Hard Drive
  • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M

#44 mebby

mebby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,517 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:46 PM

I couldn't find this reported, but the grid now stays on when going from the green to the tee for me. This wasn't happening in the beta builds and hasn't happened for many months. Also, the hole physics still produce some interesting unexpected results. I'll try and capture a video as a play more.

Yes, there seem to be some new funny looking cup physics going on. But also some nice improvements. If you look in the bugs thread you'll see where someone has posted some videos of some of the current issues. You should post your videos there.

Steam Name: Turnerm05

Swing Type: RTSC | Tour Pro | XB1 Wireless

Intel i7 4790K 4.0GHz

GTX 1080 Founders Edition

16GB DDR3

1 TB Samsung 850 EVO

#45 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:49 PM

Richard....

You appear to disagree and that's OK.  What's not OK is your attitude towards any opinion that differs from your own.

Bingo

#46 Buck

Buck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,532 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

Not only more and different structures but how about a different flag for each course rather than always having the Perfect Golf flag?

That is a *great* call.... That would be a small thing that helps a lot actually

#47 Dazmaniac

Dazmaniac

Rock. Loud and Heavy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,941 posts
  • LocationEngland, UK

Posted 09 August 2015 - 06:53 PM

Some folks had commented on gap wedges running like 7 irons when chipping. Maybe an older build was the cause but here are two clips to show that this is not the case with v1.3.5.0

7 iron Chip

52W with spin loss because of lie in rough

;)

#48 KenR

KenR

Advanced Member

• Validating
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 09:27 PM

Love the new static reverse replay camera; nice surprise PG! :)

Ken

#49 AlanBernardo

AlanBernardo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 10:27 PM

Added four preset levels of difficulty to the player settings. Beginner, Amateur, Professional, Tour professional. This enables or disables certain assists depending on the level chosen (some are not yet implemented). It is also currently possible to set a custom level of difficulty although these will generally not be allowed for eventual tournament play.

Nice update, first off.

To the statement that some of these assists "are not yet implemented", does that include the ability to aim on the over-head view and on the main view?

Have these assists been implemented?

Also, as a side-note, will we ever have the ability to resize the over-head or top view.  Right now it is way too big.

Thanks!

#50 Andrew

Andrew

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 2,524 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:18 PM

Aiming and meter marks are largely not implemented although you cannot use F3 if aiming in other views is off.

Not sure about resizing, I am sure at some point but there are lots of other things to do before we tackle that

#51 highlander

highlander

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:40 PM

My experience of the new update has not been good, I'm afraid. When choosing between clubs, particularly woods for some reason the screen goes black with only the controls showing. I can't choose anything and have to force quit out of the game. It's now happened four times in the space of two rounds.

I'm on a Macbook Pro and my specs are:

2.5 ghz Intel i5

16Gb Ram

Intel HD Graphics 4000

I play the game on Low graphics settings.

I hope that helps the developers.

#52 okko

okko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

Medina was a top 5 favorite course of mine in Links, hole 1 and 2 beautifully breathtaking.  This version inspires the same reaction from me.  Gorgeous.

Man, did I really only pay $22.00 (CAD) for this game?

Kevin

#53 Greensboronclion

Greensboronclion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts
  • LocationSurfside Beach SC

Posted 10 August 2015 - 12:11 AM

Well played the front nine at Chicago and all I can say is wow. Yes a few glitches but overall just a beautiful course and a great challenge to play. First here were scores

Tour Pro Red. 37
tour Pro. Blue. 40
Am. Yellow. 34
Am. Orange. 35

MS BLI calm stimp 10
Played game in High Ultra and was getting FPS between 19 and 35 and played at 4 pm so there were lots of shadows and no problems at all. When playing Motion Swing that is more than enough FPS. First I love that with harder levels you can't restart your swing and that is how it should be. The rough is now tough and that is just perfect as it appears that the more you stray the tougher it is and the ball doesn't stop like before on the green as before and that is good. I feel the sand shots are also much better also and love that challenge. Yes some physics problems with the putting mainly at the cup but that can be fixed. Over all a great update and this game just got a whole lot harder to go low at the Pro levels.
  • Dazmaniac and Charles like this

#54 trailblazergolf

trailblazergolf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
  • Locationflorida

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:48 AM

have a quetion for you tech savy guys--if i join a game where host has a slower internet connection than mine --can that make the game play jumpy for me ?

I run at pretty high speed

#55 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 10 August 2015 - 04:36 AM

Went through a page of bickering...but haven't read them all. Thank you for the new course. Thank you for allowing me to pitch with an 8 iron. Thank you for the promise of having increments on the swing meter displayed. I will not go on with a wish list of things that haven't been done, as it would bring acrimony from some members of the community (the fact that I say this is sad). I won't criticize the rate of development on this project (and its taken a long time) because someone will break my heart over how small the team is, and how hard it is working with such a small team (both of which I hope are true...I'm not part of the inner circle).

Anyway, lets try to keep it civil out there. Sometimes we (and I include myself very much in this) are a little too fervent in our beliefs.

Lets not turn this into one of those other forums.

#56 jmac51

jmac51

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:05 AM

I really like the new course. Sadly it is unplayable for me. When this game first came out I was happy with the way it played on my 2009 iMac. I had to play at the "low" setting but could move most settings up quite a bit and get smooth play at full screen resolution. The motion swing was smooth and there was no lag or drop back... And then the Unity update came. I had to drop back all the graphics settings to the point the game looks like a smeared painting in the near distance. The trees are just ugly. I had to lower the resolution just to get a halfway decent swing meter response.  There is no comet tail on the ball no matter what setting I use and most of the time I can barely see it. The ball rolled on the green like it was egg shaped... And now the long awaited new release. I had hoped I would get some relief. But i had to lower my graphic settings yet again. The old courses are at least playable. Still ugly. Still no comet tail. Still can't see the ball most of the time. The ball physics are better. No more egg shaped rolling. The new course is great. I can say that because I played it on someone else's computer. On mine it is so choppy the avatar completes his swing and the ball is still on the ground. Then it's in the air... and stops...and then it lands. I know it lands because thats the only time I ever really see it. And yes, I have the pause feature enabled. Sometimes I change clubs and the screen goes completely black except for the swing meter. If I click on the meter the view comes back but I'm aimed where I last clicked on the meter.

I know my computer is a little on the old side but a few months ago the game was really enjoyable. Now each new "improvement" makes it less and less so.

#57 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

Aiming and meter marks are largely not implemented although you cannot use F3 if aiming in other views is off...

ummm, my F3 key doesn't work at all, anywhere.  Use to use it to fly down the fairway to where I was aiming.

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#58 Sinewiz

Sinewiz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationMichigan U.S.A.

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:41 AM

ummm, my F3 key doesn't work at all, anywhere.  Use to use it to fly down the fairway to where I was aiming.

Warren

It will work on Beginner and Amateur but not on Pro or Tour pro. ;)

Lakes of Taylor Golf Course

Links at Gateway Golf Club

#59 Tresclub

Tresclub

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationLa Mesa, CA USA

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:04 AM

Thanks, much appreciated.

Warren

PerfectGolfMember2.jpg 

“You only live once, do it right, and once is enough."

Windows 10 Home 64-bit |Intel® Core™ i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz (8 CPUs), ~4.2GHz | nVidea GeForce GTX 1070 FTW
16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 | 2/Samsung EVO 850 500gb SSD | Corsair 600cx PwrSup
BenQ ZOWIE 27" 1ms LCD HD | DirectX 12 | Realtek High Definition Audio | HD Pro Webcam C920

#60 worrybirdie

worrybirdie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 892 posts
  • LocationPismo Beach, California

Posted 10 August 2015 - 08:26 AM

Gotcha...have to be an amateur before I know how hard to hit the club. Makes sense.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users